Judges Guild Rares
Author

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:21 pm 

I was not surprised.  Once I saw that Lofenloc had made place holder bids, I expected heavy bids in the last few seconds.  I suspect he uses sniping software.  I once use it myself but gave up on it.  I prefer to watch the closing minutes and place my maximum bid.  I hate bidding wars that nickel and dime the price for days at a time.  Had I not won other auctions earlier in the day, I would have bid $200 for the Chronicle Cards.  I bid high for the Tac Cards, because my own set is 5 cards short and has some cards with damage.  I will likely sell that set now to get a few dollars back.  The rares are hard to come by.  They don't come up often.  You have to be willing to pull the trigger.  I have not seen Chronicle Cards come up in a couple of years.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:36 pm 

Congrats on the win. I thought the price for the Dungeon Tac cards was quite reasonable. I must admit to being surprised though at the price of the character chronicle cards - but if they are as rare as you say - then $183 is probably a good price.

I often wonder with some of the early JG items that had limited print runs just how many are left in existence, especially unused.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:35 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:Subweb Link JG36 went for US$183.38
-  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

yellow = early set. what lofenloc wants lofenloc gets. usually. did not know collected judges guild :) :)

herm: well both items are prb among the rarest JG items tbh.

chronicle cards come along v.rarely and are extremely hard to come by. i and a few others would no doubt stick a few $ in to get these. the TAC cards are always a draw. there were 3 sets too in 1 lot, which is rarer than the norm as you NEVER get that sold. thats a first as far as i am aware and i have been watching quite some time.

the prices dont surprise me at all, though the chronicle cards are prb slightly on the high side, due to lance wanting them, and i think imo, the TAC cards are a fair bit on the low side.

either way, good auctions and a nice sale in both instances by william.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:32 am 

- the TAC cards are always a draw. there were 3 sets too in 1 lot
- the prices dont surprise me at all, though the chronicle cards are prb slightly on the high side, due to lance wanting them, and i think imo, the TAC cards are a fair bit on the low side.
one set with writing not three = double current list for second print?

Previous