Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:40 pm 

:lol:

And a repeat performance to follow, too! :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:43 pm 

Okay, I am assuming that the above reference is this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8751778132

Why in the hell did this go for this much???? Am I missing something here???

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:43 pm 

White "I" booklet. I presume Shane deliberately pointed out the auction early in the hope no-one would notice.

That was clearly a case of "I know you're going to buy at any price; OK, feel free...".

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:47 pm 

I'm done honest..and glad I got my state tax return!
Course the Character Codex isn't to bad..1st print average $66 so 3rd/2nd in SW (+50% you know :wink: ) is around $100.
Then there is this latest one..shall see if I got what I think I bought..(and a big hello to David :) )

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:49 pm 

faro wrote:White "I" booklet. I presume Shane deliberately pointed out the auction early in the hope no-one would notice.

That was clearly a case of "I know you're going to buy at any price; OK, feel free...".

Hmm, interesting to say the least. :?   I wonder who "Richard" is, the one who asked about the BIN?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:51 pm 

Plaag wrote:I'm done honest..

Are you sure? *eyes you warily*

Yes, I'm 90%+ certain genuine, but its totally out of its original context, unfortunately.
Mike/IOs original postmarked "I" installments with yellow "I"s are clear enough witness to that, I think.

Audacious strategy and win, Shane.
I hope you won't be tempted to bid $200+ on the next one, too? ;)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:53 pm 

Plaag wrote:1st print average $66 so 3rd/2nd in SW (+50% you know :wink: ) is around $100.

JG... shrinkwrap... *snorts* :twisted:

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:54 pm 

faro wrote:White "I" booklet. I presume Shane deliberately pointed out the auction early in the hope no-one would notice.

Actually..it did not dawn on me..I was only looking at getting the journals for Al and had bookmarked the other one #5 (labeled #3) to check on. Then low and behold yesterday I look to see if both are not bid on, and I see $35 and am like damn thats high. Curiousity I look at that auction, see Titan's response and a bidders question about a BIN and then things started to click.

Reread IOs message on the white booklet I, then looked at the maps and double checked them with all my copies from anything that had those or similiar..they are different in that text along the outer edge is either missing or in a different place..so I was like heck its a done deal.

If I'd recognized that earlier I'd never have posted the auction..course would be kicking myself for missing the obvious...Now I can relax..

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:56 pm 

Oh and sorry Al..didn't even try for the other Journal, I was so caught up in the other auction (but I have a Journal I for you now)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:59 pm 

Plaag wrote:Then low and behold yesterday I look to see if both are not bid on, and I see $35 and am like damn thats high. Curiousity I look at that auction, see Titan's response and a bidders question about a BIN and then things started to click.

Heh, heh... Damn! :D

Actually, what's "high" about $35? Good condition Guide Books have gone for way over that.
I suspect the other bidders were unaware, too.

Oh, and if anyone knows "Richard", please drop me a PM so I can pass them on a "thank you" note ;)

Plaag wrote:Reread IOs message on the white booklet I, then looked at the maps and double checked them with all my copies from anything that had those or similiar..they are different in that text along the outer edge is either missing or in a different place..so I was like heck its a done deal.

The copyright date is clearly missing.

Plaag wrote:If I'd recognized that earlier I'd never have posted the auction..course would be kicking myself for missing the obvious...Now I can relax..

Apart from the hole in the bank account?

Nah; I'd've said that was a good strategy, since you'd've been certain of an immediate dismissal response from Al, followed by everyone else discounting the auction at a later date.
As appeared to have happened (barring hidden snipes).

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:00 pm 

Plaag wrote:Oh and sorry Al..didn't even try for the other Journal, I was so caught up in the other auction (but I have a Journal I for you now)

ShaneG.

Did you pick up the other one Titan had at $9.99, too?
Almost bearable with combined shipping... :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:03 pm 

faro wrote:
Plaag wrote:Oh and sorry Al..didn't even try for the other Journal, I was so caught up in the other auction (but I have a Journal I for you now)

ShaneG.

Did you pick up the other one Titan had at $9.99, too?
Almost bearable with combined shipping... :)

Nope, but I did. :wink:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Nope, but I did. :wink:

*g*. That was quick!

(Well, "quick" after the current context, rather than that it had been there for ages, being actively shunned by Al...).

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:07 pm 

*reads the 1/17 notes on Titan's auction*

Looks like I've got myself to blame, too, since I asked several times for them to confirm that the items were genuine (since there were already xeroxed maps, there).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:08 pm 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Nope, but I did. :wink:

*g*. That was quick!

(Well, "quick" after the current context, rather than that it had been there for ages, being actively shunned by Al...).

I was actually looking at the "silly" auction and was consdiering bidding on it.  I didn't even realize that the key item was the white booklet until you just pointed it out, but I did notice the Journal #1 with the $10 BIN.  I was teetering back and forth on that for awhile earlier this morning and I finally just decided to pull the trigger. :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:15 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I was actually looking at the "silly" auction and was consdiering bidding on it. I didn't even realize that the key item was the white booklet until you just pointed it out

If Shane's happy to stick with his timeline ( History of Judges Guild ) which would suggest that white "I"s should be relatively common, that's up to him.
I've pointed out, before (referring back to Mike/IOs postmarked copies) why that doesn't tally, and why the white copies are rarer.

Now would be a good time to change that to mirror the actual evidence, of course... :)

bclarkie wrote:, but I did notice the Journal #1 with the $10 BIN. I was teetering back and forth on that for awhile earlier this morning and I finally just decided to pull the trigger. :)

Yeah, it did pop up on the screen shouting "buy me" didn't it? :P

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:20 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I didn't even realize that the key item was the white booklet until you just pointed it out

(oh, I forgot to add; the original maps might be interesting, too. Depends on how much that auction lot was pieced together...).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:32 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Hmm, interesting to say the least. :?  I wonder who "Richard" is, the one who asked about the BIN?

Could be Richard Maloney, Acaeum member from Australia.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext