JG 48 - Wilderlands of High Fantasy
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:05 pm 

hi folks,

opened up this thread, so any questions relating to this item can feed through here.

right.

i have three first prints of this, one not in as good condition as the other two, but they are all complete and will be getting sold in the next few days. offered up here first and then on ebay and my site.

now the question i have is this.

i have: instalment K which is the CSIO map 1, instalment N - booklet with 4 maps (judges/players maps 2 & 3), and instalment O - booklet with 4 maps (judges/players maps 4 & 5).

during the 1st print run, were they sold seperately ever? or were they just seperate when the instalments were given to the guild members? then after the instalments were all released, they then released JG48 which is the set...

any thoughts here would be useful for how i go about selling them.

instalment N does not have a booty list in it, but does mention this on the inside page, under the (c) 1977

"note to guildmembers: this booklet and campaign maps are being published as Issue N, to be recombined later with issue O and the previous issue K as the Wilderlands of High Fantasy Game Aid"

Issue O does have a booty list, but it only lists items that have been given to guildmembers and does NOT have any JG item numbers next to the items. the last item actually listed is the campaign hexagon system (which ends up being JG 47)

once i get to the bottom of this, i can then sort out selling them.

Al

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:57 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i have: instalment K which is the CSIO map 1, instalment N - booklet with 4 maps (judges/players maps 2 & 3), and instalment O - booklet with 4 maps (judges/players maps 4 & 5).

during the 1st print run, were they sold seperately ever? or were they just seperate when the instalments were given to the guild members? then after the instalments were all released, they then released JG48 which is the set...

any thoughts here would be useful for how i go about selling them.

instalment N does not have a booty list in it, but does mention this on the inside page, under the (c) 1977

"note to guildmembers: this booklet and campaign maps are being published as Issue N, to be recombined later with issue O and the previous issue K as the Wilderlands of High Fantasy Game Aid"

Issue O does have a booty list, but it only lists items that have been given to guildmembers and does NOT have any JG item numbers next to the items. the last item actually listed is the campaign hexagon system (which ends up being JG 47)

once i get to the bottom of this, i can then sort out selling them.

Al

I have these, and the journals..(some bits of knowledge: All play aids are combinations of books and maps, majority of installments are journals and books) The two books of Wilderlands of High Fantasy were sold in installments or as #48, much like the two books of #92, 150, 300 (though the 3 books of 150 were given seperate #'s and sold individually at least from catalogs). Anyhow the Wilderlands of High Fantasy name first appears in Journal N, nothing earlier.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:22 am 

right guys....

unless anyone is interested (offers by way of PM), i will be ebaying 3 complete copies of 1st print Wilderlands of High Fantasy.

that is the two instalment books, N and O, with all the relevant judges and player maps.

if youre interested, i can provide scans then....

i do have a playable copy as well (i think), if you just want to "have a copy" which i will obviously sell cheaper....

Al

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:36 am 

I just picked up a 4th printing copy in this eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

All three mods are in pristine condition, with #300 still in the shrink wrap.

Here's the curious thing, #48 Wilderlands of High Fantasy was opened and included the complete world map.  The one that is shrunk down on mini hexes and is all the campaign maps spliced together.  I've only seen it in the Tarantis mod before.  I wonder if this was included by accident or if JG started adding it to late 4th printing runs.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:58 pm 

leadjunkie wrote:I just picked up a 4th printing copy in this eBay auction:

** expired eBay auction **

All three mods are in pristine condition, with #300 still in the shrink wrap.

Here's the curious thing, #48 Wilderlands of High Fantasy was opened and included the complete world map.  The one that is shrunk down on mini hexes and is all the campaign maps spliced together.  I've only seen it in the Tarantis mod before.  I wonder if this was included by accident or if JG started adding it to late 4th printing runs.

Could have been added..ask the seller if he owned Tarantis..

Would be curious though if this was happening, but right now I'm thinking it was added by the owner and not Judges Guild.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own