Question about Modron
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:40 am 

Is the Modron module valuable?

The reason I ask is I decided to bid on a few extraneous JG items from gamedesigns4u, which we recently discussed and I saw he was selling two Modron maps. I thought great as I have a Modron that is missing the two maps. I bid $5 initially thinking that is more than enough, but was outbid. I crept up with the bids and my opponent has bid over $10.

Am I missing something here? Are these maps valuable?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &rd=1&rd=1

I have already bought one item and I need to get a few more to justify the shipping to Australia, but I don't want to pay a silly price for this.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:22 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Is the Modron module valuable?

The reason I ask is I decided to bid on a few extraneous JG items from gamedesigns4u, which we recently discussed and I saw he was selling two Modron maps. I thought great as I have a Modron that is missing the two maps. I bid $5 initially thinking that is more than enough, but was outbid. I crept up with the bids and my opponent has bid over $10.

Am I missing something here? Are these maps valuable?

** expired eBay auction **

I have already bought one item and I need to get a few more to justify the shipping to Australia, but I don't want to pay a silly price for this.

Actually this is only one map, but both sides shown. The auction also states this. The player map is not being sold, so if you need both player and judges map you may want to stop bidding.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:06 am 

I wasn't planning to bid any more. Correct me if I am wrong, but Modron + maps usually goes for just a few dollars for a complete unit. I guess it is the opportunity to get a signed map that has drawn the high bids.

(and yes I wasn't paying close attention - I thought it was the Player's and Judges map  :?  - if i'd got it, I would've said " What the...?" then gone and re-read the description, realised what I'd done and then said "d'oh")

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:05 am 

Al probably has a better handle on this, I believe the 1st print should go for $10-20 complete. I think I got Tim Kask's 1st print copy for $20 or so.

There is 2 'printings' though of Booklet M: http://www.acaeum.com/jg/ModPhotos/Modr ... ences.html

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:06 am 

i think the first print modron is a nice item, and can generally generate some decent $ at times, though it really does go up and down a LOT.

the rest of the prints are very hit and miss. they are not even remotely uncommon and crop up all the time.

Al

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:37 pm 

Thanks for that info. My copy is actually a 3rd print. Common as hen's teeth I suppose. It is an interesting module though. It is nice to get first prints of items. I have a couple of the original installements (T and W).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:18 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Thanks for that info. My copy is actually a 3rd print. Common as hen's teeth I suppose. It is an interesting module though. It is nice to get first prints of items. I have a couple of the original installements (T and W).

T is frontier forts of kelnore isnt it?

i have um lots of them :)

i like modron its a cool little module.

if you have instalment W, you should try and get the other part to go with it (V).

Al

ps. and yes, 3rd print is pretty common :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:41 am 

if anybody interested I did a map of Modron based off of the original. It can be downloaded here.
http://www.judgesguild.com/fans/city_of_modron.pdf

Enjoy
Rob Conley