Grand Opening/Site Updates
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:35 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:Site has been updated..which I hope to do every weeken.

... for the rest of your life... :P

*g*. sry ^^

==

What's up with this unilateral "interpretation according to Shane" business?

If, rather than discussing what evidence you are using for having done what you've done at several points, you're not going to bother replying to my emails/PMs, please pull my name from every location it appears. Thanks :)

Thats what this thread is for, so what specifics do you want to know? (I believe I've answered your emails/PMs..least I think I've done them all..if not ask away again)

I've posted an interpretation based on product lists (which I am now refining with the use of a spread sheet), copyright dates (we all know these are not always correct however), street address (also helps to narrow things down), magazine ads/reviews, and catalogs.

Some (not all the above) of this is shown at:

Print Run Chronological Order

Other then that I have also taken info from postings from Bob/Bill, etc at:

Start your own free forum, social network, social community, or chat room instantly | Yuku

And any other place I can via web pages/PMs and emails.

Have always been open to hearing ideas (if I've ignored any one or even anyone.. like I say.. post away)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:38 pm 

APOLOGIES TO DAVID

First and foremost..I was wrong

My Fault: I read some previous messages of his, but in hindsight they did not register in my mind to check out all the facts (it pays to read things twice I suspose)

Solution, well for starters this, and also correcting the mistake (jury is still out on the checklist David :wink: unless you got more on that idea of yours)

Second..if this happens again, please tell me in more detail what I missed..I am man enough to admit wrong and make good on it.

Third..I'm SORRY..for the previous post, I read the intent of your last message slightly wrong, but not as you being vicious or mean.

Fourth..Thank You for checking on my mistakes..again though sometimes I may need another post or email on the specifics.

ShaneG.

(oh and don't get any ideas about any physical compensation..those Tac Cards are mine, MINE I tell you..  :) )

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:41 pm 

Yeah, the chronology was one item (per my links back to IO's postmarked "I" Installments with orange "I" booklets), but thanks for that swap on the I6-8. I was waiting to hear back from your checks with Al before that (unexpected) update.

Not sure what I6-8 they'd've sent out with the original "I" mailing, if I was wrong 'bout that ;)

(The set I have is from the same original owner from whom you picked up those 1st print Tac cards w/o the stock card; i.e. /early/ 1st print).

Interestingly there may be an earlier JG #14 if Al's scan of the Booty list on his copy (lucky him!) going up to #30 is a possible indicator of such. Darned rare those, either way.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:52 pm 

Well Journal J (Dec 1976/Jan 1977) states in Booty List:

14. Ready Ref Package (20 pages of seven different charts)

price to be announced later.

Journal K (Feb/Mar 1977) states in Booty List:

14. Ready Ref Sheets Package-20 pages of seven different charts published through Installment L

Hum..so actually our checklists would be the ones to come with Installment L, and then the reprint of the Ref Sheets would make it into #14

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:06 pm 

shane/david

just e-mailed you with something interesting i have just found.

checking the booty list on #12 CSIO, i found that #5 refers to the ready ref sheets in question "with minus armour classes"

kinda makes things a lil more interesting again no? :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:07 pm 

Plaag wrote:Well Journal J (Dec 1976/Jan 1977) states in Booty List:

14. Ready Ref Package (20 pages of seven different charts)

price to be announced later.

Journal K (Feb/Mar 1977) states in Booty List:

14. Ready Ref Sheets Package-20 pages of seven different charts published through Installment L

Hum..so actually our checklists would be the ones to come with Installment L, and then the reprint of the Ref Sheets would make it into #14

ShaneG.

Good; that makes sense as to why Bob "held" #14 from earlier and had up to #30 on the Booty List by the time it was released.

So Al's #14 is defo the first print, as he might say ;)

Oh, I didn't notice that I'd bumped your message at the foot of the previous page. Thanks again, Shane! :)

That installment copy of I-8 having those missing negative ACs which were then present on both editions of #14 (loose leaf and purple book) should've been the clincher if the find context wasn't enough in its own right.

As to the checklist Characters Checklist , I still don't know which way to jump. Was 65-35 either way.

I'm pretty sure that if Keith (the source of your 1st print Tac Cards, my "I", etc.) had a Tegel it would've been a first print and that scan I sent you was the sheet that he'd placed inside my copy of "I" (presumably erroneously, if it wasn't released elsewhere?).

Need more input on that, still? :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:11 pm 

so i still have a 1st then?

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:12 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:just e-mailed you with something interesting i have just found.

checking the booty list on #12 CSIO, i found that #5 refers to the ready ref sheets in question "with minus armour classes"

kinda makes things a lil more interesting again no? :D

Al

Hmm... I wonder whether that means there's a yellow single-sided I-8 with negative ACs (if not a I-7 without negative ACs)?

Sorry; don't have a #12 to read the context of that note you mention.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:12 pm 

Need to head out for a bit..so will look everythigng over (though Al I got email adnd looked..damn I nned to check that out as well)

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:13 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:so i still have a 1st then?

Sounds like a pretty good impression of one, anyhow, from what Shane's dug out there! 8)

(I really need to get all my JG stuff together in one place! :roll:).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:14 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Sorry; don't have a #12 to read the context of that note you mention.

david, i e-mailed you and shane a scan of it chummer

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:17 pm 

just in case you didnt get the e-mail, here's the scan - look at #5 on the left hand side:

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:21 pm 

(mebbe this all needs shunted to the JG questions thread ;))

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:
Sorry; don't have a #12 to read the context of that note you mention.

david, i e-mailed you and shane a scan of it chummer

Al

*g*. thx. Just received that and was checking to ensure it was the same as in #10. Which it is....

Judges Guild Questions • Page 2 • Judges Guild •  The Acaeum

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:27 pm 

So that's pretty definitive re. /only/ I-7 having -ve ACs on the "first available" copies.

Good. That's the easiest solution! (i.e. as currently listed :))

(Even if that doesn't definitively pin down the appearance of -ve ACs on I-8 to the 1st JG #14 sheets).

Thanks for the cross-check, Al.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:33 pm 

harami2000 wrote:So that's pretty definitive re. /only/ I-7 having -ve ACs on the "first available" copies.

Good. That's the easiest solution! (i.e. as currently listed :))

(Even if that doesn't definitively pin down the appearance of -ve ACs on I-8 to the 1st JG #14 sheets).

Thanks for the cross-check, Al.

but the thing is david, if you read back on items #6 and #7 they DO say (as #5). would this not imply that the detail means the same? it does to me. i would read that as meaning I-6, I-7 and I-8 all have the minus armour classes on. they just didnt write it all again, either cos a. someone couldnt be arsed, or b. saving type-space.

i still think it means negs on each of them but am looking now to see if i can find reference elsewhere. tho i think #10 / #12 is prb the best place to look.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:44 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i still think it means negs on each of them but am looking now to see if i can find reference elsewhere. tho i think #10 / #12 is prb the best place to look.

Al

Hmm... I'm reading #5 as;

"one monster attacking chart [I-7]: [which] has to hit scores (with minus armor classes)".

- as opposed to "five men attacking charts [I-8]: [which] has ACS (sic) To Hit scores" (no -ve ACs).

Yeah, unless the earliest couple of journals have any other hints... and it's pointless me searching when I know Shane (and others) have those on hand! ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:00 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Hmm... I'm reading #5 as;

"one monster attacking chart [I-7]: [which] has to hit scores (with minus armor classes)".

- as opposed to "five men attacking charts [I-8]: [which] has ACS (sic) To Hit scores" (no -ve ACs).

Yeah, unless the earliest couple of journals have any other hints... and it's pointless me searching when I know Shane (and others) have those on hand! ;)

well we will have to agree to disagree there until someone comes up with something, as it doesnt sound clear-cut to me either way.

have just had a look for my older journals...cant find any atm, bar for journal M (modron) and that doesnt help at all.

well hopefully someone else can shine a little light hopefully?

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:04 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:well we will have to agree to disagree there until someone comes up with something, as it doesnt sound clear-cut to me either way.

*g*. What's new?

And that's with secondary evidence.

(Compared with the almost stand-alone nature of Characters Checklist . Was your copy definitely with a Red Tegel?).

killjoy32 wrote:well hopefully someone else can shine a little light hopefully?

:)

=

oh, and 2,445, btw :P

damn.... too late! ^^

PreviousNext