Wanted.. Valuation on Inferno and other neat things
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:35 pm 

Hey all.. I have 2 copies of the JG Inferno module.. One pretty nice, the other has the cover off the stapes, and some torn pages. Is this a "nice and desired" item? I fail to see any on Ebay at the moment, and don't really know what other sites to look at to see if they have competetive pricing going on..

I did check at NobleKnight, but they do not have this in stock.

Can anyone give me an off-the-cuff estimate?

-Porkuslime

2+2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:45 pm 

porkuslime wrote:Hey all.. I have 2 copies of the JG Inferno module.. One pretty nice, the other has the cover off the stapes, and some torn pages. Is this a "nice and desired" item? I fail to see any on Ebay at the moment, and don't really know what other sites to look at to see if they have competetive pricing going on..

I did check at NobleKnight, but they do not have this in stock.

Can anyone give me an off-the-cuff estimate?

-Porkuslime

Obviously depending on condition, but a Fine to VF copy should net you about ~$50 to $60 on Ebay.  Of the last few that I have seen, none have sold for below the $50.00 mark.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Obviously depending on condition, but a Fine to VF copy should net you about ~$50 to $60 on Ebay.  Of the last few that I have seen, none have sold for below the $50.00 mark.

WOW! that much? I was thinking about half that... that is .. good news (grin) for the chances of me wanting to sell.. yeppers..

-Porkuslime

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm 

it all depends on who is around at the time pork.

inferno can be a pretty nice premier JG item, tho it does dip at times. i have seen it sell for less than $50 but it IS a desirable JG item. if its in very nice condition, there are quite a few ppl about who would have it.

also might be worth advertising it on here and dragonsfoot too, cos you will prb get some interest just from there.

however the one that is a little dog-eared, i would think maybe a third of that, maybe less - THAT all depends on how desperate someone wants one, or it will just be someone who wants a nice cheap play copy.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:37 pm 

They said it best.

I sold one for over $50 a few months ago.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:48 pm 

Plaag wrote:They said it best.

I sold one for over $50 a few months ago.

ShaneG.

and i sold 3 off my site for £23 VERY FAST so they are worth at least that quite easily.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:42 pm 

remember it's not just a fairly rre item it's a really decent advenure as well!!

Give it a decent write up and drop a note in Classifieds here and dragonsfoot. It's a great module. I'd reckon  £20-30 so that's about $40-60.

Good luck.

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:18 pm 

OK.. so I have a friend taking pics of the Inferno module, and while I was cleaning downstairs I ran across these other JG items..

Tegel Manor - Orange booklet (about 1/2 normal page size) plus GM and Players maps.. the players maps are blank, and don't look like they ever were drawn on..

Citadel of Fire - competition module, I think.. with the black and blue dragon/tower cover..

Judges Guild Journal - Initial issue, just a folded sheet of paper .. looks old, not a photocopy for sure..

TSR Castle Greyhawk - travesty of a module, all jokes.. maybe it was playable, but not by me.. I have no idea why I kept this..

whole bunch of JG players and GM map packs.. Wilderlands of High Fantasy, Fantastic Wilderlands, etc.. are these worth anything?

-Porkuslime

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:25 am 

Yes, Porkuslime.  They are worth something.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:06 am 

porkuslime wrote:OK.. so I have a friend taking pics of the Inferno module, and while I was cleaning downstairs I ran across these other JG items..

Tegel Manor - Orange booklet (about 1/2 normal page size) plus GM and Players maps.. the players maps are blank, and don't look like they ever were drawn on..

Citadel of Fire - competition module, I think.. with the black and blue dragon/tower cover..

Judges Guild Journal - Initial issue, just a folded sheet of paper .. looks old, not a photocopy for sure..

TSR Castle Greyhawk - travesty of a module, all jokes.. maybe it was playable, but not by me.. I have no idea why I kept this..

whole bunch of JG players and GM map packs.. Wilderlands of High Fantasy, Fantastic Wilderlands, etc.. are these worth anything?

-Porkuslime

pork,

get some pics man, so peeps can see what you have. separate each item so its in its individual form.

go on shane's subweb and try and see if you can figure out what prints each JG item is, because this will be quite important when you come to offload it.

tegel is nice and you wont be short of offers on that. i have often seen them sell for $40-80 - depending on condition of course

wilderlands of high fantasy - again a nice item. first prints can sell from $15 to $50, dependant on condition.

citadel of fire sounds like it might be the 1st print. not sure if that has particular value though. its not a premier JG item though most collectors do like to have a 1st print if they can get it, so you never really know with this one. i got mine for about $5  :?

fantastic wilderlands....beyonde? again that one varies quite a lot. but around $20-30 is not beyond (no pun intended) reason and once or twice i have seen it above that, though normally it is within that or less.

the JG journal is a nice item though and i think most here would be interested in it too. though again, its not a valued item as such. Titan Games had one listed for $19.99 for a long time without any buyers but that was because they are muppets and most won't deal with em. i dont think thats an unreasonable price, but i have seen it cheaper than that quite a few times and it has shifted very quickly.

anyway hope that helps. as always, good pictures won't do you any harm and peeps here like as much info as possible.

Al

ps. just bear in mind though. if you have 1st prints and are going to sell them, they are damn hard to get hold of again, so make sure you are sure you know what youre doing :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:10 am 

Just to add to what has already been said - make sure with each printing that you have the correct pieces that go with it, ie maps, cover sheets, etc.

If you have a question about something on the site or something doesn't seem to match up (i.e. the product lists) please ask. I'm always in the look out for any new printings (and in fixing any screw up I did to the site)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:09 am 

Plaag wrote:(and in fixing any screw up I did to the site)

ShaneG.

like Tegel Manor  :P

:lol:  :lol:

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:52 am 

The first print of Citadel of Fire does not seem to be a sought-after item.  I paid something like $0.99 or $2.99 for my copy and I was the only bidder.

I think later editions actually go for more.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:04 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:The first print of Citadel of Fire does not seem to be a sought-after item.  I paid something like $0.99 or $2.99 for my copy and I was the only bidder.

I think later editions actually go for more.

yeah my thinking totally. for items such as that one, i think the print is irrelevant, as its not that highly sought after anyway.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:44 pm 

I was finally able to come up with a copy myself after like 6 unsuccesful tries in the last 6 months:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I actually got it for less than I was expecting. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:07 pm 

I've not had the chance to run it. It's a shame the second part was not published at the time. Any more news on the republishing of the whole thing?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:36 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
like Tegel Manor  :P

:lol:  :lol:

Al

:lol: No! thats fine. You just need to accept it, thats all! :P

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:40 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I've not had the chance to run it. It's a shame the second part was not published at the time. Any more news on the republishing of the whole thing?

Nothing new..It is done, Paul (Geoffrey Dale) just has to convert it to 3rd ed and find a publisher I believe.

Hopefully it can be released in 2007 when everything else Judges Guild seems to be starting to emerge then.

ShaneG.

Next