Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 41, 2, 3, 4
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:04 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:i sent a msg to titan games about a week ago (says it all in itself), asking for the shipping cost for the JG journal # 1 that they have. now i KNOW the item is immensely light and yeah ok, put a board in to stop it being bent and send in a jiffy for protection....but does that justify shipping being $13??!! wtf is that all about. i would have bought that from them if the shipping charge was far more sensible, but hey you have to ask eh....



Al




Crazy, course it would be cheaper to just open up a journal pack :wink:



ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:30 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
Crazy, course it would be cheaper to just open up a journal pack :wink:



ShaneG.




well if i had one of them, i would :D



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:32 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Plaag wrote:
Crazy, course it would be cheaper to just open up a journal pack :wink:

ShaneG.


well if i had one of them, i would :D


JG Journal #1... Journal Pack... :?: :?



Interesting variant Journal Pack you have there, Shane? :)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:15 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
Interesting variant Journal Pack you have there, Shane? :)




i think you will find (as i dont know off the top of my head) that the journal pack prb starts from about 12/13 onwards. the ones before that are all the instalment journals and i doubt they would be in the pack - they are all the newspaper layout ones.



i was looking on noble knight games earlier - they have quite a few of the newspaper journals - conditions vary from fair to VG - the costs all tend to be around $10... if the conditions were slightly better i would have whipped the lot off them....



ah well



i noticed they had some decent JG stuff up too.....lower prints as well....well worth a look imo for anyone who fancies picking up some bits....most of their JG stuff tho is cheaper on my site :)



Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:33 pm 
 

Item Code: 1055

Title: The Judges Guild Journal Value Pack

Format: Contains journals I,J,K,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,12-21 and special combined issue Dungeoneer #19/Judges Guild Journal #22 (says that on the price sheet)

Course mine came with journal L and N also (I believe they were not listed due to the whole Journal N being mislabeled as #3)

Does no one have or ever had one of these?



ShaneG.

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:40 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:i think you will find (as i dont know off the top of my head) that the journal pack prb starts from about 12/13 onwards. the ones before that are all the instalment journals and i doubt they would be in the pack - they are all the newspaper layout ones.


Oh, I know that 'bout the journal pack, Al... Was just wondering where Shane pulled that wishful-thinking comment from! :P

(Sorry, Shane ;))



The earliest journals were more newsletter format, IMHO, and somewhat better(!) paper quality than the later newspaper/newsprint items.



killjoy32 wrote:i was looking on noble knight games earlier - they have quite a few of the newspaper journals - conditions vary from fair to VG - the costs all tend to be around $10... if the conditions were slightly better i would have whipped the lot off them....


*looks*. $25 for the newsletter and $10 for the newsprint journals.

IMO those grades are about as good as you'll find. The acid in the newsprint means those numbers (letters *g*) are very unlikely to be available in much better condition than those appear to be.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:42 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:Item Code: 1055

Title: The Judges Guild Journal Value Pack

Format: Contains journals I,J,K,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,12-21 and special combined issue Dungeoneer #19/Judges Guild Journal #22 (says that on the price sheet)

Course mine came with journal L and N also (I believe they were not listed due to the whole Journal N being mislabeled as #3)

Does no one have or ever had one of these?



ShaneG.




have to say that i have NEVER seen one of them. would really like to get my hands on one tho. there really have gotta be so few left now, complete and unopened. what y'all think? i reckon less than 200 tops.

if you ever fancy offloading it shane, gimme a shout :)



Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:43 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
*looks*. $25 for the newsletter and $10 for the newsprint journals.

IMO those grades are about as good as you'll find. The acid in the newsprint means those numbers (letters *g*) are very unlikely to be available in much better condition than those appear to be.




well i think its pretty decent value and i have dealt with them before, so will prb go and get my hands on them.....



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:08 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Plaag wrote:Item Code: 1055

Title: The Judges Guild Journal Value Pack

Format: Contains journals I,J,K,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,12-21 and special combined issue Dungeoneer #19/Judges Guild Journal #22 (says that on the price sheet)

Course mine came with journal L and N also (I believe they were not listed due to the whole Journal N being mislabeled as #3)

Does no one have or ever had one of these?



ShaneG.




have to say that i have NEVER seen one of them. would really like to get my hands on one tho. there really have gotta be so few left now, complete and unopened. what y'all think? i reckon less than 200 tops.

if you ever fancy offloading it shane, gimme a shout :)



Al




I opened mine a long time ago...and I won't sell anything I don't have doubles of.



ShaneG.



Side Note: Al I've PMed you (on that other matter)

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:16 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
Side Note: Al I've PMed you (on that other matter)




got the PM - will sort it tomorrow for you and get back to you ok?



Al



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:22 pm 
 

Oops, I hadn't spotted the previous crossing of messages...



Plaag wrote:Item Code: 1055

Title: The Judges Guild Journal Value Pack

Format: Contains journals I,J,K,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,12-21 and special combined issue Dungeoneer #19/Judges Guild Journal #22 (says that on the price sheet)

Does no one have or ever had one of these?



Wha.....? 8O



Erm, would "no" be an adequate response? :oops:



Had totally missed that one in the listing and certainly don't recall any for sale. Would've been a very nice pickup for anyone at the time.

When did you buy your set? (I'm not even going to ask "how much" for... ;))

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:33 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
Had totally missed that one in the listing and certainly don't recall any for sale. Would've been a very nice pickup for anyone at the time.

When did you buy your set? (I'm not even going to ask "how much" for... ;))




just looked up the journal pack:



Judges Guild Journal Value pack



it has a pic there (only small mind) and you can see the older journals - wow what a pickup!



i have been looking for this pack for about 18 months....still not seen one yet.



would certainly pay a fair sum for it.



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:40 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Oops, I hadn't spotted the previous crossing of messages...



Plaag wrote:Item Code: 1055

Title: The Judges Guild Journal Value Pack

Format: Contains journals I,J,K,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,12-21 and special combined issue Dungeoneer #19/Judges Guild Journal #22 (says that on the price sheet)

Does no one have or ever had one of these?



Wha.....? 8O



Erm, would "no" be an adequate response? :oops:



Had totally missed that one in the listing and certainly don't recall any for sale. Would've been a very nice pickup for anyone at the time.

When did you buy your set? (I'm not even going to ask "how much" for... ;))




I bought it some years back (I'd say maybe 5 or so) from Tony Zilz who owned the NY warehouse (which Fencert/Terry bought out) for I want to say something like around $10 (was face value minus 30-40% since I bought a good portion of stuff.)

I got most of the scifi and magazine value packs plus 1021 in that order as well (to bad he didn't have any of the other fantasy ones)



ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:45 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
I bought it some years back (I'd say maybe 5 or so) from Tony Zilz who owned the NY warehouse (which Fencert/Terry bought out) for I want to say something like around $10 (was face value minus 30-40% since I bought a good portion of stuff.)

I got most of the scifi and magazine value packs plus 1021 in that order as well (to bad he didn't have any of the other fantasy ones)



ShaneG.




well personally, after meandering through JG stuff for 18 months, bar for the dungeoneer value pack and 3 of the sci-fi ones, the other are all like gold dust. i have only seen one fantasy pack and shield2000 was selling it (for an OTT price imo) - i think they are more rare than most of the AD&D rares, tho the values are nothing similar and way more downscale.



this was why i wanted shane and us lot to try and work on some rarity scales.



Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:04 pm 
 

SWed fantasy value packs are probably hard to come by, the SciFi ones seem to still be around (I presume in part to the SciFi stuff not being popular)



I'd have to say though the rarest items have to be the shirts and button :wink: maybe that computer game as well..cause IO doesn't have them :lol: (or does he :?: )



ShaneG.



(Split this from the other topic due to going off on this topic more or less..and sorry Al but I just learned how to split a thread by trial and error and your initial post I deleted :? )

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:24 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
(Split this from the other topic due to going off on this topic more or less..and sorry Al but I just learned how to split a thread by trial and error and your initial post I deleted :? )




oh thanks for that shane :)



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:28 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:..and sorry Al but I just learned how to split a thread by trial and error and your initial post I deleted :? )


:lol:



=



*looks at new thread title*. Seems to be off-topic for that, too, or were you asking....? :)



IMO, a more appropriate thread title might've been "Nyah, nyah, nyah!" Image :D :P

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:29 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:..and sorry Al but I just learned how to split a thread by trial and error and your initial post I deleted :? )


:lol:



=



*looks at new thread title*. Seems to be off-topic for that, too, or were you asking....? :)



IMO, a more appropriate thread title might've been "Nyah, nyah, nyah!" [ Image ] :D :P




:lol:



ShaneG.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 268
Joined: Nov 07, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:03 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:Item Code: 1055

Title: The Judges Guild Journal Value Pack

Format: Contains journals I,J,K,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,12-21 and special combined issue Dungeoneer #19/Judges Guild Journal #22 (says that on the price sheet)

Course mine came with journal L and N also (I believe they were not listed due to the whole Journal N being mislabeled as #3)

Does no one have or ever had one of these?




I've got one still in the shrink, so I can't really verify the contents.  It looks like seven of the regular magazine format Journals and a big stack of the newspaper ones.  Mine looks like the one pictured on JG Codex... i.e. it states that it comes with Journals I, J, K, M, O, P, Q, R, S, T, 12-21 and Dungeoneer Journal 25.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:11 pm 
 

blackdougal wrote:
Plaag wrote:Item Code: 1055

Title: The Judges Guild Journal Value Pack

Format: Contains journals I,J,K,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,12-21 and special combined issue Dungeoneer #19/Judges Guild Journal #22 (says that on the price sheet)

Course mine came with journal L and N also (I believe they were not listed due to the whole Journal N being mislabeled as #3)

Does no one have or ever had one of these?




I've got one still in the shrink, so I can't really verify the contents. It looks like seven of the regular magazine format Journals and a big stack of the newspaper ones. Mine looks like the one pictured on JG Codex... i.e. it states that it comes with Journals I, J, K, M, O, P, Q, R, S, T, 12-21 and Dungeoneer Journal 25.




Do the journals have a black mark on them across the top or bottom (across the pages that is, not cover)?



ShaneG.

 WWW  
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 41, 2, 3, 4