Silliest auction price - Judges Guild!
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:55 pm 

faro wrote:Note to sellers: a good run of desirable items seems to help prices along very nicely (regardless of whether some are damp-affected, etc.).

e.g. Wraith Overlord;

Just finished at $26 ("Has some wear and dirt on cover from storage")
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8766624234

vs. the previous copy, sold at $7 ("Mint condition - This is a brand new supplement (with map) that is still in the original shrink wrap")
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8381547778

Hmm... $19 extra for grime? :?

The run of items and also a picture. It is easy to miss something as you are scrolling through listings if it is just text...and yes I still do all that crazy manual searching most of the time.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:56 pm 

Marlith wrote:
faro wrote:Note to sellers: a good run of desirable items seems to help prices along very nicely (regardless of whether some are damp-affected, etc.).

e.g. Wraith Overlord;

Just finished at $26 ("Has some wear and dirt on cover from storage")
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8766624234

vs. the previous copy, sold at $7 ("Mint condition - This is a brand new supplement (with map) that is still in the original shrink wrap")
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8381547778

Hmm... $19 extra for grime? :?

The run of items and also a picture. It is easy to miss something as you are scrolling through listings if it is just text...and yes I still do all that crazy manual searching most of the time.

I am sure that the one that that for $6 would have been bumped higher if it was in the right category as well. :wink:  Fiction books.......

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:

I am sure that the one that that for $6 would have been bumped higher if it was in the right category as well. :wink:  Fiction books.......

Didn't catch that  :oops:  So selling my antique books under tools/lawncare would not garner the best price    :?:  :twisted:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:47 pm 

A general search involving Judges Guild should still have turned it up.

I do not understand those guys who seem determined to have everyone miss their auction by using initials instead of words in the title.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:43 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am sure that the one that that for $6 would have been bumped higher if it was in the right category as well. :wink:  Fiction books.......

Well OK, they "normally" go for $15 or thereabouts, in good condition...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:45 pm 

Marlith wrote:Didn't catch that  :oops:  So selling my antique books under tools/lawncare would not garner the best price    :?:  :twisted:

I suppose it depends on whether there are any garden paths involved, or not? ;)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:37 am 

Hey, ho! $83 for Inferno. What d'ya think, Al? :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8398820229

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 am 

faro wrote:Hey, ho! $83 for Inferno. What d'ya think, Al? :)

wow! thats a record for an inferno that. that lofenloc drives prices up on stuff he/she bids on - seen em about quite a lot. so there you go david, you got a bargain inferno from my store then eh :D

i still have another there too i think and they are in better condition than that one on ebay thats for sure.

i dunno ppl make me laugh sometimes. they go bidding on that and could have bought one off me for less than half :) lol :D

*considers raising the price now*  :P

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:31 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
faro wrote:Hey, ho! $83 for Inferno. What d'ya think, Al? :)

wow! thats a record for an inferno that. that lofenloc drives prices up on stuff he/she bids on - seen em about quite a lot. so there you go david, you got a bargain inferno from my store then eh :D

i still have another there too i think and they are in better condition than that one on ebay thats for sure.

i dunno ppl make me laugh sometimes. they go bidding on that and could have bought one off me for less than half :) lol :D

*considers raising the price now*  :P

Al

I had a snipe in on that. I purposely put my snipe in at 81.00, thinking that no one else in their right mind would go any higher than that.

F**k.

Anyway, it was my snipe that drove lofenloc's price that high. I wanna say that I'd apologize to him, but um... nah. :D :D

Al, if you still have an Inferno up, can you point me to the link? I'll buy it off'n ya if it's < $40.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:44 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Al, if you still have an Inferno up, can you point me to the link? I'll buy it off'n ya if it's < $40.

Dungeons & Dragons (TSR, D&D, AD&D), Judges Guild, White Wolf, etc. for Collectors and Players

Looks like the same pic as the one I bought (after I finally got fed up of eBay and had a few other items to pick up from Al :))

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:52 pm 

faro wrote:
El Diablo Robotico wrote:Al, if you still have an Inferno up, can you point me to the link? I'll buy it off'n ya if it's < $40.

Dungeons & Dragons (TSR, D&D, AD&D), Judges Guild, White Wolf, etc. for Collectors and Players

Looks like the same pic as the one I bought (after I finally got fed up of eBay and had a few other items to pick up from Al :))

Thanks!

Al, you've made another sale.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:21 pm 

faro wrote:

both the inferno's looked exactly the same, so didnt see any point in doing 2 seperate pics tbh. i only do a pic if there is something clearly different and i wont diddle someone out of it like that. i am a lazy git like but hey :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:23 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Thanks!

Al, you've made another sale.

andy, top man! payment received. will parcel it and mail it tomorrow. if i dont do that now it wont get sent.

thanks once again. now i KNOW i have another inferno lying around somewhere, possibly two. just gotta find the feckers in amidst 10,000+ other JG books  :oops:

:) Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:26 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:thanks once again. now i KNOW i have another inferno lying around somewhere, possibly two. just gotta find the feckers in amidst 10,000+ other JG books  :oops:

Hey, whilst you have a customer on the hook why not try to do something about that? :o

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:35 pm 

faro wrote:Hey, whilst you have a customer on the hook why not try to do something about that? :o

oh man there aint no chance of getting near all that stuff right now. i have a treadmill in the middle of the floor and there is food scattered all over in bags where i am sorting them into days 1 to 7. as well as equipment and stuff all around right now until next week.

when i come back i will sort it :)

i aint like some who will grasp for every sale. if i have time then cool, if i dont then *shrugs* :)

two bargains had there anyway by the looks of things. shoots inferno up there with the big $ sellers in the JG arena thats for sure.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:48 pm 

oh well i found another inferno. had stuck it with some CSIO items i was looking at last time i was talking to shane about some queries. funnily enough just found a dark tower with it and about a half dozen wilderlands of the magic realms!!! woohooo! :)

just found my modrons and tegel manors too.

so i have stuck them on a shelf so i know where they are now. just so long as i dont file something in front or on top they wont go missing again :D

(famous last words)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:00 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:andy, top man! payment received. will parcel it and mail it tomorrow. if i dont do that now it wont get sent.

Sweet!!
killjoy32 wrote:just found my modrons and tegel manors too.

I saw your 1st printing Tegel on your store site. Do you have other printings? I'm sorta wanting to get a later printing (4th being my first choice, but will take a 3rd as well).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:03 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:just found my modrons and tegel manors too.

I saw your 1st printing on your store site. Do you have other printings? I'm sorta wanting to get a later printing (4th being my first choice, but will take a 3rd as well).

of what...Tegel or Modron?

i need to spend time now sorting through the mass of prints that shane has now created to see what mine now are, cos i havent a clue and havent kept up with his print engine :D

i have ummm lots of Modrons and Tegels and also lots of incomplete ones too, but dont have the time for a few weeks to sort them.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext