Judges Guild Rares
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:58 pm 

Well the Jim (James) Ward Dungeoneers are out there somewhere as I've found out he sold them at a GenCon Auction.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:45 pm 

8O  8O  8O  That would be a cool set! With subscription # 001  as well as being Ward's own copies! 8O  8O  8O

8)

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:09 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:8O  8O  8O  That would be a cool set! With subscription # 001  as well as being Ward's own copies! 8O  8O  8O

8)

Indeed. Tried to Google for any information but could not find any..oh well.

Waiting on scans still from Adrian, but Mr Jaquays has confirmed 3 and 4 do have 2nd printings (which he has). Course I rediscovered an auction with a 4th 2nd print, so only thing debatable is the 3rd print 1st which Mr Jaquays doesn't think is right.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:19 pm 

Interesting...anyway I've sent a message to Mr Jaquays to see what he has to say.

Oh and Adrian's are not mailed versions.

((Edit: Well Mr Jaquays says that is authentic - as its his handwriting - but he doesn't recall reprinting #1 twice. Anyhow it'll stay up as the 3rd print, and I'll just have to add the 1st prints pic))

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:30 pm 

I must say that I was impressed with the prices achieved for those two rare JG auctions run by Vermillionfire:

A complete set of Character Chronicle cards - Subweb Link JG36

went for US$183.38

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &rd=1&rd=1

And the first print set of Dungeon Tac Cards - Subweb Link JG2

went for US$90.00

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Were people surprised by the prices?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:46 pm 

Subweb Link JG36 went for US$183.38

- http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &rd=1&rd=1

yellow = early set. what lofenloc wants lofenloc gets. usually. did not know collected judges guild :) :)

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:21 pm 

I was not surprised.  Once I saw that Lofenloc had made place holder bids, I expected heavy bids in the last few seconds.  I suspect he uses sniping software.  I once use it myself but gave up on it.  I prefer to watch the closing minutes and place my maximum bid.  I hate bidding wars that nickel and dime the price for days at a time.  Had I not won other auctions earlier in the day, I would have bid $200 for the Chronicle Cards.  I bid high for the Tac Cards, because my own set is 5 cards short and has some cards with damage.  I will likely sell that set now to get a few dollars back.  The rares are hard to come by.  They don't come up often.  You have to be willing to pull the trigger.  I have not seen Chronicle Cards come up in a couple of years.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:36 pm 

Congrats on the win. I thought the price for the Dungeon Tac cards was quite reasonable. I must admit to being surprised though at the price of the character chronicle cards - but if they are as rare as you say - then $183 is probably a good price.

I often wonder with some of the early JG items that had limited print runs just how many are left in existence, especially unused.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:35 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:Subweb Link JG36 went for US$183.38
-  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

yellow = early set. what lofenloc wants lofenloc gets. usually. did not know collected judges guild :) :)

herm: well both items are prb among the rarest JG items tbh.

chronicle cards come along v.rarely and are extremely hard to come by. i and a few others would no doubt stick a few $ in to get these. the TAC cards are always a draw. there were 3 sets too in 1 lot, which is rarer than the norm as you NEVER get that sold. thats a first as far as i am aware and i have been watching quite some time.

the prices dont surprise me at all, though the chronicle cards are prb slightly on the high side, due to lance wanting them, and i think imo, the TAC cards are a fair bit on the low side.

either way, good auctions and a nice sale in both instances by william.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:32 am 

- the TAC cards are always a draw. there were 3 sets too in 1 lot
- the prices dont surprise me at all, though the chronicle cards are prb slightly on the high side, due to lance wanting them, and i think imo, the TAC cards are a fair bit on the low side.
one set with writing not three = double current list for second print?

Previous