Tegel Manor
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:05 pm 

stumbling tiger wrote:Al, Shane -- don't worry that I'll slack off!  My hand won't leave my sword-hilt till I've got a JG Tegel to call my own. :wink:

i really should sell some of these. i just dont have the time to sort it these days...too busy man!

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:20 am 

Another difference between JG and Gamescience versions is that references to the batrachian deity Tsathoggus have been changed into the generic goddess Nivatopredi. I don't quite understand why Niels Erickson did this, but I don't like it. Otherwise, it is a pretty fine product, and the style of writing is impeccable.

Plus they added a few charts - e.g. on pit traps and an alternative to the deck of many things.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:29 am 

Melan wrote:Another difference between JG and Gamescience versions is that references to the batrachian deity Tsathoggus have been changed into the generic goddess Nivatopredi. I don't quite understand why Niels Erickson did this, but I don't like it. Otherwise, it is a pretty fine product, and the style of writing is impeccable.

Perhaps legal worries of some sort?  (Just a guess here, based on the name's and description's similarity to Tsathoggua.)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:37 am 

Looks the Judges Guild and Gamescience versions of Tegel Manor may very well wind up being the only versions of the module to be published.  Necromancer is stalling using the possibility of 4E not to release their version just yet ... check the first post in the thread by Tsathogga.

http://p208.ezboard.com/fnecromancergamesfrm9.showMessage?topicID=560.topic

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:10 am 

If 4e is announced this year (and if OGL) at GenCon, then I think this will be delayed till around GenCon next year..if not then I hope it can still be released sometime this year.
It will be released though, just delayed pending news of 4e.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:00 am 

and its also like blasphemy to me old tegel manor :(

pure sacrilege i tell you ! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:45 am 

WereSteve wrote:Looks the Judges Guild and Gamescience versions of Tegel Manor may very well wind up being the only versions of the module to be published.  Necromancer is stalling using the possibility of 4E not to release their version just yet ... check the first post in the thread by Tsathogga.

http://p208.ezboard.com/fnecromancergamesfrm9.showMessage?topicID=560.topic

What's that bit on the last line of the bottom message about?

Now if they say that City of Brass won't be at Gencon... that's another issue.

Are they releasing a D20 version of City of Brass at Gencon?

EDIT: Okay, I see what they are referring to - not an RJK product.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:59 am 

Is the original version (not the one that says Original on the cover) rare or something? I've been looking or this damned thing (granted, not everyday, or every week) for about 3 years and I never see it come up... oh well. I'll keep the hunt alive. I thought I was not destined to get a Dark Tower either.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:30 am 

WOTC looks to be moving to 4th edition.  They have closed down Dragon and Dungeon, so they are essentially jettisoning their old guard of customers.

The arrival of Gleemax tends to indicate that WOTC has evaluated the benefits of keeping their established fan base and has decided that they are throwing good money after bad.

Something like 4th edition D&D would seem to be entirely in character.

I believe it will be entirely miniatures-oriented...since that seems to be where the money and the younger fan base are concentrated.

People at WOTC are probably figuring that since a new edition of the game is inevitable at some point, they might as well make a clean break.  From a business standpoint, it isn't bad logic.

Ironically, if things in the teaching world keep going like they are, I will be driving over to Renton and putting in an application.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:50 am 

serleran wrote:Is the original version (not the one that says Original on the cover) rare or something? I've been looking or this damned thing (granted, not everyday, or every week) for about 3 years and I never see it come up... oh well. I'll keep the hunt alive. I thought I was not destined to get a Dark Tower either.

Serleran

i have a few of these lying around. i am, rather unsuccessfully just now, trying to sort stuff out, so i can sell a load of stuff, but finding the time just now is like holding back the sea with a bucket.

:)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:32 pm 

serleran wrote:Is the original version (not the one that says Original on the cover) rare or something? I've been looking or this damned thing (granted, not everyday, or every week) for about 3 years and I never see it come up... oh well. I'll keep the hunt alive. I thought I was not destined to get a Dark Tower either.

Somewhat yes, also somewhat very cool item to have. Since the Gamescience version, while having more fluff, couldn't use many TSR related monsters.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:38 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:and its also like blasphemy to me old tegel manor :(

pure sacrilege i tell you ! :)

Al

:D
Melan used the original and not the Gamescience version when he wrote it.

Now burning a Tegel maybe sacrilege, but why would have someone done that :wink:

Wonder if anyone has made this into a Neverwinter Nights 'module' (then I may just have to buy #2 or reinstall #1).

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:48 pm 

yes i would install NWN just to play tegel manor on it thats for sure!

c'mon someone, get onto it already :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:18 am 

serleran wrote:Is the original version (not the one that says Original on the cover) rare or something?

Not really, unless you really care what shade of orange your booklet will be and whether there will be an "ENDE" inscription above an illustration of a skull or not. On the other hand, be prepared to pay ca. $30 to 50 for a reasonably intact set.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:22 pm 

Does anyone have the B/W version of Gamescience's Tegel? I have both a b/w and color. The B/W says prepub on the cover. According to a sticker on the bag, 100 were produced. Any info would be helpful!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:40 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Does anyone have the B/W version of Gamescience's Tegel?

I have a copy of both the b/w and colour versions too.  The b/w is definitely rarer but still only commands about $25-30 at auction.  Its the Origins PrePub Preview but I have no idea how many were printed/sold.  Where did you hear the 100 number?  That makes it seem a lot rarer than I though it was.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:53 pm 

It is on a sticker on the bag. I've never seen another one before; where did you get yours?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:24 pm 

I picked mine up from Ebay and have seen 2 others there as well over the last 3 years.

PreviousNext