Adventure Games Journal #1 Previews
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:27 pm 

I'll post updates in this thread when I post new previews from Adventure Games Journal #1 and Campaign Installment #1: Player's Guide to the Southern Reaches.

NEW: Previews are now up on the AGP website! Go to www.adventuregamespubs.com and click on the link at the top of the page.

A PDF preview will go out before the release, probably ~8 pages of the magazine and 6 pages of the campaign installment.

Sep. 21: There's a minor preview on my blog; an NPC from one of the articles in the first issue. It gives you a sample of the stat block and character detail for important NPCs.

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Last edited by jamesmishler on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:12 pm 

Oct. 4: New preview from Campaign Installment #1; the Bard class and how it interacts in the societies of the Southern Reaches.

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:48 pm 

This looks GREAT!  How compatible is this stuff with the earlier Wilderlands products?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:11 pm 

DestroyYouAlot wrote:This looks GREAT!  How compatible is this stuff with the earlier Wilderlands products?

Compatibility varies. It is ~97% with anything published by Judges Guild back in the day, as my campaign took most of what they published and built upon it. Some things differed even back in the day, so there will be some differences.

As for the Necro Wilderlands from the Boxed Set, the differences will be more substantial, but still rather compatible. The differences are greatest in the nine southern maps, including the Southern Reaches, as that area was minimally developed by Judges Guild, and so every Judge came up with their own materials... and none of mine were used in the Necro version of the Southern Reaches.

Of course, things will still be hauntingly familiar, and you can change some things out quite readily. Just off the top of my head, for example, in the town of Arquay the leader in the Necro world is a priest of Pasperus; in the Wilderlands of High Adventure, he is a priest of Partressa.

Also, there are cases where I've adapted elements from the Necro world into the WoHA, grabbing stuff I liked that was compatible or supplemental to what I had written, or was even better than what I had developed myself.

The upshot of it is, really, on the average it's probably about 90% compatible with the Necro Wilderlands; the Southern Reaches, less so, but most readily adaptable. Don't like what I did with the Kingdom of Fairwatch? Go ahead and use what they developed in the Necro Wilderlands, or what you yourelf used. It's still quite modular, and if you have something that you prefer to use, go for it!

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:31 am 

Another preview is up...

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:58 am 

jamesmishler wrote:Another preview is up...

:twisted:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:14 pm 

Shane, did you have any problem getting to the blog site? Some folks say they have trouble, and can't get to it, only getting error messages...

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:09 pm 

Hi James,

Its not working for me either, when I click on the link it takes me nowhere.

Do I have to log into the blog?

Thanks.

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:01 am 

NEW: Previews are now up on the AGP website! Go to www.adventuregamespubs.com and click on the link at the top of the page.

Hopefully this page will work for everyone having problems...

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:25 pm 

Nope, never had any problems with accessing either site.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own