Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:18 pm 

Definitely looking forward to this :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:21 pm 

serleran wrote:Did Peter do the art and layout? If so, I might have to bug him to sign it for me next time I see him (assuming I get a copy, though, I have been given an offer so I have high hopes.)

Unfortunately, due to the run-up to the show, Peter was only able to get in one piece of art for the cover. But it's a cool one! He did all the payout work, too.

At this point Peter is scheduled to do the art for the retail version of Tell Qa; that is, if the Trolls don't kill him with their schedule! :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:32 pm 

So, now that GenCon is over, did you have any copies of Tell Qa XXXI left over from the show?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:08 pm 

FormCritic wrote:So, now that GenCon is over, did you have any copies of Tell Qa XXXI left over from the show?

There looked like plenty left; it's well worth getting.  Just a really nice product, James did a great job on these.  Very old school in conception and design, too.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:06 pm 

FormCritic wrote:So, now that GenCon is over, did you have any copies of Tell Qa XXXI left over from the show?

XXXI did not sell out, not by a long-shot, unfortunately.

I sold around 50 copies, which is still quite good.

For various reasons, I was out of sorts on Friday and Saturday, and not able to turn on the sales charm. That hurt quite a bit. No one complained about the price point, so I know that was not an issue.

But really, printing 310 was probably way out of order, anyhow. At this point, it is a niche product for a niche product. C&C will grow (especially with the release of 4E... we had people come by the booth who were throwing away their 3.5 stuff and seeking a different game, they were so upset with the 4E announcement... sold a lot of them C&C, too).

So next year 320 might work, but it will depend on the fan base; I will probably print fewer than that. We shall see.

However, this means I have plenty of copies for sale still. Today is my day of rest (I slept 16 hours straight from last night, utterly exhausted), so I haven't sorted things out yet. I'd hate to pulp them. I think I'll sell them for $10 plus shipping. An announcement will go out later...

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:53 pm 

James,
Will you be selling XXXI through your web site or just through the "brick & mortar" channels.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:59 pm 

Good Lord!  Don't pulp them!  8O

You were joking, right? :cry:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:39 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:James,
Will you be selling XXXI through your web site or just through the "brick & mortar" channels.

XXXI is definitely not a "ready for retail" product, as it does not have a color cover. Retailers won't even look at a black and white cover any more (even with an illo on it).

Also, it is supposed to be a limited edition special product, so I wouldn't feel right selling it out in general that way.

I'm not going to pulp them, at leat, not till everyone on the Acaeum, Necromancer, Troll Lord, and Goodman Games boards who missed Gen Con gets a shot at buying one. After that, probably, to maintain the limited nature... not very "limited" if I'm still selling them at Gen Con 2010, are they? But we shall see.

I need to check out my PayPay account. I haven't used it in a while, and I can't recall if I set it up to sell as well as buy. Still figuring out how to go about it...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:43 am 

James

i had a quick chance on the flight home to give it a little read and man its great!!!!

seriously, anyone who doesnt buy it, is a muppet. its a great product and well worth the small amount of cash youre asking for it.

good work man! i look forward to future items. gimme a shout when youre offloading any and you have a buyer

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:50 am 

Think its pretty easy to set the Paypal account to sell, think you only need a checking account?? been awhile.

It is a great product though, just needs more AGP products to go with it :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:34 am 

James,

It was good to meet you at Gen Con.  The guys really enjoyed the game on Saturday - thanks for running one for them.  I'll plan fewer committments next year (if I can remember) and maybe we can put a game together.  I would welcome the chance to DM.  

I had fully intended to buy one or more copies of XXXI while at the convention.  I even had one in my hand at one point.  But it seemed like I was always 'needing' to be somewhere else to get ready for an official game, and so I put it back on the rack and headed off to find my table.  

Please don't pulp the remaining copies fo XXXI - that would be such a waste.  When you get it figured out how you're going to make them available, I'll buy one for myself and a few others for gamer friends.  

I've used the Wilderlands for nearly 20 years - it's the only actual setting I've ever used.  I'm interested in most things that support that great setting.  

Jon "tacojohn" Hershberger

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:55 am 

Badmike picked one up for me, and when it arrives, I'll look it over, and see if I'd like another one. If so, I'll likely get another...I'm fairly confident (97%) that I'll want a second copy.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:10 pm 

serleran wrote:Badmike picked one up for me, and when it arrives, I'll look it over, and see if I'd like another one. If so, I'll likely get another...I'm fairly confident (97%) that I'll want a second copy.

Hey I want some more copies to...I already have messed up my copy (a creased page, sob) due to reading it, I need a backup!!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Previous