Adventure Games Publishing - Judges Guild
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:26 pm 

http://www.adventuregamespubs.com/

James Mishler's site is up, just not completely done.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:11 am 

Yup, I figured it was better to get something up than have nothing... and it's all still valid info, just no links yet on the buttons...

Soon... soon...

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:02 pm 

How far along are you at AGP, James?  Ready for outside submissions,   
coworkers and all that?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:28 pm 

Mark,

Not ready for any such as yet, I'm afraid. Still crossing my I's and dotting my T's, so to speak...  :D

The website is coming along slowly, unfortunately.

I am in the process of securing cartography and cover illustrations; next up is going through the pile of business cards I picked up at Gen Con and contacting artists for interior art.

Gotta make sure my graphic designer has everything he needs to go from text and images to finished, ready-to-print files...

Still waiting on pricing quotes and turnaround times from printers.

Oh, and somewhere in there, I actually have to *write stuff*...  :wink:

Once I get the style established, and a full bible worked out for freelancers, I'll be sending out a call for writers... One of the sad truths about running a game company is that, if you are a writer, you have little time to actually write once things get going...  :cry:

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:51 am 

I thought that this announcement...from the Troll Lord Games site....would be a good way to start off my third thousand posts:

08/27/06: Troll Lord Games, publisher of the Castles & Crusades role-playing game, is pleased to announce that Adventure Games Publishing has licensed Castles & Crusades for use with the Wilderlands of High Adventure fantasy campaign setting, developed under license from Judges Guild.

"The Wilderlands of High Adventure is an excellent match for Castles & Crusades," said Stephen Chenault, President of Troll Lord Games. "The original Wilderlands of High Fantasy was the ground-breaking campaign setting back in the early days of role-playing games, and a newly revised and updated version fits perfectly with the modern classic role-playing game system of Castles & Crusades."

Wilderlands of High Fantasy was the first fantasy campaign setting, published in 1977 by Judges Guild as the world built around the classic City State of the Invincible Overlordâ„¢. Adventure Games Publishing's Wilderlands of High Adventure updates and expands the campaign setting, adding a modern, epic high fantasy veneer to the classic swords and sorcery core of the setting, and providing Judges with all the tools, information, and campaign elements needed to pick up a product and run a fun, engrossing, and complete game session or even campaign with as little or as much additional preparation as desired.

"I am very impressed by the Castles & Crusades system," Bob Bledsaw, President and founder of Judges Guild. "It provides players and Judges a simple if elegant system with which to let their imaginations wander freely, unhindered by complex rules, and thus allows role-playing to once again take precedence over roll-playing. This fits in perfectly with the way I originally intended the Wilderlands to be run, and allows players and Judges to truly make the Wilderlands their own."

The first Wilderlands of High Adventure products are scheduled for release in early 2007.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:55 am 

Nice 2000th post :D

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:05 am 

The Adventure Games Publishing site has more pages of info now.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:41 pm 

We should also shortly have our forums up, too... fingers crossed! :)

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:16 pm 

Hi James,

Does the publishing of the Wilderlands by AGP mean that Necromancer Games will stop production of JG items?

Thanks,

Lance

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:43 pm 

Hi Lance,

Necreomancer Games will publish a massive revised version of Tegel Manor in 2007; that will, unfortunately, be the last Judges Guild product they publish. The relationship between Necromancer and JG is great, there has not been any sort of falling out or such. Unfortunately, the market is not right for a company the size and nature of Necromancer to continue publishing licensed, niche-market products like Wilderlands. Hopefully, I will be able to make it work with AGP... we shall see!

James

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:16 am 

James posted this over at the Necromancer Games Forum - just thought I'd share it here:

One of the things that Bob and I are working on is a complete map of the continent upon which are found the Wilderlands. The entire continent consists of 15 maps the size of the Wilderlands... that's 270 maps the size of a single campaign map!

To the north of the Wilderlands is the Great Glacier, and further lands of the Avalonians.

To the east is Karak... Karak actually extends to two maps the size of the entire Wilderlands! Yes, 36 campaign maps worth of Karak. Of course, not all of it is actually the Kingdom of Karak, but much of it is. It truly is a vast state.

To the west are the Giant Lands, extending, like Karak to the east, two maps to the west. Much of the map immediately to the west of the Wilderlands is a continuation of the Endless Desert, while the great Giant Kingdoms are further to the west.

To the south and southwest are the great Demon Empires, which altogether take up three of the large maps.

Northwest, northeast, and southeast are lands even more mysterious, and virtually unknown to the peoples of the Wilderlands.

The plan will be to release each section the size of the Wilderlands as its own product. Not sure yet about the level of detail; I'm favoring each product be two maps at 15-mile hexes (i.e., each map nine standard campaign maps), with as much detail as we can squeeze in, perhaps a 128-page book. Making and printing 18 maps for each is just not in the realm of possibility, financially.

When? Probably the first one in 2008, maybe sooner if we're lucky. Possibly Karak, with four maps (two back-to-back) and a 256-page book. Got a lot of other stuff to get out the doors, first...

Good to see a lot is planned, hope to see all of it and more :D

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:30 am 

*bump*

Is there any new information about Adventure Games Publishing?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:49 pm 

Well, at this point the release schedule is going to slow down a bit. My day job just got a lot busier; this after I had successfully whittled it down to only 50 hours a week or so, in order to be able to work on AGP products.

So, product releases are going to be fewer and far between. I'm hoping for one or two per quarter at this point, rather than that number per month.

The good news out of this for fans of WoHF is that the products that will be released first will all be for WoHF, as I don't want to start up WoHA until I can be sure it will be supported with monthly releases.

The first product out will be Ravaged Ruins of the Roglaras.

The good news out of all this is the reason behind my getting more work at work; we acquired GamingReport.com, and I am now the editor of that website, in addition to my other duties on Comics & Games Retailer, Scrye, and Comics Buyer's Guide. It's a great site, and I have a lot of cool plans for adding a lot of utility to the site, with collectors of games of all kinds in mind on several of the new aspects of the site (all games, not just CCGs and the like).

Anyhoo, I'm still hoping to get Ravaged Ruins out first quarter. Once the cover is ready (and it's a sweet looking cover), I'll solicit for it in distributor catalogs, and away we go...

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:36 am 

jamesmishler wrote:The first product out will be Ravaged Ruins of the Roglaras.

Will this take place near the Terrible Trouble at Tragidore?  ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:29 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:Will this take place near the Terrible Trouble at Tragidore?  ;)

Heh. While I am a fan of alliteration, back from the days of childhood reading Stan "The Man" Lee's Spider-Man, this title just happened to be a happy coincidence. "Ravaged Ruins" is the name of the table of information for Campaign Map 1 (new #5) that was left out of the original Wilderlands of High Fantasy, and "The Roglaras" is the name that the region depicted in Campaign Map 1 was given in the Necromancer version of the Wilderlands. It was, in fact, my name for the region from my campaign that was adopted. There was no good name for the overall region, so I called it "The Roglaras," derived from "Roglaroon."

Therefore, rather than "Ravaged Ruins of Campaign Map 5: City State of the Invincible Overlord," it is titled Ravaged Ruins of the Roglaras.

:)

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:42 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:
Heh. While I am a fan of alliteration, back from the days of childhood reading Stan "The Man" Lee's Spider-Man, this title just happened to be a happy coincidence. "Ravaged Ruins" is the name of the table of information for Campaign Map 1 (new #5) that was left out of the original Wilderlands of High Fantasy, and "The Roglaras" is the name that the region depicted in Campaign Map 1 was given in the Necromancer version of the Wilderlands. It was, in fact, my name for the region from my campaign that was adopted. There was no good name for the overall region, so I called it "The Roglaras," derived from "Roglaroon."

Therefore, rather than "Ravaged Ruins of Campaign Map 5: City State of the Invincible Overlord," it is titled Ravaged Ruins of the Roglaras.

:)

Interesting.  I just knew that Roglaras was the area in Map 1.  I didn't know it wasn't always called that.

I have never used the Wilderlands as an actual setting.  Maybe I should.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:35 pm 

Bump

Still looking for news and progress on this company project!     :D   :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:53 pm 

Progress: Slow and unsteady. Manuscript is still in development...

News: None to report, really, though I hope to have a cover preview in a few weeks.

Everything went higgledy-piggledy for me when our company acquired Gaming Report, and dropped that all in my lap on top of everything else I was already doing (Comics & Games Retailer, plus my work on Scrye and Comics Buyer's Guide).

So things are slooooow on the AGP front...

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games