Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor d20
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 21, 2
Author


Prolific Collector

Posts: 197
Joined: Oct 25, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 16, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:59 pm 
 

There is preview up at

http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... baskor.pdf

Contains cover art, table of content, and a complete level.

Enjoy
Rob Conley

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 178
Joined: May 03, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 11, 2021
Location: Upper CANADA

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:46 pm 
 

The print version is finally out, which I am excited about.  Just put my order in at noble knight.   :)

Anyone else going to get this?  Plaag I know you've been getting the D20 JG stuff in the past.  Anyone else?  Common man this is going to be good stuff and for only $15 bucks ...go out and get it!  Maybe if they sell enough, they will make more.    :D

Well I'm basing this on the fact that i've liked all the previous JG material put out by Necromancer Games.  I know some don't care for the D20, but it is really the underlying material that I have found shines through.

I picked up an original 1st print last month ...in fine condition for $22 dollars.  Probably overpaid slighly ...going to read it tonight and compare to the new version when it arrives.

Cheers!

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 266
Joined: Aug 26, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2017
Location: Nevada, TX

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:43 pm 
 

I preordered d20 Badabaskar in December.  Amazon has twice sent me notices asking for permission to postpone delivery.  Last notice said end of February, early march.  My order status still show no sign of shipping.  What gives?

I have the first three printings of the original and hope to score the 4th and last printing in an auction closing tomorrow.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 178
Joined: May 03, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 11, 2021
Location: Upper CANADA

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:54 pm 
 

leadjunkie wrote:My order status still show no sign of shipping.  What gives?



You giveth, and they taketh!  That's what gives.  :cry:

Can you cancel and buy it from noble knight?  Not to pour salt in your wounds,  but I ordered it this morning and it  shipped in the afternoon with tracking.  Mind you when I order from him (once a month) I usually to pile on about $100 bucks worth of tings to make the shipping worth it.  But then I'm sure you are paying some shipping with Amazon too?

Let me ask this since we are on the topic of fine D20 JG releases ...if I have the Wilderlands of High Fantasy boxed set, what corresponding original JG products would provide me with the equivalent material?

Cheers!

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 266
Joined: Aug 26, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2017
Location: Nevada, TX

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:32 am 
 

By item number these are the original JG products incorporated into the box set (at least in part).  I'm not including installments or individual components, just the bundled items.

27, 34, 48, 67, 92, 111, 270, 300, 1010, 1030, 1090

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 25, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:56 am 
 

leadjunkie wrote:
I have the first three printings of the original and hope to score the 4th and last printing in an auction closing tomorrow.


Your collection must be getting up there :)

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 25, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:59 am 
 

islestrike wrote:The print version is finally out, which I am excited about.  Just put my order in at noble knight.   :)

Anyone else going to get this?  Plaag I know you've been getting the D20 JG stuff in the past.  Anyone else?  Common man this is going to be good stuff and for only $15 bucks ...go out and get it!  Maybe if they sell enough, they will make more.    :D

Well I'm basing this on the fact that i've liked all the previous JG material put out by Necromancer Games.  I know some don't care for the D20, but it is really the underlying material that I have found shines through.

I picked up an original 1st print last month ...in fine condition for $22 dollars.  Probably overpaid slighly ...going to read it tonight and compare to the new version when it arrives.

Cheers!


Haven't ordered it yet, but I should be picking it up sometime soon.

As for other d20 material, Tegel is hitting a snag so it may not see the light of day, but here is hoping.

Inferno I'm not sure what more progress has been made and how this will be distributed (print on demand, through a publisher, etc)

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:27 am 
 

personally, i would love to have all the new JG material, but i just won't touch it because its d20....i simply just don't like the format, doesnt do anything for me.

not putting down d20, trust me, its just that i don't happen to like it, so it puts me off what i am very sure is great material. now if i could buy it in a sorta pre-d20 state, then i would be there getting anything thats available.

geoff sent me a preview of inferno, and i think its bloody tremendous. however, it will be ruined for me when all the d20 stuff is inserted. but if i could buy it with some sorta format that is "suitable for all systems" or something similar to what RJK is doing, then i would be well there.

good to see the interest there though.

Al



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 197
Joined: Oct 25, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 16, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:12 am 
 

Sorry to hear that.  Unfortunately we can only do  what we have funding for and that was to publish a D20 module. Maybe a C&C version will get done in the future if it sells well.

Personally my primary system GURPS so like nothing is written for what I run. Everything I have to convert. I learned long ago that the writing and plot are just as or more important than the actual rule system the module is written. The second biggest factor is rule system stuff segregated so I can easily spot and know what I have to do with GURPS.

I made sure with Fortress Badabaskor that 90% of all the D20 stuff is clearly outlined in grey boxes. So it easy to spot what is needed to be changed.

As a 1st edition or OD&D player what you get by buying the latest Badabaskor are better maps, expanded description, more adventure hooks, a tie-in into Judges Guild Wilderlands of High Fantasy (the original had none), and an outline of what is needed to make it fit in a personal campaign.

You don't have to take my word for it. The complete level 4 is available so you compare it to the original

http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... baskor.pdf

Enjoy
Rob Conley

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:02 am 
 

will go and have a look Rob, as badabaskor is a great mod originally, and i ran that from start to finish many many moons ago.

Al



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 197
Joined: Oct 25, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 16, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:00 am 
 

So you know short of actually making it a 1st edition module (which we don't have funds for) we do want to make it as easy for DMs of older editions to convert our adventures. (It is a rising market with C&C and OSRIC) So comments are appreciated.

Rob Conley

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:01 am 
 

The layout of the product in the pdf is pretty good.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:50 pm 
 

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... _id=21067&

Link to RPGNow, where Badabaskor pdf is on sale for a couple of days at 25% off....$6.74


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 197
Joined: Oct 25, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 16, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:56 pm 
 

FormCritic wrote:The layout of the product in the pdf is pretty good.


Thanks Appreciate the compliment

Rob COnley

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 25, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:23 pm 
 

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/dungeons-drago ... 989p1.html

http://movies.ign.com/articles/433/433111p1.html

http://www.colboard.com/cn/user-images/ ... %20WEB.mov

:D

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 554
Joined: Dec 01, 2006
Last Visit: Oct 20, 2020
Location: Jupiter, FL

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:03 pm 
 

HISTORICAL QUESTION:



Just how many different printings of this product are there? 8O  While skulking through listings on eBay, I saw these verions, plus the one I have, which is similar to the second, but with a stylish font:



http://cgi.ebay.com/D-D-Judges-Guild-Th ... dZViewItem




** expired eBay auction **


"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 25, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:55 pm 
 

PM-Knight wrote:HISTORICAL QUESTION:

Just how many different printings of this product are there? 8O  While skulking through listings on eBay, I saw these verions, plus the one I have, which is similar to the second, but with a stylish font:


** expired eBay auction **



** expired eBay auction **




*cough* http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0052.html



:wink:



ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 554
Joined: Dec 01, 2006
Last Visit: Oct 20, 2020
Location: Jupiter, FL

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:52 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:*cough* http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0052.html
:wink:
ShaneG.


Thanks Shane,

I did not realize there was all of this information . . . 8O  . . . way cool :!: Now I see that there is access through the Subwebs link. Any idea when this might be complete with prices . . . was that a heavy sigh I heard :wink:
I can imagine how monumental this task is, but I really like many of the JG items that I purchased. Unfortunately, the game store that I went to (in my college days) carried very little selection. I have since learned that there is so much more that I did not get my greedy :twisted: little hands on. I hope to use this information to select those items that I would enjoy and not overpay for acquiring them.

Sincerest Thanks,


"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 25, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:16 pm 
 

PM-Knight wrote:
Thanks Shane,

I did not realize there was all of this information . . . 8O  . . . way cool :!: Now I see that there is access through the Subwebs link. Any idea when this might be complete with prices . . . was that a heavy sigh I heard :wink:
I can imagine how monumental this task is, but I really like many of the JG items that I purchased. Unfortunately, the game store that I went to (in my college days) carried very little selection. I have since learned that there is so much more that I did not get my greedy :twisted: little hands on. I hope to use this information to select those items that I would enjoy and not overpay for acquiring them.

Sincerest Thanks,


Welcome..

As for complete list with prices, well thats being worked on... along with other things..and of course if you come across anything that does not match the site be sure to PM, message, email, etc as every little bit helps. :)

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 554
Joined: Dec 01, 2006
Last Visit: Oct 20, 2020
Location: Jupiter, FL

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:28 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:Welcome..

As for complete list with prices, well thats being worked on... along with other things..and of course if you come across anything that does not match the site be sure to PM, message, email, etc as every little bit helps. :)

ShaneG.


Hey Shane,

I would like to recommend Al (Killjoy) as the pricing expert. I am sure that he has sold every JG item that was ever printed, many times over. He can probably recite values based on condition in his sleep :wink:

Just a thought,


"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

  
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 21, 2