JG Tac Cards count
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:16 pm 

Plaag wrote:So there is 3 printings of these..1976, 1977, 1978

(as originally stated? ;))

Plaag wrote:oh and sorry David :wink:

s'OK. That was more than I paid for everything else I bought off Keith, first time around :)

(He certainly wasn't complaining at that price vs. the 3rd visible bidder ($20.25!)).

Anyhow, I have what should be at least a partial set incoming, in a 14 pound box of goodies to sift through and evaluate.

Since the owner was in the MIT D&D group back in 74/75, am kinda hoping there will at least be a yellow cover card in there. *fingers crossed*

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:21 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Anyhow, I have what should be at least a partial set incoming, in a 14 pound box of goodies to sift through and evaluate.

Since the owner was in the MIT D&D group back in 74/75, am kinda hoping there will at least be a yellow cover card in there. *fingers crossed*

Any other early JG goodies also coming with that?

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:28 pm 

Plaag wrote:Any other early JG goodies also coming with that?

ShaneG.

Don't get my hopes up too much, Shane!

Is seriously going to be a case of browse, evaluate and pay. Apparently lots of old D&D notes back to that date, anyhow, which might otherwise have been canned... :(

Definitely one of the most trusting individuals I've met: always appreciated when things happen like that! :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:51 am 

it really sucks having no money. the number of auctions i have had to bite my lip and just literally force myself away from bidding :)

man it really sucks!

i can only look upon them TAC cards in envy shane - well done my friend!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:37 pm 

I have a 140 card set, with a green cover card which has the PO Box 773 address, and a product list on the back (CSIO, Ready Ref package, Tegel Manor, Shield and CC Cards).

Any ideas where this fits in?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:36 pm 

otherworld wrote:I have a 140 card set, with a green cover card which has the PO Box 773 address, and a product list on the back (CSIO, Ready Ref package, Tegel Manor, Shield and CC Cards).

Any ideas where this fits in?

Do you have 5 of each card?

Course these things can be easily swapped out, the only difference between printings (not counting number of cards) is that the 1st has the yellow P.O. Box title card and pink action cards, 2nd had the green P.O. Box title card with white product card, and the 3rd has the green Sunnyside title card.

Since GenCon this year had the auction for uncut shets of Tac cards, I suspect these were sort of 'cut on demand'. It would be easier to store the uncut sheets of these till they were needed to fill subscriptions/orders. (Actualy you can see on some cards marks for where to line up and cut). I would be very curious as to how these were arranged and if on each sheet they were just one type of card. Plus why the pink ones (could understand to seperate the action cards from the others, but maybe another reason exists)

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:24 pm 

Yep, 5 of each, but only 4 of 'Parry'. No white product card, though.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:53 pm 

otherworld wrote:Yep, 5 of each, but only 4 of 'Parry'. No white product card, though.

That actually is a 3rd then (seems the parry card is only 4..find it odd, but oh well) Wonder if title card was from an old 2nd print set..interesting curiousity for now (hold on to that :) )

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:27 am 

Plaag wrote:
otherworld wrote:Yep, 5 of each, but only 4 of 'Parry'. No white product card, though.

That actually is a 3rd then (seems the parry card is only 4..find it odd, but oh well) Wonder if title card was from an old 2nd print set..interesting curiousity for now (hold on to that :) )

ShaneG.

nah he doesnt want to hold onto that. he should sell it with oooh a $25 BIN :)

*walks off muttering curses*

:D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous