Grand Opening/Site Updates
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:52 pm 

Journal J (Dec76/Jan77) "Now that this installment is ready, work on the guide has accelerated and is due to be ready to mail by the end of the month. To restate, the guide is not included with the subscription and must be purchased separately. We kept the price down to $3.50 for this reason and it looks like it will run more than forty pages. Likewise the 'Judges Reduced Scale City Map' is handy but the print is small and to have included it would have increased the subscription cost"

(also they list this as a variation on the guildmember subscription theme)

"Ready Ref Package several copies of each of our RR sheets printed so far plus the up coming ones on 'Alignment & Record Keeping", "Building Costs" and the Wizards' Guide. This one's price will be announced later."

Journal K (Feb/Mar 1977) (regarding some readers mail) "The few complaints centered about the delay on 'Thunderhold', the overrun problems on 'Guide to the City State', a few packaging errors, and the desire for more materials (space, paper, time, etc) than the sub allows."

(under Tips from the Tower) "The Ready Ref Sheets Package contains all of our RR sheets published so far plus the Character Checklist to be included in the next installment."

Journal L (April/May 1977): in short it says that RR sheet Wizard's Guide and Construction Cost while included in Installment L..was "ready on time, printed on time, and could have been enclosed in Installment K. We simply forgot to inform our dedicated workers that it was to be included in addition to our normal 20 pages of material. We sent a copy by first class mail to anyone requesting it until this installment (L) and now intend to rectify the situation by enclosing it in this installment. While it will be included in the back installment K, it will not be included in the Tegel Manor expansion kit to be sold in hobby shops."

(at the back of the journal) "So you'll know what was supposed to be in the mailing of this installment, here's a list-17x22" Judge's map of the Manor and area, 11x17" Player's map of the Manor and area, 24 page Booklet 'L', Character Checklist, Wizard's Guide and 4 page newsletter. The Wizard's Guide will only be found in Installment K after this mailing."

(little past that) "Along with our previously published ready-ref charts, there will be a 'Monster Compendium' listing all of the D&D monsters published so far with all of their specs in a tight listing. This Monster Compendium will be in your next installment, also."

Actually I and J can be read here: judgesguild.net

Anyhow..yeah scans would work too, but can't do it at this time of night...#14 never appeared till 1977 same as #10 Guide to the City State (though they were mentioned earlier) due to delays. Everything else also speaks to order it came out..(as I posted some time back I still really need to go over the journals/dungeoneers/pegasus magazines)..but perhaps I should really do the early ones soon due to all this confusion.

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:07 pm 

Good clips there, Shane.

Plaag wrote:Anyhow..yeah scans would work too, but can't do it at this time of night...

What? Only 4am... ;)

Plaag wrote:..but perhaps I should really do the early ones soon due to all this confusion.

Yes, would certainly give a better grounding for any forward discussion, if required. That explains the confusion re. the Wizard's Guide, for example.

thx :)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:47 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Good clips there, Shane.

Plaag wrote:Anyhow..yeah scans would work too, but can't do it at this time of night...

What? Only 4am... ;)

Plaag wrote:..but perhaps I should really do the early ones soon due to all this confusion.

Yes, would certainly give a better grounding for any forward discussion, if required. That explains the confusion re. the Wizard's Guide, for example.

thx :)

Actually its 10:43 pm and while this is fresh in my mind (and below I head back to sleep) another deciding factor..TAC CARDS..the charts on those do not have negative AC except for monsters attacking (though not having a 3rd print of that not sure if any charts got changed)

k..back to sleep now that I got this thought out of my head.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:58 am 

great research there - damn wish i had them all on hand to see as well - i really should start to sort out my JG stuff a little more AND have it all in one place. trouble is, no space to do that right now.

oh well.

thanks for that shane. while it prb still doesnt clear things up, it gives us a few more tidbits to work from.

just a thought, TAC cards, were 1976? i dont have any so i dont know. so you have 1st print ones of them? what other prints and what dates are we looking at for them prints?

do the AC values change at all.

as we now know #10 came out later, and mentions minus AC values, could this be something they did around that time? late 76-early 77?

for a curiousity value tho, how do the yellow sheets fit into everything. they are not tan cardstock and are far more perishable. so were they the originals?

oh i dunno, i just got up and i need food before i run :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:25 am 

Site updated

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:38 am 

Plaag wrote:Site updated

ShaneG.

thx.

=

(*re-checks*)

Characters Checklist

1st print points reverted to in the 3rd print? Yeah, kinda difficult to denote if the two were running in parallel (Tegel flavor vs. #14 flavor), although Al also has an orange Tegel with the "#14 sheet"...

Still not sure whether it's a good idea to try to read definitive dates from what are only hints in the text of the journals (certainly know that's been the source of false dates with early TSR material).
Definitely somewhat in limbo with "#14 1977, but is it April/May after all RR sheets released thru L and after Judges Shield, but before Installment M June/July 1977 or soem other date?" :? Hrrrr....

Anyhow, I think need to state somehow that one "flavor" of the CC came with #14 whilst the other was with the Tegels, if /that/ is your general observation.

And that still doesn't deal with the problem of that single "#14 flavor" sheet I have from an owner who had a 1st print Tegel (IIRC, but pretty certain), yet did not own the 1st print #14 pack.
Any idea how that might have happened?

"Anyhow..from that above, CC would have been printed before Installment L so that it could be included in #14, but then also released with L" (:? again)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:54 am 

Oops..forgot to say the 3rd CC is double sided on that page (now corrected)..and may take that idea to specify which CCs came with what after some more tegels have been looked over.

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:56 am 

Plaag wrote:Oops..forgot to say the 3rd CC is double sided on that page (now corrected)..and may take that idea to specify which CCs came with what after some more tegels have been looked over.

ShaneG.

*looks around for a half-dozen Tegels from each print in untouched, original condition, including a 1st print and a 1st #14 with Bob's handwriting stating which date each was released on*
yeah.... :D

(In other words, I'm still stuck on this one (almost pushing 70-30 but no better than that). Feel free to go with "1st" & "2nd" if you wish ;)).

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:42 am 

Site Updated

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:18 am 

Site Updated (plus everything should look universal for the item pages)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:37 am 

Site Updated.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:24 am 

Site Updated.

Do people want these update reminders on the forum like this, or has it become a habit to check the site every saturday?

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:01 am 

i thought it was just your excuse to add one to your total posts :D

instead of saying youve "updated" might be worth listing what youve updated in a brief note?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:15 am 

:lol: I would never, why that would mean I'd have to respond to this..  :wink:

I shall take that advice though and start to post what it is that I update on here.
(Side Note: Al how is the rare list coming along?)

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:18 am 

ShaneG,

It's nice to know since this is where I, and probably most members, go first.

Another thought, and maybe this has already been discussed, if so, I apologize. Would it be a benefit to have a format similar to The Acaeum in this respect?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:26 am 

Plaag wrote::lol: I would never, why that would mean I'd have to respond to this.. :wink:

I shall take that advice though and start to post what it is that I update on here.
(Side Note: Al how is the rare list coming along?)

ShaneG.

actually shane i am working on it quite nicely - will be gettign in touch with your shortly to see about formats and any info you can add to it. have tracked prices since 1st december (cant find my notes from before that *grrr*)

prb 75% of the JG products come under a rare 1 anyway imo. but once i have a sorta-list together worth looking at, then i will give you a shout.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:28 am 

dbartman wrote:Another thought, and maybe this has already been discussed, if so, I apologize. Would it be a benefit to have a format similar to The Acaeum in this respect?

DB - this is the idea that i have had. as the Acaeum has one for TSR stuff, i wanted us to have one for JG stuff in exactly the same way.

makes sense really and i think it will look really cool. once i have compiled my information that i have from my own perspective, i will be asking other collectors in relation to the list and hopefully then stick it all together and we will have a first draft of the JG rarity list.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:32 am 

dbartman wrote:ShaneG,

It's nice to know since this is where I, and probably most members, go first.

Another thought, and maybe this has already been discussed, if so, I apologize. Would it be a benefit to have a format similar to The Acaeum in this respect?

Hum..I think I can do that. May see how it looks later today if I have some time.

ShaneG.

PreviousNext