Silliest auction price - Judges Guild!
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:32 am 

Okay, I just had to post this cuz of the BIN...

cgi.ebay.com/DUNGEONS-DRAGONS-ORIGINAL- ... dZViewItem

Makes me snicker.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:22 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Okay, I just had to post this cuz of the BIN...

cgi.ebay.com/DUNGEONS-DRAGONS-ORIGINAL- ... dZViewItem

Makes me snicker.

lol yeah the BIN is a bit OTT for that aint it. mind you its potentially a 1st print which is nice, so if you can get it for $10-$15 that would be cool - mind you the tear at the bottom sucks, so maybe >$10

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:42 pm 

Notice the seller isn't selling the books in the photos with it, and that he's also selling the same book in the larger lot. The seller said he split the lot but couldn't be bothered taking more photos and sorry for any confusion. What an assh.le!

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:43 am 

I admire this guy's moxey.  He wants top dollar and he asks for it.  I hope he doesn't get it...but I admire him trying.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:07 pm 

Did I miss something here ? If so it may be time to dig out the boxes I have stuffed with JG shrink...I must have a couple of these.

Still Shrink Wrapped Judges Guild Character Codex 87 | eBay

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:15 pm 

Daimajin wrote:Did I miss something here ? If so it may be time to dig out the boxes I have stuffed with JG shrink...I must have a couple of these.

Oh Shane.... Shane, <looks around>

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:05 pm 

Daimajin wrote:Did I miss something here ? If so it may be time to dig out the boxes I have stuffed with JG shrink...I must have a couple of these.

unless some slipped under the radar that i didnt see, that is the first one of them i have seen in a year

and the other two that finished last week or so, were also the first ones i have seen in over a year.

for JG collectors, these are defo on a 4 scale at least, quite possibly 5 really. they are damn hard to get hold of.

if i had have seen that earlier i would have bid too.

dunno if its worth THAT much mind. that must verge almost on the highest price i have seen for a JG item. Ian sold his CSIO for £70.

mind you, for research, its worth every penny.

good win shane!

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:09 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:mind you, for research, its worth every penny.

How do you research a shrinkwrapped book? :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:15 pm 

faro wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:mind you, for research, its worth every penny.

How do you research a shrinkwrapped book? :twisted:

faro: knowing shane, it wont be shrinkwrapped 5 mins after he has it in his hands :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:55 pm 

Hell yeah, its open when I get it! :)
Now I knew this was going to go for a good amount seeing as the other bidder had bid on the other 2 1st prints increasing the highest bid amount each time. I hoped with how the 2 1st prints went, someone would post another (and glad it was a different print)
So yeah, its worth it for research, and if someone has one.. offer it to the 2nd place bidder...and if you have the blue cover copy I'll buy that. :wink: (Have to update #87 next update)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:50 pm 

Plaag wrote:Hell yeah, its open when I get it! :)
Now I knew this was going to go for a good amount seeing as the other bidder had bid on the other 2 1st prints increasing the highest bid amount each time. I hoped with how the 2 1st prints went, someone would post another (and glad it was a different print)
So yeah, its worth it for research, and if someone has one.. offer it to the 2nd place bidder...and if you have the blue cover copy I'll buy that. :wink: (Have to update #87 next update)

ShaneG.

shane

keep tabs on the prints and the prices chummer as i will be msging you shortly with this.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:36 pm 

I bought my copy of the Character Codex from Noble Knight about four months ago...for about $15.

I beiieve that this is the only copy I have ever seen with a color cover.  Is it possibly a color insert, or do we have more than one edition?

Mark

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:51 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I bought my copy of the Character Codex from Noble Knight about four months ago...for about $15.

I beiieve that this is the only copy I have ever seen with a color cover. Is it possibly a color insert, or do we have more than one edition?

Mark

Don't know..items are rare in that they don't come up often. What is the product list called in your copy and what is the highest humber it goes up to?

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:30 pm 

i think there are two prints at least. two were up a few weeks back (havent got the item no's to hand)...both went for $50+

the one shane won looks different, which tells me two prints straight away.

just on the point tho in relation to rare. just cos something is rare, doesnt mean its worth tons of money.

one of the rarest items HAS to be the trek-80 thing. doesnt mean anyone would pay more than $2 for it tho :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:50 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i think there are two prints at least. two were up a few weeks back (havent got the item no's to hand)...both went for $50+

the one shane won looks different, which tells me two prints straight away.

The two sold by the same seller (both 1st prints) went for $53 (mine) and I believe $78+. There are 3 prints, which I should have updated on the site by end of week. Other then the 1st though (with Booty List upto 93) I'm only going by what JG87-Character Codex has them at currently (shall be a couple of weeks till I recieve the SWed '3rd'. While on the topic, the 1st print has 112 pages (so am wondeing if the other 2 have 96 pages)

killjoy32 wrote:just on the point tho in relation to rare. just cos something is rare, doesnt mean its worth tons of money.

one of the rarest items HAS to be the trek-80 thing. doesnt mean anyone would pay more than $2 for it tho :D

Al

Point 1: Things are worth only what you would pay for it.

Point 2: Uh no more then $2 huh...no comment :wink:

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:37 pm 

$78, yes. Only one frustrated losing bidder pushing up the prices.

Plaag wrote:Point 1: Things are worth only what you would pay for it.

Things are worth only what you can get for them. Different perspective.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:54 pm 

Plaag wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:I bought my copy of the Character Codex from Noble Knight about four months ago...for about $15.

I beiieve that this is the only copy I have ever seen with a color cover. Is it possibly a color insert, or do we have more than one edition?

Mark

Don't know..items are rare in that they don't come up often. What is the product list called in your copy and what is the highest humber it goes up to?

ShaneG.

I did not count the pages, but 96 sounds right...wait...it SAYS 96 pages right on the cover!  (So much for my powers of observation!)

The product list is called the "Treasure Vault."  The highest product number on it is #270, Spies of Lightelf.

My copy is pretty good, but it obviously sat on somebody's game shelf for a few years.  I quite like it.   :)

The price is $4.50 and the product number and price appear on the top left of the cover, just above the cover art.  

Mark

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:56 pm 

To clarify...my copy does not have the color insert....but this may have been discarded long ago.

Mark

Next