Tegel Manor
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:45 pm 

Aneoth & Kat,
You're welcome! I'm glad to help Bob Jr because I think he will take JG in new directions. Plus it's a way to honor my buddy. And it's a kick for me too since I was there when it was just a handshake. Oh, the places you'll go!

Aneoth wrote:The members here at the Acaeum respect and appreciate all of his and your work from the previous many years of Judges Guild, and your current efforts with Bob Jr. now too, and I hope you realize that.

Bob's buddy

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:30 pm 

I picked up the Tegal poster and T-shirt.  While at Cafe express, I picked up a couple of other JG items as well.  I'll do anything to support the continued success of Judges Guild.  I look forward to what Bob Jr. and friends will do in the future.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:53 pm 

I'd love to get a poster, but I have to watch what I spend money on now.  I hopefully have a vacation that I will need the money to go towards.  So maybe someday.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:54 pm 

Plaag wrote:I'd love to get a poster, but I have to watch what I spend money on now.  I hopefully have a vacation that I will need the money to go towards.  So maybe someday.

ShaneG.

You will be very sorry if they sell out of them. (Just ordered one, they look way too cool to miss out on).

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:03 pm 

JZavoda wrote:
You will be very sorry if they sell out of them. (Just ordered one, they look way too cool to miss out on).

Risk I'm willing to take for this vacation, only death or my bosses being Aholes and denying it would keep me from taking this.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:18 pm 

Plaag wrote:I'd love to get a poster, but I have to watch what I spend money on now.  I hopefully have a vacation that I will need the money to go towards.  So maybe someday.

ShaneG.

Okay Shane, I fully support spending money on vacations--that's my REAL job!

Bill

Bob's buddy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:41 pm 

FYI, if you can order the Tegel Manor original map at http://www.cafepress.com/judgesguild with your CREDIT CARD, it's easier on me.

I realized after offering to accept Paypal payments earlier today, that costs me money and takes a fair amount of time*... and at $7.75/hour in Illinois, at least, time is money.

Anyway, I realize not everyone is comfy with getting or using a credit card so I will take care of you.

Here's the new deal: if you want to PayPal money to me instead of a credit card ([email protected]) add $4 handling charge and don't forget to add CafePress' $5 (if one item) for the shipping.

Don't forget to note your address in the PayPal payment.

If you buy directly from cafe press with your credit card, then only the shipping charge(s) apply not the handling charge.

*I have to receive the money from PayPal at a cost, then turn around and charge MY credit card and have it shipped to you instead... and then match up the PayPal with my card and reimburse it from my Game Design account (since it's my TourGroupPro.com credit card). Several hoops to jump through but glad to do it if that's what you need!

Bob's buddy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:55 pm 

Bill Owen wrote:FYI, if you can order the Tegel Manor original map at http://www.cafepress.com/judgesguild with your CREDIT CARD, it's easier on me.

I realized after offering to accept Paypal payments earlier today, that costs me money and takes a fair amount of time*... and at $7.75/hour in Illinois, at least, time is money.

Anyway, I realize not everyone is comfy with getting or using a credit card so I will take care of you.

Here's the new deal: if you want to PayPal money to me instead of a credit card ([email protected]) add $4 handling charge and don't forget to add CafePress' $5 (if one item) for the shipping.

Don't forget to note your address in the PayPal payment.

If you buy directly from cafe press with your credit card, then only the shipping charge(s) apply not the handling charge.

*I have to receive the money from PayPal at a cost, then turn around and charge MY credit card and have it shipped to you instead... and then match up the PayPal with my card and reimburse it from my Game Design account (since it's my TourGroupPro.com credit card). Several hoops to jump through but glad to do it if that's what you need!

Or...can cafepress take paypal.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:45 pm 

JZavoda wrote:
Or...can cafepress take paypal.

Nope. I checked... just the big four CC's:

"We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and check cards, as long as they are connected with one of the major credit card companies listed above. You can safely enter your entire credit card number via our secure server, which encrypts all submitted information.

Paying by Check Card
If you're paying with a Visa Check Card, or MasterMoney Card enter it as if it was a regular credit card."

Bob's buddy

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:07 am 

PayPal has a new feture (some type of plug-in) that allows you to use PayPal even at places where it is not accepted.  Go to your PayPal home page and check it out.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:12 am 

Wow, I didn't see this until just now. I've got to get one of those maps!

And, the PayPal thing is:

Here

Oh, it does not work with Firefox 3, so you know.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:25 am 

My map arrived. A very nice piece of history and nostalgia.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:51 pm 

Got my poster map today. :D  :D

Amazing, Splendiferous in fact.  :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:06 pm 

Looks like no 4E Tegel Manor in the forseeable future.....darn.

http://www.enworld.org/articles/No_4E_for_Necromancer_Games%21/6939

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:00 pm 

Badmike wrote:Looks like no 4E Tegel Manor in the forseeable future.....darn.

http://www.enworld.org/articles/No_4E_for_Necromancer_Games%21/6939

Mike B.

One facet of the issue that interests me....will WOTC prove sufficiently clever to make changes in the GSL before it is too late.

The game companies they helped create with the OGL are now off making their own RPG's to take the place of D&D.

Changes in the GSL could head off competitors like Pathfinder, Throne of Ice and Eldritch before they gain a real niche.  My thought is...of the three...Pathfinder has a real chance to be a problem for WOTC.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:46 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
One facet of the issue that interests me....will WOTC prove sufficiently clever to make changes in the GSL before it is too late.

The game companies they helped create with the OGL are now off making their own RPG's to take the place of D&D.

Changes in the GSL could head off competitors like Pathfinder, Throne of Ice and Eldritch before they gain a real niche.  My thought is...of the three...Pathfinder has a real chance to be a problem for WOTC.

I doubt anybody will pose any true "problem" for WotC, but Paizo has put out some consistently good stuff, and I agree they are in a position to steal a portion of the D&D market.  I for one am rooting for them!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:25 am 

FormCritic wrote:

With 3E, there was little pressure on WOTC to produce adventure modules.  After their "core" series was published (Sunless Citadel, Forge or Fury, Speaker in Dreams, etc) and Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, WOTC pretty much let Goodman Games, Necromancer, Green Ronin and others take over the module business....a job they did very, very well as a matter of fact. It was literally years before WOTC really jumped back in with their adventure/battle tiles stuff they released.

New rules are great, but everyone knows, from 1979 until now, kick ass modules drive campaigns. If the next Giant series, or Ruins of Undermountain, or even Rappan Athuk, is published by Pathfinder instead of WOTC, I think it's a problem.  From what I've seen before, and it's very early, Wotc doesn't have the chops to match up with Pathfinder and the stuff they are putting out.  If Necromancer games gets involved...it's game over.  The one hope for WOTC right now might by Goodman games, their stuff has always been of a certain quality that could serve WOTC well in the time ahead.  

The worst thing that could happen, and seems to be happening, is WOTC letting the market get carved into slices and slices.  Paizo and Troll Lords and Necromancer Games and Green Ronin all having their own system is awful for WOTC and 4E, and actually RPG gaming as a whole. I really don't think the market can sustain this many fantasy RPG systems.  The most dangerous competition?  Is somehow Necromancer and Paizo were able to team up as was hinted in Clark Peterson's posts, it might pose a problem. I dont' think Necromancer wants to go that way....witness they haven't published anything in a year as a prelude to working with WOTC...but if WOTC doesn't budge on the GSL, they might have to reluctantly hook up with someone else, and that may be Paizo.  Should be interesting.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:37 am 

I dunno -- I think having your own game, a system you prefer to write for, that is easy to write for, and produces results you are looking to produce is a good thing -- if you have lofty goals, like overthrowing the giant that is WotC, you'd better be the most creative person to ever grace the RPG scene because it just ain't going to happen, not alone, and not immediately. The thing is, RPGs are 30+ years old, and everything that could be done, has been done... in one way or another. Everything else is just style, or audience.

That, to me, is why I love "generic" systems, like BRP, because you can take whatever the hell you want and say "this'll work in my game"

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

PreviousNext