Judges Guild Free PDF Downloads From Eostros
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:14 am 

http://www.eostros.com/thieves/downloads/index.html

Part of the Eostros website.

Free download of original Citadel of Fire and Modron as well as some other interesting stuff.

Our own Weresteve is an Eostros guy, by the way.

Also, visit the Eostros homepage at:

http://www.eostros.com/

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Last edited by FormCritic on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:27 pm 

You are probably aware that all the Pegasus Wilderlands installments are available here (but just in case):

http://www.judgesguild.com/downloads.html#peg

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:49 pm 

leadjunkie wrote:You are probably aware that all the Pegasus Wilderlands installments are available here (but just in case):

http://www.judgesguild.com/downloads.html#peg

Those are the adventures published in Pegasus...and yes I knew about them, but some others might not.   8)

They are worth your time.  I like the Ant God module, which has a lot of hack and slash...and you learn about types of ants.   8O

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:23 pm 

FormCritic wrote:http://www.eostros.com/thieves/downloads/index.html

Part of the Eostros website.

Thanks for the link! Downloaded successfully.

On first glance, I thought the Citadel pdf was screwed up. But then I realized that it's not a complete scan. Rather, it's text of the module plus scans of illustrations (partial page scans).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:49 am 

On first glance, I thought the Citadel pdf was screwed up. But then I realized that it's not a complete scan. Rather, it's text of the module plus scans of illustrations (partial page scans).

It appears that someone took the cleaned up OCR text and image scans I did prior to the conversion of Citadel of Fire to 3.5 and turned them into a pdf ... and not a very good one at that.  Guess that's what happens for being the odd one out and using Wordperfect to clean up the text after doing the OCR scan.  Probably not the most widely used  word processing software these days, but I am familiar with it and it does a better job of cleaning up text than M$ Word.

Also noticed they put up "Map of Damkina" in the downloads section which I found amusing.  I did this as a mockup of the map for future reference after cleaning up the OCR scan and checking the other maps that I scanned in from Pegasus #8 installment _Terror in the North_.  Suffice it to say this will probably wind up being about as extensive rewrite as _Citadel of Fire_ and at this point I am hoping that it gets the nod for official release thru Goodman Games.

Not to give too much away, but I have already started overhauling Damkina ... mostly updating some of the local personae and adding in backgrounds.  I am hoping to have the two largest taverns/inns mapped out with more detail than the rest of the taverns in the city.  There will also most likely be some updates to the city palace as the maps and description beg to be cleaned up.  As to the rest of the cleanup work ... that will remain to be seen.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:46 am 

Where have I seen the Damkina map before?

It seems to me that I have seen that map used in a different Judges Guild product.

Even the cut and paste map in the website looks really familiar.

I thought the downloads were a very nice feature...and they worked, since I referred others to your site once I found them.

Other stuff on the site seems outdated.  Maybe a rework is possible?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:58 am 

Where have I seen the Damkina map before?

Not sure ... I have looked through so many JG products while working on scanning them in that at times things seem to be a bit of a blur.   Tho' I do seem to remember in one of the Wilderlands installments somewhere a basic outline of the walls of Rallu that did look simiar ...

Perhaps someone else around here might know.

Other stuff on the site seems outdated.  Maybe a rework is possible?

Not my site ... Greg & Kara Geilman's site.  As for outdated ... more than a tad, but nowhere near as bad as the old www.judgesguild.net site.  I am not sure they have much time at present to devote to the web site since the push to get Dark Tower finished is in its final stages.  It probably wouldn't hurt to drop them a line with your suggestions so they will have something to work from.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:49 am 

FormCritic wrote:Where have I seen the Damkina map before? It seems to me that I have seen that map used in a different Judges Guild product. Even the cut and paste map in the website looks really familiar. I thought the downloads were a very nice feature...and they worked, since I referred others to your site once I found them. Other stuff on the site seems outdated.  Maybe a rework is possible?

The Damkina map and the entire Damkina download are from Pegasus #8, Guildmember installment "Threat in the North." The reason the map is chopped up, especially near the center, appears to be because it was the center spread of that issue.

It is notable in that it mentions, quite specifically, monsters and situations from the Arduin Grimoire series...

Plut it is an entire mini-campaign, complete with adventures and with a guide to much of the central regions of the Elphand Territories.

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:11 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:
The Damkina map and the entire Damkina download are from Pegasus #8, Guildmember installment "Threat in the North." The reason the map is chopped up, especially near the center, appears to be because it was the center spread of that issue.

It is notable in that it mentions, quite specifically, monsters and situations from the Arduin Grimoire series...

Plut it is an entire mini-campaign, complete with adventures and with a guide to much of the central regions of the Elphand Territories.

Thanks!

I was going to have to plow through my collection to find it!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:19 am 

Other stuff on the site seems outdated. Maybe a rework is possible?

A reworking of the web site is probably in order, especially since things have changed dramatically with the passing of Bob Sr.

Plus it is an entire mini-campaign, complete with adventures and with a guide to much of the central regions of the Elphand Territories.

Unfortunately, the rewrite I have been working on for the past year will not see the light of day as written ...

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:27 am 

Sweet indeed.
Thanks guys.........

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:11 am 

I assume Bob gave the okay for those files to be posted?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:45 pm 

Plaag wrote:I assume Bob gave the okay for those files to be posted?

ShaneG.

A version of Modron is available on the Judges Guild site for free (or was a year ago).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:44 pm 

I assume Bob gave the okay for those files to be posted?

I cannot say for certain as I was not privy to any conversations involving what could or couldn't be posted to the web site.  I can understand some of the material being allowed to be posted because the Arcane Ranger didn't make the final cut of Citadel of Fire.  Goodman asked it be taken out because at the time he wasn't interested in doing new character classes.

YIM