Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:47 am 

Got them..thanks

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:58 pm 

faro wrote:
Plaag wrote:Oh and what email did you send the scans to, nothing large showed up in my inbox or bulk mail folders.. just wondering.

At a guess, I don't think your bulk mail folder could've coped with 24 megs... :oops:

That particular sub definitely started with J; the included sheet and final sub letter marked on the address label confirm that.

david

have sent you a PM AND an e-mail. are you receiving them?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:27 pm 

Really?
eBay.com Item Bid History

I'd noted the Inferno was laminated, in passing.

Full description from the seller was
"cover has been covered in plastic laminate (some years ago) still fine, however the bottom staple came away from the cover and the pages have been sello taped to the cover to prevent any worsening - this tape is old now. The book holds together, but might need re-sticking etc. if it was to get a lot of use. of the three books, it's in the worse shape, but having said that it is ok given it's over 20 years old and was printed on cheaper stock."

Oh well... I suppose the worn-cover UK S1 makes up a bit of value, too.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:17 am 

yeah that is in pretty bad shape. shame really.

you just reminded me, i have an inferno to sell here....must make a mental note...actually scrub that, i will write the fecker down....

:P

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:01 pm 

faro wrote:Really?
eBay.com Item Bid History

I'd noted the Inferno was laminated, in passing.

Full description from the seller was
"cover has been covered in plastic laminate (some years ago) still fine, however the bottom staple came away from the cover and the pages have been sello taped to the cover to prevent any worsening - this tape is old now. The book holds together, but might need re-sticking etc. if it was to get a lot of use. of the three books, it's in the worse shape, but having said that it is ok given it's over 20 years old and was printed on cheaper stock."

Oh well... I suppose the worn-cover UK S1 makes up a bit of value, too.

As the buy I am less than happy to see that. I guess I missed the post here about it. I may contact the seller and explore my options as it were. I want an Inferno but I hate it when sellers are less than honest. Now I know why there were not more people from here bidding.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:29 pm 

Marlith wrote:As the buy I am less than happy to see that. I guess I missed the post here about it. I may contact the seller and explore my options as it were. I want an Inferno but I hate it when sellers are less than honest. Now I know why there were not more people from here bidding.

and tbh, inferno is rare-ish enough to easily sell it on its own. it always gets a decent price and there is always a batch of peeps after it.

the seller should have really sold it on its own anyway imo but hey. could always keep it until a better one comes along.

fwiw, the book covering of inferno is that card stuff that doesnt fold too well. if you keep using it for a while, the spine will easily split.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:01 pm 

Marlith wrote:As the buy I am less than happy to see that. I guess I missed the post here about it. I may contact the seller and explore my options as it were. I want an Inferno but I hate it when sellers are less than honest. Now I know why there were not more people from here bidding.

Aside from the price already being close to too high, even if it was in better condition?

My post re. the condition of the Inferno is higher up this page.
Difficult to say the seller was dishonest: just a very small scan with no claims re. condition at all. :?
Have been disappointed by the likes of that often enough before not to have asked them for a better description.

I still had a (low) bid in on the lot, so it wouldn't have been "best practice" to overdo telling everyone it's a mess and then win it myself... :oops:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:47 pm 

Note to sellers: a good run of desirable items seems to help prices along very nicely (regardless of whether some are damp-affected, etc.).

e.g. Wraith Overlord;

Just finished at $26 ("Has some wear and dirt on cover from storage")
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8766624234

vs. the previous copy, sold at $7 ("Mint condition - This is a brand new supplement (with map) that is still in the original shrink wrap")
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8381547778

Hmm... $19 extra for grime? :?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:55 pm 

faro wrote:Note to sellers: a good run of desirable items seems to help prices along very nicely (regardless of whether some are damp-affected, etc.).

e.g. Wraith Overlord;

vs. the previous copy, sold at $7 ("Mint condition - This is a brand new supplement (with map) that is still in the original shrink wrap")

The run of items and also a picture. It is easy to miss something as you are scrolling through listings if it is just text...and yes I still do all that crazy manual searching most of the time.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:56 pm 

Marlith wrote:
faro wrote:Note to sellers: a good run of desirable items seems to help prices along very nicely (regardless of whether some are damp-affected, etc.).

e.g. Wraith Overlord;

The run of items and also a picture. It is easy to miss something as you are scrolling through listings if it is just text...and yes I still do all that crazy manual searching most of the time.

I am sure that the one that that for $6 would have been bumped higher if it was in the right category as well. :wink:  Fiction books.......

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:

I am sure that the one that that for $6 would have been bumped higher if it was in the right category as well. :wink:  Fiction books.......

Didn't catch that  :oops:  So selling my antique books under tools/lawncare would not garner the best price    :?:  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:47 pm 

A general search involving Judges Guild should still have turned it up.

I do not understand those guys who seem determined to have everyone miss their auction by using initials instead of words in the title.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:43 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am sure that the one that that for $6 would have been bumped higher if it was in the right category as well. :wink:  Fiction books.......

Well OK, they "normally" go for $15 or thereabouts, in good condition...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:45 pm 

Marlith wrote:Didn't catch that  :oops:  So selling my antique books under tools/lawncare would not garner the best price    :?:  :twisted:

I suppose it depends on whether there are any garden paths involved, or not? ;)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:37 am 

Hey, ho! $83 for Inferno. What d'ya think, Al? :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8398820229

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 am 

faro wrote:Hey, ho! $83 for Inferno. What d'ya think, Al? :)

wow! thats a record for an inferno that. that lofenloc drives prices up on stuff he/she bids on - seen em about quite a lot. so there you go david, you got a bargain inferno from my store then eh :D

i still have another there too i think and they are in better condition than that one on ebay thats for sure.

i dunno ppl make me laugh sometimes. they go bidding on that and could have bought one off me for less than half :) lol :D

*considers raising the price now*  :P

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:31 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
faro wrote:Hey, ho! $83 for Inferno. What d'ya think, Al? :)

wow! thats a record for an inferno that. that lofenloc drives prices up on stuff he/she bids on - seen em about quite a lot. so there you go david, you got a bargain inferno from my store then eh :D

i still have another there too i think and they are in better condition than that one on ebay thats for sure.

i dunno ppl make me laugh sometimes. they go bidding on that and could have bought one off me for less than half :) lol :D

*considers raising the price now*  :P

Al

I had a snipe in on that. I purposely put my snipe in at 81.00, thinking that no one else in their right mind would go any higher than that.

F**k.

Anyway, it was my snipe that drove lofenloc's price that high. I wanna say that I'd apologize to him, but um... nah. :D :D

Al, if you still have an Inferno up, can you point me to the link? I'll buy it off'n ya if it's < $40.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:44 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Al, if you still have an Inferno up, can you point me to the link? I'll buy it off'n ya if it's < $40.

Dungeons & Dragons (TSR, D&D, AD&D), Judges Guild, White Wolf, etc. for Collectors and Players

Looks like the same pic as the one I bought (after I finally got fed up of eBay and had a few other items to pick up from Al :))

PreviousNext