tdewey's JG auctions set new records!
Author

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:57 pm 

if you get his stock
He wanted way to much IMHO for stock that is common or less desireable.  It would take for ever to sell on eBay, just to recoup the initial investment.  I'm sure that's why he is looking to sell it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:07 pm 

I bought from both Ousmay and Tony. I believe I got the Ref sheets and some installments.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:48 pm 

In other words, if you're going to claim that it isn't what it seems to be you'll need a hell of a lot better evidence than just a cynical feeling.
After Plaag's update to the Wilderlands of Fantastic Reaches entry I'm going to have to revise my opinion.  While the lack of a booty list on the reverse of the cover sheet can easily be explained away as a misprint, I had failed to notice the different color pants on the female rider.  That certainly makes a difference.  Very interesting.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:04 pm 

leadjunkie wrote:After Plaag's update to the Wilderlands of Fantastic Reaches entry I'm going to have to revise my opinion.  While the lack of a booty list on the reverse of the cover sheet can easily be explained away as a misprint, I had failed to notice the different color pants on the female rider.  That certainly makes a difference.  Very interesting.

The variant as well as 2nd print have the same cover sheet with white pants save one has no product list while the other does.
The 3rd print has the cover sheet with colored pants.

Side note: 1980 tends to have transparent-like aspects on some of its cover sheets. This, Castle Book II 1st, Spies of Lightelf 1st.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:42 pm 

Badmike wrote:
I can confirm the Zocchi reprints, particulary Inferno (which I still own) and Escape from Astigar's Lair.  The quality is awful....I've made better photocopies drunk and while on fire.  I have to dig out my copy, but I believe the photocopies are marked in some way across the cover or on the title page.  The ones I have owned are often put together badly also, and the edge don't line up exactly.  Reaching back into the dark ages, I don't believe these were marketed as anything but photocopies of the originals by Zocchi, although others later on may not have made that distinction.

Mike B.

*Bump* Since I don't want to thread jack the PotVQ thread.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:45 pm 

Plaag wrote:
*Bump* Since I don't want to thread jack the PotVQ thread.

ShaneG.

good bump +thx had not remembered awful quality comment on jg reprints + do not have any to compare

Previous