d20 Wilderlands Box Set up fro preorder
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:22 pm 

Plaag wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:almost worth picking one up just for that imo.... but then d20 *shudders* :D

Al..join the d20 side... it is your DESTINY!!! :twisted:

ShaneG.

i wouldnt join the d20 side if that was the only RPG item left in the world to buy to complete the ultimate collection. the whole system just feels wrong to me. the material itself looks fine enough....just the rules and stats etc....

going d20 style on JG is almost like blasphemy :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:28 pm 

Would you do it for a Klondike Bar?

:lol:

ShaneG.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:30 pm 

I like every single incarnation of the D&D game, my favorites being OD&D, Rules Cyclopedia and 3.0/5 D&D. I saw the Wilderlands of High Fantasy Boxed Set as a formidable opportunity to have a complete "old school" setting (as opposed to modules) make it to 3.5.

As a result, I now have a copy of said boxed set. I am as far from disappointed as is possibly imaginable. That is, I am very, very satisfied with what I now have. I was really amazed at the amount of stuff the box contains: It is really full-full with two large softcover books and the 18 Wilderlands fold-up maps. I also received the Wilderlands Players Handbook, and I must say it'll be quite useful for the beginners with the setting.

Really, I get the feeling of having the best of both worlds. Sure, I wouldn't mind playing the setting with earlier editions, but that feels good to have all the opportunities laid before me by the Judges Guild. :D

Benoist Poiré

Iron Liege for the Iron League

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:58 am 

*Speaks Like a Zombie*    

"Yes, we love D20.  Must play D20.  Must get others to play.  Play very much a lot D20.  I am to be very much happy with D20 to be playing."

Yes, the D20 pods have struck me.  I play it because that is what the players want.  They buy me the books...so...you know...had to do it.

Mark    8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:31 am 

MShipley88 wrote:*Speaks Like a Zombie*  

"Yes, we love D20. Must play D20. Must get others to play. Play very much a lot D20. I am to be very much happy with D20 to be playing."

Yes, the D20 pods have struck me. I play it because that is what the players want. They buy me the books...so...you know...had to do it.

Mark  8)

i think the new wilderlands box set will prb be quite cool....for a read. thats the only reason that i would get it, so as to peruse and compare the content with the older material.

the one reason i like JG so much is the old-school style in which the material is presented. i like to mould things to my own way anyway, so the material suits me perfect.

the only thing i can say about d20 is "phooey* . there is a thread elsewhere in relation to a d20 tomb of horrors. now that sums up d20 perfectly for me.

anytime i mentioned "S1" to the players, the look on their faces spoke volumes, cos they knew it was almost certain death. now? pretty mucha breeze in the park for the d20 players with super-dooper powerups.

nah sorry...thanks but no thanks.

great concept i guess, but it just doesnt do it for me.

it IS nice tho to see a resurgence of Judges Guild - and may they stick around for a while.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous