Find City State of the IO, Revised.
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:36 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Well if 1000 printed and 7+ years removed now, guess its going to be hard to find.
QuikLink has also completely removed all signs of Judges Guild, probably in the past year, from their site.

ShaneG.

well i would suggest its very rare. not much chance of getting hold of it now i would imagine.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:26 pm 

Plaag wrote:Well if 1000 printed and 7+ years removed now, guess its going to be hard to find.

Interesting! I never figured I would have a "rare" in my collection. :lol: Maybe I could be one of those guys who just happens to have an extremely rare item packed away in the basement, 20 years later it's paying for my vacation home. :wink:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:11 am 

dcas wrote:Interesting! I never figured I would have a "rare" in my collection. :lol: Maybe I could be one of those guys who just happens to have an extremely rare item packed away in the basement, 20 years later it's paying for my vacation home. :wink:  :lol:

imo though its rare, its not necessarily of a higher value as say one of the older print CSIO's which will always hold a good value to a collector.

i think this version will command some value right now as there are a number of collectors just now who's curiousity has just been piqued and may wish to have one.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:56 pm 

Yeah, plus you also have a better chance of finding these in good condition then one of the other CSIOs.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:16 am 

I ordered a copy of Revised City State of the Invincible Overlord, Item Code:  62, 6th Printing (1983) from Noble Knights.

What I received was actually Revised City State of the Invincible Overlord Playing Aid, Item Code:  1999-62, 7th Printing (1999), in near mint condition, or at least some version of it.  Here is how it is described at:

http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Items0062,1999-62.html

Item Code:  1999-62
Title:  Revised City State of the Invincible Overlord Playing Aid
Type:  Accessory
System:  Universal
Author(s):  Bob Bledsaw, Bill Owen
Date Published:  1999
Format:  88-page book, two 35" x 49" maps (Judge, Player), 6 17" x 22" maps (3 Judge, 3 Player)
Original Price:  $10.00
The huge maps are printed on white paper depicting the city and Thunderhold, while the six maps (three Judge, three Player) are: Campaign Map 1: City State of Invincible Overlord, Campaign Map 2: Barbarian Atlantis / Campaign Map 3: Valley of Ancients and Campaign Map 4: Tarantis / Campaign Map 5: Valon.

and

7th Printing (1999):  This is a reprint of the 4th - 6th printing with a blue background and angled scroll on cover and given an item code of 1600 in Pegasus 14.  All maps and artwork are in black and white.  Note: This is not City State - Collector's Edition UFS as that was never released.  Product list is titled "Booty List" with the highest number being 1700.

However mine has some variations as follows:

The item number is JG1999-0062.
It has 88 pages if you include the back cover which has a Player's Map of Thunderhold.
It has two duplicate black and white maps that measure 19" x 35" printed front and back with CSIO and Thunderhold Judge's Map on one side and Player's Map on the other.  It does not have any of the campaign maps indicated on the web site.
The product list is titled Booty List, but the highest numbered item is #1140.  Pegasus #14 is listed, which would be item #1700, but instead it is numbered t.b.a., as are City State - Collector's Edition and Wilderlands CD ROM.

So, what did I end up with here?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:21 pm 

Thats what it is regarding the book, etc.
As for the campaign maps I don't have them with my copy so I don't know now if it came with them or not. Mine may have since I ordered it from the site years ago. Anyone else with one care to comment if it has the Campaign maps?

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:31 pm 

I'll see if I can dig it out tonight and take a peek.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:46 pm 

I think I found the set of Campaign Maps that came with this. I moved them into another box when I was going through all the maps and getting some scans/discovering new maps. I'll still await some confirmation though from anyone else with the RCSIO set.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:46 pm 

My CSIO does not have campaign maps -- or so I think. The problem is that it was in the same place as my copy of Wilderlands of High Fantasy, so I assume the maps (players' and Judges' maps of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5) are from that and not CSIO.

However, it did come with two maps of Thunderhold (unless one of those maps is from Wilderlands).

Hope this helps.

Previous