Dark Tower
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:55 pm 

I thought about bidding when it was cheap.  No way I pay what would match my highest Ebay bid ever for some old character sheets, a Greyhawk map and a few traced sketches.  Still...it was interesting.

Some day...maybe 30 to 50 years hence...anything home-brewed will be the real collector's items.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:21 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Here is the listing, Marlith.

Mark   8)

Thanks. The maps look nice and I would have gone $20 maybe to get a look at those. I have all those old character sheets (Armory) and writeups from a couple of junk lots I bought earlier this year. Maybe I ought to throw them all together and make a quick $50

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:28 pm 

Good idea, Marlith.   8O

From the listing:

So you must ask yourself, Bold Adventurer:  Do you dare uncover the secrets of Zoroaster the Magic-User?  Could you be in the last will and testament of Zephyr the Cleric/Thief?  Can you begin to understand the paradoxes of Otis the Christian Druid whose patron deity is Hermes?    If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you must bid now!

Be sure you post it with a story.  The story of the former gamer who is now a youth pastor...nervous about having his secret come out at church...was a good selling point.  So was the "I found a box of this stuff" part of the story.

You might describe finding your lot of homebrew materials in a back closet at an estate sale or in a single crate at a yard sale.  Then, you tracked down one of the former gamers and he told you about the old days and his gaming buddies.  Or, how about finding it all in a shack in some back lot?

You needn't mention that it was your closet, your estate and a very limited duration "sale."  You also need not let them know that you were the old gamer you tracked down and interviewed...or that the "shack" is what you call your "garage."

Toss in a couple of Monster Manual tracings on oldish paper and you've got yerself a winner!  You might even make an inside joke by making one of your tracings a Marlith!

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:22 pm 

Got a question for Dark Tower 4th print: http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0088.html

Is the black speck missing on the pillar (near the flame) on all 4ths?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Previous