Dark Tower on Auction
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:39 am 

Hello all,

I am the fellow selling this Dark Tower that ends today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I originally had it identified as a 1st printing but after discovering the excellent Judges Guild material here at Acaeum, I have added a note in the auction that it appears to be a 2nd printing. (I have also notified each bidder to be sure he/she has spotted the note)

My comment and real point to this note is that I appear to have a varient on the 2nd edition listed here.  My catalog page is listed as "Treasure Vault" but ends the item with JG 140 and JG 150 both of which are listed as "Coming Soon".  This is a little different that what is listed on the Dark Tower page here.

Andy

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:50 am 

Boreas wrote:Hello all,

I am the fellow selling this Dark Tower that ends today:

** expired eBay auction **

I originally had it identified as a 1st printing but after discovering the excellent Judges Guild material here at Acaeum, I have added a note in the auction that it appears to be a 2nd printing. (I have also notified each bidder to be sure he/she has spotted the note)

My comment and real point to this note is that I appear to have a varient on the 2nd edition listed here.  My catalog page is listed as "Treasure Vault" but ends the item with JG 140 and JG 150 both of which are listed as "Coming Soon".  This is a little different that what is listed on the Dark Tower page here.

Andy

It should list Journal 19 on that product list as well.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:31 am 

Right you are.  It does list Journal 19 up above.  I forgot that they have their own item code with JG.

Thank you.  It is a 2nd printing as listed here, then.

Andy

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:08 pm 

Seems another is trying an aggressive approach at listing one (though don't know printing)

** expired eBay auction **

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:47 pm 

I was the first bidder on that Dark Tower auction.  $38+ is pretty good for a copy with tape on the spine!

It is interesting to me how many copies of Dark Tower have been sold in the recent past by Washington and Oregon sellers.  I got both of my copies from Seattle sellers.

Some sort of trend here in the Northwest?

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."