AGP ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF ADVENTURE GAMES JOURNALâ„¢
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:44 pm 

AGP ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF ADVENTURE GAMES JOURNALâ„¢ PRINT MAGAZINE

IOLA, WI -- September 5, 2007 — Adventure Games Publishing, publishers of Wilderlands of High Adventureâ„¢ products for the Castles & Crusades® role-playing game, is pleased to announce the October 2007 launch of a new bi-monthly print gaming magazine, Adventure Games Journal. Adventure Games Journal is dedicated to providing players and judges of role-playing games extensive materials to assist in game play, including new monsters and treasures, organizations, races, classes, locations, adventures, and other game elements to enhance and expand the role-playing game experience.

"Adventure Games Journal is all about the cool, fun stuff that players and judges want to bring to the table," said James Mishler, President of Adventure Games Publishing and Publisher of Adventure Games Journal. "The models I used to build the Adventure Games Journal format were all from classic magazines and fanzines, which were chock-full of new and unique elements to add to your game. There's no room for whining about ‘post-modern game theory' in the pages of Adventure Games Journal. It's all about playing games and having fun."

Subscribers receive a 32-page Campaign Installment with each issue. Each Campaign Installment focuses in detail on a region, city, town, or adventure area of the Wilderlands of High Adventure. Future Campaign Installments may include material for other worlds and even other role-playing game systems. Though Adventure Games Journal focuses on the Wilderlands of High Adventure and Castles & Crusades, Adventure Games Publishing plans to include coverage of other role-playing games both in Adventure Games Journal and in Campaign Installments. The first issue of Adventure Games Journal is scheduled for release in October 2007, with subsequent issues to follow every other month thereafter.

The first issue of Adventure Games Journal includes a guide to the world of the Wilderlands of High Adventure, details on the royal family of the City State of the Invincible Overlord, two complete adventures, two organizations, a Lost God of the Wilderlands, two new classes, a new race, and plenty of new monsters, treasures, and judge's charts. The campaign installment for the first issue is the Player's Guide to the Southern Reaches, a mysterious region of the far south caught between the monstrous Demon Empires, the accursed Kingdom of Karak, and the howling savagery of the Wilderlands.

Adventure Games Journal subscriptions are available direct from Adventure Games Publishing. Subscribers receive each issue of Adventure Games Journal, along with its related Campaign Installment, plus various special subscriber-only limited-edition items available from time to time during the period of the subscription. A one year (six-issue) subscription costs $120, and includes shipping and handling. For more information on subscriptions e-mail: [email protected].

About Adventure Games Publishing
Iola, Wisconsin-based Adventure Games Publishing publishes the Wilderlands of High Adventure, designed and approved for use with Castles & Crusades. Adventure Games Publishing plans to support many disparate role-playing game systems and settings in the pages of Adventure Games Journal, and with licensed adventure modules and sourcebooks. For additional information, visit www.adventuregamespubs.com.

###

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:21 pm 

Hi James

Do you have the facility to ship to the Uk?

Thought Tell Qa was great - cant wait for more!

Kind regards

David

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:39 pm 

Cushionsnbeans wrote:Hi James

Do you have the facility to ship to the Uk?

Thought Tell Qa was great - cant wait for more!

Kind regards

David

you just beat me to the punch. i was about to ask the same.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:19 pm 

And people, keep the bloody envelopes with this :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:26 pm 

Plaag wrote:And people, keep the bloody envelopes with this :)

ShaneG.

Ah, Shane, you know not what you ask!

Each subscriber package will include thre envelopes. The magazine and campaign installment will each be bagged and boarded in an envelope, while the third envelope will include subscriber goodies... which will be secret until the subscriber gets the envelope... So that's three envelopes to keep track of! :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:34 am 

Cost to Canada too please.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:08 am 

Adventure Games Journal
Each 48-page issue comes complete with the 32-page campaign installment, plus subscribers get special FREE products and special offers throughout their subscription term. Note that ads are minimal in the magazine, and non-existent in the campaign installment, so you get a big bang for your buck!

Subscription rates are subject to change without notice.

Adventure Games Journal Subscription Schedule: US
All prices in US $
Prices include shipping & handling

1 issue alone = $16 ($12 + $4 S&H)
1 campaign installment alone = $14 ($10 + $4 S&H)
1 issue + campaign installment = $28 ($22 + $6 S&H)

"Try Me!" subscription: 1 issue + campaign installment = $20*
3-issue subscription = $69**
6-issue subscription = $126**
First Year Special Subscription: $15 per month or $30 every other month for 10 months***

Adventure Games Journal Subscription Schedule: Canada
All prices in US $

1 issue alone = $16 ($12 + $4 S&H)
1 campaign installment alone = $14 ($10 + $4 S&H)
1 issue + campaign installment = $31 ($22 + $9 S&H)

"Try Me!" subscription: 1 issue + campaign installment = $23*
3-issue subscription = $78**
6-issue subscription = $144**
First Year Special Subscription: $16 per month or $32 every other month for 10 months***

Adventure Games Journal Subscription Schedule: UK and Australia
All prices in US $

1 issue alone = $21 ($12 + $9 S&H)
1 campaign installment alone = $18 ($10 + $8 S&H)
1 issue + campaign installment = $34 ($22 + $12 S&H)

"Try Me!" subscription: 1 issue + campaign installment = $26*
3-issue subscription = $90**
6-issue subscription = $168**
First Year Special Subscription: $18 per month or $36 every other month for 10 months***

* "Try Me!" available only ONCE to any single address/person; the "Try Me!" subscription gets any special FREE products plus access to the bonuses, premiums, and other special offers during the two-month/1 issue introductory subscription period.

** Subscribers get special FREE products, bonuses, premiums, and offers as might be available during the subscription period.

*** With the "First Year Special Subscription," you pay 10 monthly installments or five bi-monthly installments . During this time, as long as your payments are up to date, you get the magazine, the campaign installment, AND all the regular subscription bennies. Then, having paid for the first five issues, you get the sixth issue more or less FREE. This offer will NOT continue after the first year; thereafter, regular subscription requirements apply. The first payment in the First Year Special Subscription is due by October 7th, 2007; thereafter monthly installments will be due by the 7th of the month, or by the 7th of December 2007, and February, April, and June of 2008 for the bi-monthly payment option. The First Year Special Subscription offer ends October 8th, 2007.

Note: Wisconsin residents must add 5% sales tax

Checks and money orders can be sent to:

Adventure Games Publishing
Attn: Journal Subscriptions
PO Box 185
Iola, WI 54945

Make checks payable to Adventure Games Publishing

Checks and money orders are preferred if at all possible!

Send Paypal payments to: james at adventuregamespubs [dot] com

Adventure Games Journal #1 (Nov/Dec 2007) will be mailed out in late October.

Last edited by jamesmishler on Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:35 am, edited 7 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:02 am 

mmm yes that sounds all well n fine, but what about the cool guys in the UK :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:36 am 

killjoy32 wrote:mmm yes that sounds all well n fine, but what about the cool guys in the UK :)

Al

It looks like it will be $162 for a full year (6-issues) and $87 for a half-year (3-issues), unless there are any sort of tariffs or customs issues I am unaware of (and there may well be such). That's with Priority Mail International Flat Rate... each package could be upward of a pound or more with freebies.

Special shipping non-USPS would be more trouble than it's worth for me... the nearest UPS shop is a half-hour drive!

As I've mentioned elsewhere, it might work out better to find a business partner in the UK to print the magazine and campaign installment there...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:19 am 

$162 sounds ok - where do i sign up

Are we nearly there yet?

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:38 pm 

Yes $162 is OK

Like Al says where do I sign?

David

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:28 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:$162 sounds ok - where do i sign up

Checks and money orders (in US$) can be sent to:

Adventure Games Publishing
Attn: Journal Subscriptions
PO Box 185
Iola, WI 54945

Make checks payable to Adventure Games Publishing

Send Paypal payments to: james at adventuregamespubs [dot] com

Thanks!

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:38 pm 

Great stuff James

Thanks a lot.

D.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:23 pm 

james

just gonna wait for my card to click over and then i will sort a subscription dude. just booked my oz flight dude so card feels a little fragile just now :)

regards

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:43 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:
Ah, Shane, you know not what you ask!

Each subscriber package will include three envelopes. The magazine and campaign installment will each be bagged and boarded in an envelope, while the third envelope will include subscriber goodies... which will be secret until the subscriber gets the envelope... So that's three envelopes to keep track of! :)

D'oh

:D

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:54 pm 

Hurray, subscriber #007! Go on then, what number did you get?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:41 pm 

Aww, man, I lost my special Special. :( Hehe. Am ruminating a sub now... but will let you know within a few days.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:47 pm 

serleran wrote:Aww, man, I lost my special Special. :( Hehe. Am ruminating a sub now... but will let you know within a few days.

Eh, didn't want to worry about trademarks and such..  :wink:

Next