AGP ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF ADVENTURE GAMES JOURNALâ„¢
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 31, 2, 3
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 482
Joined: May 12, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2020

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:38 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:so when do we get the first subscription? :)

*jumps up and down with impatience*

Al


First issue goes out in October, as soon as it is done... which probably means late October.


James

*************
James Mishler
James Mishler Games

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:41 pm 
 

jamesmishler wrote:
First issue goes out in October, as soon as it is done... which probably means late October.


so keeps in line with the old JG schedule then? ie behind :D

good work man, really looking forward to it.

Al



  


JG Valuation Board

Posts: 149
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 26, 2012
Location: Whitley Bay,Tyne and Wear

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:39 am 
 

#16  :D

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:46 am 
 

thats pretty cool man - 16 already from just the folk here!

i think i will try and think a way of working an angle on this as i do any JG auctions as them guys may be interested in this stuff too ...

*makes a note*

Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4484
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Mar 08, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:46 pm 
 

#15 here

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 110
Joined: Feb 10, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 15, 2020

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:52 am 
 

So James, when can we expect our first issue to arrive? : )

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 482
Joined: May 12, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2020

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:06 pm 
 

Once this issue gets out I REALLY need to get my forums up on the AGP site so I can post readily accessible updates in one, single spot... :D

I posted at the TLG boards and forgot to post here...

I'm afraid we haven't shipped, or even gone to print yet... I'm hoping we will be able to go to print at the end of this week or early next week. Things were just more time consuming than I imagined getting things off the ground.

We are still going to have a 48-page magazine, but we are moving up to a 48-page Campaign Installment, starting first issue! There's just too much to fit in each player's guide... The price will go up to $12 MSRP on those, and the sub costs will go up as well, but if you are already subscribed, you are gold, and the price change won't affect you until you renew...

So if we go to press next week (which looks most likely), I'm hoping to have them mailed out by... November 14. A bit more than two weeks late.

Note that those of you on the First Year Special Subscription do NOT have to pay the November installment until after you get your first issue and decide you want to continue. I'm not going to hold you to that schedule when I can't keep up with mine!


James

*************
James Mishler
James Mishler Games

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 1665
Joined: Jul 01, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 03, 2021
Location: Moncton, NB Canada

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:21 am 
 

Hi James,
Do you have any update on the shipping date of issue #1?


Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 482
Joined: May 12, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2020

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:36 pm 
 

jasonw1239 wrote:Do you have any update on the shipping date of issue #1?


Jason,

Sorry, no confirmed date yet... I was offline completely (no computer at all) from early Saturday to today... so I'm even more buggered than I thought I'd be...


James

*************
James Mishler
James Mishler Games

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 1665
Joined: Jul 01, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 03, 2021
Location: Moncton, NB Canada

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:13 pm 
 

Thanks for the update.
Sorry to hear about the computer problem, but from what I have seen of the AGP material to date I'm sure this one will be worth the wait.
I just wish I had more disposable income right now to commit to a full year subscription....sigh... :(


Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 1665
Joined: Jul 01, 2006
Last Visit: Mar 03, 2021
Location: Moncton, NB Canada

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:19 pm 
 

Hi James,

Any updates on when we will see this?
It seems to be the lot of small publishers to have release delays, but in the interest of having prepaid for an item a bit of information about the delivery date would be appreciated.  :)


Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 266
Joined: Aug 26, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2017
Location: Nevada, TX

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:53 pm 
 

James has been conspicuously absent from boards he ordinarily posts on.

The Acaeum: Judges Guild Booty List - last post Dec. 10th

Necromancer Games - Wilderlands, et al - Dec. 5th

Troll Lords - Wilderlands of High Adventure - Dec. 8th

On Troll Lords he said the following:

One thing I want to mention is that I haven't said anything about progress lately; this is because every time I note progress has been made, SOMETHING happens to stop said progress in its tracks, and I'm tired of putting a hex on the whole thing.

So at this point, the next that will be heard of the first issue is when it finally goes off to press (and I sincerely hope that doesn't hex it, too).

People often say that gamers are superstitious. You'd be superstitious, too, if you kept getting hexed...


There have been several prodding posts that have not been responded to.  Supporters have risen to his defence, but that count little with me.  I want to hear from James.  I paid a year subscription.  It's not the money.  I can take that hit if it comes to it.  It's the principle.  I want to know what the status is and what reasonable expectation I have for delivery on his half of the bargain.  A post about superstition and hexes is frankly, childish.  It's not my intention to offend.  I just want a response and I'm sure others do as well.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4484
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Mar 08, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:17 am 
 

Reading some of the posts from others, I figure he's done posting until he's done writing since people have raised complaints.  So hopefully he can get the 1st one wrapped up and have a good idea how to tackle the rest.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 482
Joined: May 12, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2020

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:29 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:Reading some of the posts from others, I figure he's done posting until he's done writing since people have raised complaints.  So hopefully he can get the 1st one wrapped up and have a good idea how to tackle the rest.

ShaneG.


Plaag's spot on. The post about the hexing was in jest (well, mostly in jest). The real reason I've been so silent is because most folks who were speaking up were wondering why I was posting and not writing... so I shut up and kept writing. Then of course folks who wondered why I wasn't posting started speaking up and... only proved to me you can't win for losing.  :wink:

But here's an update...

The first issue of Adventure Games Journal is in final layout. I had hoped to have that complete before Christmas, in order to have it at the printer before the new year, but holiday stuff got in the way. So it looks like it will go to the printers the first week of January.

The first Campaign Installment, Player's Guide to the Southern Reaches, is not yet complete. However, part of the production process has shown me that working on two very different products at the same time slows both products down, so I have decided upon a new shipping format, to fit my new production format...

The magazines and campaign installments, rather than shipping together, will be stagger shipped. AGJ #1 will ship in January. CI #1 will ship in February. AGJ #2 will ship in March, CI #2 in April, and so forth. The effect is still the same, two 48-page books every other month, but subscribers will get a book every month rather than two every other month. Shipping will be First Class rather than Priority; I'm going to end up eating it a bit on the shipping to current international customers, but I think it's a better way of getting product out there. Goodies will ship with each mailing (the freebie color maps will usually ship with the CI, but in the case of the first it will ship with the AGJ).

So there's the latest and greatest. AGJ #1 in January, CI #1 in February, and (ideally) a regular monthly schedule thereafter.

I offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all products (I should post it on the site, now that I think of it). If you don't like the product, ship it back and I will refund your money. If someone wants out of a subscription, I will refund them the portion remaining (at this point in time, all of it), no questions asked. I'm not out to steal anyone's money.

Things simply have not gone as smoothly as I'd hoped. I should have known after all these years in the industry that nothing ever goes as planned, no matter how prepared you think you are, and set aside more time to get things started. Harsh lesson relearned.


James

*************
James Mishler
James Mishler Games

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7947
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Mar 08, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:44 pm 
 

jamesmishler wrote:
Plaag's spot on. The post about the hexing was in jest (well, mostly in jest). The real reason I've been so silent is because most folks who were speaking up were wondering why I was posting and not writing... so I shut up and kept writing. Then of course folks who wondered why I wasn't posting started speaking up and... only proved to me you can't win for losing.  :wink:

But here's an update...

The first issue of Adventure Games Journal is in final layout. I had hoped to have that complete before Christmas, in order to have it at the printer before the new year, but holiday stuff got in the way. So it looks like it will go to the printers the first week of January.

The first Campaign Installment, Player's Guide to the Southern Reaches, is not yet complete. However, part of the production process has shown me that working on two very different products at the same time slows both products down, so I have decided upon a new shipping format, to fit my new production format...

The magazines and campaign installments, rather than shipping together, will be stagger shipped. AGJ #1 will ship in January. CI #1 will ship in February. AGJ #2 will ship in March, CI #2 in April, and so forth. The effect is still the same, two 48-page books every other month, but subscribers will get a book every month rather than two every other month. Shipping will be First Class rather than Priority; I'm going to end up eating it a bit on the shipping to current international customers, but I think it's a better way of getting product out there. Goodies will ship with each mailing (the freebie color maps will usually ship with the CI, but in the case of the first it will ship with the AGJ).

So there's the latest and greatest. AGJ #1 in January, CI #1 in February, and (ideally) a regular monthly schedule thereafter.

I offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all products (I should post it on the site, now that I think of it). If you don't like the product, ship it back and I will refund your money. If someone wants out of a subscription, I will refund them the portion remaining (at this point in time, all of it), no questions asked. I'm not out to steal anyone's money.

Things simply have not gone as smoothly as I'd hoped. I should have known after all these years in the industry that nothing ever goes as planned, no matter how prepared you think you are, and set aside more time to get things started. Harsh lesson relearned.


Thanks for the post, James. It's only good business to let your customers know how the project is going, we appreciate you stepping up and letting us in on the problems you've had.  As soon as I get a little cash set aside, I'm going to be looking at getting on board...

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4484
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Mar 08, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:50 pm 
 

Great news. 2008 shall be a good year :)

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2446
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2021
Location: Queensland, Australia

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:16 pm 
 

Please put me down for one when it is printed...

Brette:)


Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:10 am 
 

Has the first issue gone out yet?

Can someone still subscribe to the first issue?


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 482
Joined: May 12, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2020

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:19 am 
 

FormCritic wrote:Has the first issue gone out yet?

Can someone still subscribe to the first issue?


Nope, it is in final layout as I type this; we're just getting things to fit with all the art and whatnot. Ideally, it will be printed up and shipped to me next week.

You can still get in on the subscription with the first issue; I will post the cutoff, probably on Monday (please, please, please Monday).


James

*************
James Mishler
James Mishler Games

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:12 am 
 

James

just letting you know, my stuff came today!! WOOOHOOOO! feels like christmas again!

the stuff is most excellent and i would highly recommend anyone who hasnt subscribed, to do so. most impressed!

Al



  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 31, 2, 3