Anomalies or Printing Errors in JG products
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:59 pm 

I got to thinking since others had the odd cut Book of Treasure Maps I 1st print and Booklet M exists with the broken text line, how many exist out there for such things? Also what other anomalies in Judges Guild products do people have? Of those, how many exist? (I suspect both products listed above have pretty good numbers with errors) And lastly how should the site specify such anomalies?

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:16 pm 

I have a 3rd print OPERATION OGRE #109 but the product list is titled TREASURE VAULT not MORE FINE PRODUCTS, highest number 460 with Pegasus premier. Inside cover says 3rd Reprint 1981

FROM THE JG SUBWEB:

Printing Information

1st Printing (1979):  Product number is integrated in background of cover.  Product list is titled "Other Fine Products" with the highest number being 108.

2nd Printing (1980):  Product number in yellow square.  Ogres pants are white and black.  Thanks to Mark Boone for the scan.  Product list is titled "Treasure Vault" with the highest number being 190.

3rd Printing (1981):  Ogres pants are blue and black.  Product list is titled "More Fine Products" with the highest number being 460 (w premier Pegasus).

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:41 pm 

Thanks for checking that..seems that is a mistake on my part (my 3rd also has the Treasure Vault)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:52 pm 

Myth Busted I suppose :)
I help where I can

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:58 am 

Plaag wrote:I got to thinking since others had the odd cut Book of Treasure Maps I 1st print and Booklet M exists with the broken text line, how many exist out there for such things?

Good to know.  I have the odd cut Book of Treasure Maps as well.  I thought it was a reject and was looking to replace it.