Tegel Manor
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:41 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Desuma_Malevois wrote:
Plaag wrote:When you get that sorted..post a list because I just may need to ask some questions depending on what you have.

Shane,

I have an orange Tegel at hand that I bought new "way back when". I'm getting ready to put it up on eBay, but I'll be happy to answer any questions for you while I still have it.

The set includes:
1 orange Guidelines booklet L,
1 double sided Players' map,
1 double sided Judge's map,
1 yellow Character Checklist, and
1 cover sheet/Booty List.

Mike Thomas

oooo please make sure you tell us here that you are doing that, i can imagine theres at least four of us wanting it :)

Al

Your wish is my command  :wink:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... 3&since=-1

Mike

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:29 am 

logged :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:10 pm 

Alright..need those that have Tegel cover sheets (not the blue ones) to check those to see if the words 'fantasy play game aid' is almost above the smoke's top line, or easily seen as below it. (just checking something) And specify which list/or blank then what description as above.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:25 am 

just a quick one with regards to Tegel Manor again.

was just ready #67 fantastic wilderlands beyonde. i have the 1st and "current" 3rd print - still not convinced there is a 2nd yet, but i digress....

reading the 1st., the booty list in the back is quite cool.

i read on the #27 tegel manor listing, that it includes items 22-25 as part of the instalment.

yet as item #30, it has 11 x 17" reduced judges map of tegel manor and area 75c

so they either released #27 as it was (potentially unlikely) and held it back slightly and released it, including #30 as well.... OR they did both....

not necessarily a different print, more of a print variant....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:19 pm 

I don't think I have a #30, actually does anyone have one of these? (need a scan of it)..
I'm not sure it was released with Tegel (they did not change the cover sheet) though now I'll look out for any listing that may include it. Also of note..it is not listed in Journal L, though it is the last item of #14 Ready Ref Sheets Package and then from there is listed in many of the later product lists.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:32 pm 

well isnt that interesting! the booty list in the 1st print of fantastic wilderlands beyonde is quite handy.

the 3rd print one has two, a booty list and a treasure vault!

the booty list details quite a lot of stuff, not as much as i would like to see (ie what makes up items very specifically), but what it does show is what maps belong with what items. quite handy for those ppl who aint as geekish as us lot to know them off by heart :D

if you want scans i can stick em up on here for you to look at.

Al

*EDIT*

actually i will amend what i said above. the 3rd print has a booty list AND two treasure vaults!!!

the cover sheet goes up to #310 city of lei tabor

the booty list goes up to #750 the illhiedrin book
the treasure vault in the book goes up to #750 the illhiedrin book too....

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:44 pm 

Only need scans of #30. I did look through the 1st and '3rd' (yeah '2nd' is unknown..but it will take some searching to find out if so).
The 2 lists in the book are actually the catalog type list (also in Pegasus magazines later on..you can also see the Pegasus page number at the bottom of one page in this) and the normal Treasure Vault. I believe I looked through the Pegasus Mags and that list is from the 1st one..(okay done editing this)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:05 pm 

well i have just checked all the stuff i have handy that i can find and i definately havent got a #30

its definately not part of the tegel manor instalment, so they must have released it afterwards.

fwiw i dont think i have ever seen one either and i notice that on new booty lists, it isnt present. it is up to #67 at least - its defo on my 1st FFC booty list

just looked at a few more 1st prints and it shows up in #88 dark tower, but it does say "(as avail)", so i am guessing that they only printed a limited run of them then maybe?

that being the case, thats gonna be pretty damn rare cos i have never seen one in all the time i have been getting JG stuff.

anyone else seen one?

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:41 pm 

I have one of these:

item #30, 11 x 17" reduced judges map of tegel manor and area 75c

....although I'm not sure what 'area 75c' is.  

The map is printed on the lighter, pale yellowish paper, not the thicker pale brown stuff of earlier maps.  I also have a player map, the same size and similar paper.

Is that what you're looking for?

However, I am missing a TM cover page. Anyone have a spare?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:44 pm 

otherworld wrote:I have one of these:

The map is printed on the lighter, pale yellowish paper, not the thicker pale brown stuff of earlier maps. I also have a player map, the same size and similar paper.

heh the end of the sentence is area :) the 75c is $0.75 as 75c :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:46 pm 

otherworld wrote:However, I am missing a TM cover page. Anyone have a spare?

i dont think the cover page is with all the prints.

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:52 pm 

otherworld wrote:I have one of these:

The map is printed on the lighter, pale yellowish paper, not the thicker pale brown stuff of earlier maps. I also have a player map, the same size and similar paper.

Hey can you provide me a scan of that? (front and back)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:56 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
otherworld wrote:However, I am missing a TM cover page. Anyone have a spare?

i dont think the cover page is with all the prints.

Yeah Installment L does not have it. Course just trying to figure out where the known cover sheets go is still sketchy.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:22 pm 

Just something that seems odd that I'll bring to the discussion of this item again..1st print Booklet L: L-24 is Times New Roman, 2nd print Booklet L: L-24 is Arial..of all the text in both of these, why change that one item (especially when all other pages use TNR page numbering)?

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:57 pm 

well this is something i am gonna go into more detail about with regards to the older prints and other prints....i still think that not everything is so rigid. i think there is a large overlap between prints in one part of an instalment or another. nothing is as clear cut as we are hoping - i am very convinced of this.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:35 pm 

So I just got my Tegel Manor (4th printing, as it happens), and it's in pretty much immaculate condition. No staple rust, no wear to speak of at all, no creases, clean and unstained maps... just great.

Except one thing - on the cover is the misprint of how large the maps are (it says 17" x 22" but the actual maps are 11" x 17"). However, someone took a pen and wrote over the 17 and 22 with 11 and 17. So I'm curious, did JG do some manual correcting on this edition? Or did I just get a copy that the purchaser fixed on his own? Anyone else with a copy that has hand-written corrections of the map sizes?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:07 am 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:So I just got my Tegel Manor (4th printing, as it happens), and it's in pretty much immaculate condition. No staple rust, no wear to speak of at all, no creases, clean and unstained maps... just great.

Except one thing - on the cover is the misprint of how large the maps are (it says 17" x 22" but the actual maps are 11" x 17"). However, someone took a pen and wrote over the 17 and 22 with 11 and 17. So I'm curious, did JG do some manual correcting on this edition? Or did I just get a copy that the purchaser fixed on his own? Anyone else with a copy that has hand-written corrections of the map sizes?

There may be two printings of this version of Tegel (blue cover version). Maybe Shane could shed some light on this? There may also be differences between printings in the maps that were bundled, IIRC. I think I've had both at one time. I remember really liking the smaller Manor map, 'cos all the ones I'd seen up to that point had been 17"x22".

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:02 am 

yeah i think i have seen two different sized sets of maps too. tho i dont think its a different printings situation....just a mis-match of what stock is left at the time.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext