Goodman Games and d20 Judges Guild
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:02 pm 

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php ... ad&order=0

Judges Guild GG1: Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor
Do your heroes dare to enter Fortress Badabaskor? Deadly brigands, vicious cultists, and the dusty treasures of the Dragon Kings await those with muscle, wit, and luck! A d20 Dungeon Crawl for character levels 10-12.
To Retail for: $15.99
UPC 0-97866370-6-2
GMG4600

Sort of expecting Goodman Games to publish d20 Judges Guild, seems now it is somewhat official.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:57 pm 

still not convinced it will be a good thing, but hey i hope thye sell well.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:57 am 

Possible final cover, though I'd expect something inside the hex..who knows

http://i13.tinypic.com/2ebu7gl.jpg

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:03 pm 

TFB at 10-12th level? That just does not sit right with me.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:49 am 

bbarsh wrote:TFB at 10-12th level? That just does not sit right with me.

Well if you read the original Badabaskor has a split personality. The Village, 1st and 2nd level are all pretty low level. Then you have the 3rd level with all those dragons which are even more heinous in 3.5 Edition. Finally the 4th and 5th level are much tougher than the upper 2 levels.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:23 pm 

robertsconley wrote:
Well if you read the original Badabaskor has a split personality. The Village, 1st and 2nd level are all pretty low level. Then you have the 3rd level with all those dragons which are even more heinous in 3.5 Edition. Finally the 4th and 5th level are much tougher than the upper 2 levels.

3.5 *shudders* - cant help but feel you might have pursued more formats than just 3.5.

JG is part of my fave products but 3.5 just plain turns me off. i am not all here of course...just one fish in the pond and i wish the new TFB every success, though when we played it, we were a lot less than 10-12th and got through it through good role-playing. heinous? might potentially spoil it really.... i never looked at the original that way - everything felt to me like it had its place then.

:)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:50 am 

There were several factions and they had motives. This provided for a lot of role-playing opportunities in my experience in running Badabaskor at various time since the late 70's.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:30 pm 

TFB is one of my fav modules of all time.. as far as the levels it really put the holy terror into adventuring parties because the deeper they went they never knew just how deadly it could get especially for a low level party and it can get very deadly real quick. As far as 3rd edition revision... Why?  3rd is shit. I think 3rd ED is just an excuse to fill pages with useless filler. In Old school days the monster statistics only took up a few lines. . with 3rd ED now a single monster statistic can take up half a page with stats and skills. Does a Black pudding really need to be half Troll/Barbarian/Wizard with Kung Fu Action Grip and a proficiency in swimming and Acrobatics? Although I would have more faith in Goodman Games as most of the items I have of theirs are really well done.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:36 am 

Well everyone probably knows I'll be picking this up and anything else Judges Guild.  As for 3rd Edition and conversion from Judges Guild modules, you really shouldn't see the half this, this and this. Necromancer games did conversion of Judges Guild into 3rd Edition but keeping with the feel of 1st Edition and Judges Guild, so hopefully Goodman Games who seem to embrace a module format like 1st Edition keep the Judges Guild material in a similar style and feel.
Now as for the stat blocks, this is true even in the DCCs that Goodman puts out, they like to include the stat blocks everytime. No surprise the 1st Edition module of 12.5 they would need to add more text in, but that is my only gripe with the way they handle their DCC modules.

As for the module itself, I never played it as written, but I used the maps and some text before as a 3rd Edition adventure, so who knows how the change of levels makes this but I'll see when it does come out.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:22 am 

robertsconley wrote:

Oh yeah, I clearly remember. This was one of the adventures where I was the player and not the DM. I think we went in with 2nd level characters (post B1 if I remember correctly).

I don't remember too much specifically, but we fled in terror less than half way through...great times...great times :lol:

But this was something to be expected out of JG. They produced lots of stuff that had questionable balance.

Still, I will steal a line from another Acaeum member. "Get your D20 out of my [insert module]"

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:09 am 

Press Release

http://www.goodman-games.com/pr11-08-06.php

Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor, Citadel of Fire, and Dark Tower in 2007. Am curious about the rights for Dark Tower and what difference there will be compared to this one: http://www.acaeum.com/jg/OC-RPGRealmDarkTower.html

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:40 pm 

Well have found out from Kara Geilman about the Dark Tower module vs. the other 3E version of this:

The Dark Tower that you posted here, as everyone knows, was a farse, we let another company do it for us before Clark took over. The company was run by Hunter Gordon. They tried to do it before the complete system resource document came out, and it definately shows, its very incomplete. So the difference is:

1) it will be completely revised to 3.5 stats (not a mix of 3.0 and 1E)

2) it will have new monsters, rooms and treasure and a slightly expanded plot. New maps, monsters and magic items.

3) it will include original contents from Paul Jaquays and Bob Bledsaw, never before seen by the public.

The 3rd thing seems pretty cool, and nice to see Jaquays doing stuff for Judges Guild if this is recent stuff and not anything that was cut from the original and being added back in (course that would still be something great)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:04 am 

http://www.goodman-games.com/4600preview.php

Cover has been posted for Badabaskor.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:18 am 

Plaag wrote:Well have found out from Kara Geilman about the Dark Tower module vs. the other 3E version of this:

The 3rd thing seems pretty cool, and nice to see Jaquays doing stuff for Judges Guild if this is recent stuff and not anything that was cut from the original and being added back in (course that would still be something great)

ShaneG.

A 3.5 Dark Tower with Jaquays' participation will be a must have item.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:52 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
A 3.5 Dark Tower with Jaquays' participation will be a must have item.

Mark   8)

Turns out the material from Paul Jaquays that was left out of the orginal that will be include, was published in Dungeoneer 12. So he'll have no involvement with this. :(

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:38 am 

I wonder, however, if they will at least put his name on the cover and title page....?

Also, will they possibly send him an author's copy and a thankyou?

They last guys did neither of the above.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:52 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I wonder, however, if they will at least put his name on the cover and title page....?

Also, will they possibly send him an author's copy and a thankyou?

They last guys did neither of the above.

Mark   8)

Yeah who knows.
New art by him would be cool to see, but thats dreaming for you.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:36 pm 

New art by him would be cool to see, but thats dreaming for you.

Somewhere I saw a post about this and while it would be nice, I believe he is rather busy with his day job.  Of course you could ask him ...

http://www.jaquays.com/

As for Dark Tower, if the cover art for it falls in line for that of Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor and Citadel of Fire, then his name should appear on the cover as well as appearing on the title page inside.  Not sure about author's copy as I am not privy to that info ... tho' I suspect one should be in order.

YIM  
Next