Judges Shield
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:00 pm 

I should have started the following thread here:

Judges Shield • Collecting Appraisal •  The Acaeum

So, please add any additional comments to this thread...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:06 pm 

johnhuck wrote:I'm really surprised that this didn't sell
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 8702679704

Can't say that I've seen them that often on eBay. But I wasn't really looking.

My early games of OD&D were spent with the DM hiding his parphenalia behind books precariously standing upright.

Then Judges Guild produced the Judges Shield and DMs were never without their screens again.

I understand that this is now sometimes replaced by a laptop by those non-technophobes amongst us.

So, are they not that rare? Or just not desirable?

harami2000 wrote:Rare enough, I suspect: not present in my collection and likewise have only seen a few for sale, IIRC.
Was possibly a question of condition. (As though serious JG collectors should be particularly fussy, given the quantity of high-acid newsprint they have stashed away :)).[/i]

I already had an image on my PC.  So, I didn't bother taking a better one as I thought it might have been snapped up anyway.

Probably a mistake.  And it already has a new home.  Passed on as a freebie to someone who expressed an interest.

I would say that apart from the edges having been taped, it wasn't in much worse condition than when it was bought.  Very clean with some minor creases.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:37 pm 

More then likely it is not the most desirable item for a screen (well now a days, back then it was the only one). Not to certain how rare, yeah it isn't on Ebay that often, but these were offered for a long time from Judges Guild.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:36 am 

I think it's a great DMs shield. But I've bought four of them off eBay in the last year (trying to get a minty one) and I don't need another.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.