Pegasus #2/#14
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:36 pm 

Plaag wrote:$30 for Pegasus 14, guess we have an idea on it now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8808153682

ShaneG.

I am actually thinking it is worth more than that. I would say up to $45 would be safe. I would have bid but the shipping costs made it hard to justify. I was away and would have easily bid the $30 but I was thinking it would go for more and did not bother to place a snipe.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:55 am 

ShaneG.

i still dont think its a stable value tho. you might get that and a little more for the next few that ever crop up, but then once the real collectors have em, i think they will be just the same as the other pegasus issues.

just my .02c of course.... but hey :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:56 am 

Marlith wrote:

ShaneG.

I am actually thinking it is worth more than that. I would say up to $45 would be safe. I would have bid but the shipping costs made it hard to justify. I was away and would have easily bid the $30 but I was thinking it would go for more and did not bother to place a snipe.

Marl

Ian has his reasons tho. hes a great guy to deal with and its hard when you get stiffed a few times, so hes just protecting himself from it happening again - i for one, cant blame him one bit.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:06 am 

Hi Marlith,

The stuff I sell is unpredictable, and some of it goes for high prices. Most of it is rare or uncommon. I pack well, and I ship recorded delivery with insurance, even if it costs me money to do so.

I declare the full value of the products for customes, but I always list them as 'used books' and in most countries that avoids import duty.

I'm sorry if you fing shipping high from the UK to the US, but believe me, it's exactly the same the other way too.

Faithfully,
Ian

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:33 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Hi Marlith,

The stuff I sell is unpredictable, and some of it goes for high prices. Most of it is rare or uncommon. I pack well, and I ship recorded delivery with insurance, even if it costs me money to do so.

I declare the full value of the products for customes, but I always list them as 'used books' and in most countries that avoids import duty.

I'm sorry if you fing shipping high from the UK to the US, but believe me, it's exactly the same the other way too.

Faithfully,
Ian

No you misunderstood. I don't find your shipping too high. It is overseas shipping in general that makes things too costly for me to consider buying from outside the US. Canadian shipping is getting just as bad.

That being said I thought the item would have gone for more than it did. I fully expected it to top the $50 mark. At the price it went for the exta money it would have cost for the shipping would have been fine.

The purpose of my message was to state that I thought the item went for less than its real value. I attributed part of that to the cost of overseas shipping in general and that some US buyers may have not participated for that reason. If that had been from a US seller where it might only cost me $5 in shipping I would have had a $45 snipe in place and lost it.

Again it was not a commentary on your shipping charges. They are by no means out of line from what others charge for overseas shipping.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:20 am 

You should see what Canadian Airmail shipping costs to the UK.  8O  :lol:
I now only buy from Canada if it's something I really must have.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:20 am 

I agree with Marlith...I did not want to get involved in bidding because I figured the price would get to high...and it did, for me.  I think that the next one will go for even more.

I sympathize with the UK buyers, who get reamed with every American purchase.  

Shipping cost is a major factor in bidding on UK auctions.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:56 am 

Now as far as Pegasus #2 is concerned I am not sure what happened here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:26 pm 

Marlith wrote:Now as far as Pegasus #2 is concerned I am not sure what happened here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

US only auction. if that was a worldwide jobby, i would have whacked in a bid for that. ne'mind - good lil bargain there.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:05 pm 

Yeah odd on the Pegasus 2.
The USPS makes it so easy to ship anywhere, why people don't bother to open up auctions worldwide is insane.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:27 pm 

Well I may have the numbers for Pegasus #14 and the 1999 Revised CSIO..they come from a couple spread sheets that were used to then make the Booty Lists at the back of both products.

Pegasus #14: 930 copies
1999 RCSIO: 452 copies

The sheets also have some interesting notes about what maybe was to be converted into d20 (though I've not had any luck/response with RPGRealms/QuickLink's Hunter Gordan)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:46 pm 

Wait....there were only 420 copies of the Necromancer hardback City State of the Invincible Overlord?!?!    : 8O  8O

Are you referring to the Necromancer hardback?

OR, was that a different revision?

Mark   :?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:57 pm 

http://www.acaeum.com/jg/ModPhotos/CSIORevised6th.html

Necromancer did their CSIO in 2004

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:07 am 

What was the "revision" about?

Mark   8)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:27 am 

The revised CSIO took everything from this: http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0012.html and combined it into one large book with maps. Then in 1999 Judges Guild rereleased the Revised CSIO when they seemed like they were coming back (also released Pegasus 14 and were selling items through their website)
Then 2004 Necromancer Games took the CSIO and Wraith of the Overlord books and combined them, gave further descriptions and put it to the d20 ruleset.

The Revised CSIO is easy to obtain and all the I and J maps are a part of the book along with the Thunderhold maps.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:17 am 

So the revised CSIO Brown/Red Cover, and the revised CSIO 1999 white cover are identical except for the cover change? I've never seen the 1999 version except on eBay.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:29 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So the revised CSIO Brown/Red Cover, and the revised CSIO 1999 white cover are identical except for the cover change? I've never seen the 1999 version except on eBay.

They seem to be, though I've not done an extensive comparison of all the various Revised CSIO.

Side Note: It was one of the first things I bought back then from the Judges Guild site. Of course I wasn't as into Judges Guild as I am now so I don't know if they were selling the Pegasus #14.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:23 am 

My Red/Brown CSIO has really naff coloured dungeon maps on pages 88 and 89, and a colored in castle map on the back cover. Does the 1999 reprint also have the crap coloring in it?

Aside... You'll have to let us know what that Swampcon stuff is all about. Nice hawl BTW.

PreviousNext