Wanted.. Valuation on Inferno and other neat things
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:32 am 

I have now made a post in the Classified section of the main forum for about 5 of these JG items.

Check em out!

-Porkuslime

2+2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:41 am 

i noticed - good luck on them chummer...

should have no problem offloading all them items!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:06 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i noticed - good luck on them chummer...

should have no problem offloading all them items!

Al

Since the Inferno is the only printing, I am hoping to get your estimate of 50 bucks of so for it..

The Caverns of Thracia and Dark tower are later printings.. do you want to take a stab at estimating those (if you want to PM this, that is fine)?

I am concerned that not putting pricing on the Classified post may not be a wise move. Of course, I want to get a good price on these, but I don't really want to put a "hard" price becuase I have NO good idea on them..

I know the Tegel Manor SHOULD go for a nice price, but.. I have had one offer of $10, because I have no good clue..

-Porkuslime

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:56 am 

Inferno. i wouldnt necessarily say $50. though its potentially worth that much, $40-50 is certainly a general region.

caverns of thracia, youre prb looking at maybe $10-20

dark tower is very popular and for what its worth, i would just ebay that, instead of just getting private offers. most who use ebay prb don't visit here and so won't know youre selling it either. its a tough one to value. i have seen as low as $10 and as high as $40/50. there really is no average common ground for it. ebaying will prb get you the best deal on it though as with caverns.

tegel. what print is it? is it a 1st variant or a 2nd variant? if so, its well worth more than $10, providing the booklet and maps are in great condition with no writing (the popularity of it will wane the more writing on it there is). if you don't get an offer over say $20-30, i would just take a chance and ebay it.

hope that helps

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:06 pm 

I have to agree with Killjoy here.  I don't know how realistic it is to expect Ebay top end offers in a private sale here for these items.  None of them are particularly rare that everyone is going to jump all over them.  Most people here are looking for a reasonable price and are willing to wait because another one will come up (and another one after that).

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:26 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:dark tower is very popular and for what its worth, i would just ebay that, instead of just getting private offers. most who use ebay prb don't visit here and so won't know youre selling it either. its a tough one to value. i have seen as low as $10 and as high as $40/50. there really is no average common ground for it. ebaying will prb get you the best deal on it though as with caverns.

tegel. what print is it? is it a 1st variant or a 2nd variant? if so, its well worth more than $10, providing the booklet and maps are in great condition with no writing (the popularity of it will wane the more writing on it there is). if you don't get an offer over say $20-30, i would just take a chance and ebay it.

Looks like the Tegel Manor is the 4th release of the 1st printing. I am thinking this is worth 30 to 40, maybe.. the 10 offer was from someone on this forum who I DON'T recognize as a name I see on posting frequently.. so I suspect that was a troll lookin to get something fer nuttin..

I am offering these to you members here on the Acaeum first, prior to ebaying, simply because I enjoy reading this site, and have developed respect for the membership here.. certain folks in specific, and wanted to give you all corporately first crack at them.

-P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:39 pm 

as mars says, most of what you have are not rare and will crop up on ebay not necessarily regularly, but they will, so folk here may not want to offer you top banana for them.

if your tegel is in nice condition, i would just ebay it anyway, regardless of what folk on here offer, unless you get an offer for what you have in mind of course.

as has been seen many many times before, you dont always get what you think something is worth, but then again, sometimes you get more - all depends on who is doing the rounds at the time.

good luck either way :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:34 pm 

The Dark Tower a 4th? (just double check the product page for me - title and highest number) May seem a thought of mine isn't valid if this is a 4th.

Tegel Manor, is one map lighter in color then the other?
Having a rip on the cover will effect price somewhat. Also without a cover sheet and being the 2nd print orange booklet it'd be a little less.

Having the 3 earliest Journals should get you some good offers...if not you need to consider Ebay as I know a few who don't visit these boards but have been buying these.

Inferno - can you check the product list (just want to be certain you have what the site lists and not another printing)

Prices (just my rough take at your own risk estimates):
Dark Tower can go $20-50 (later printing maybe average that)
Caverns of Tharcia $10-20 (Is later printing which is seen more then the 1st)
Tegel Manor $40 (if it had cover sheet and darker booklet it could go $60-80)
Journals are $10+ each (market varies depending on method of sale)
Inferno $20-60
Wraith Overlord maybe $10-20

That's all I seen from your photo gallery..

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Previous