Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 56 of 95123 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 939495
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:16 am 

Check this out. Seller Ousmay is selling 100 + JG items starting at 99 cents. I bought a fair few items from him maybe three years ago and had not seen a listing for ages. Looks like he is going to sell off his stock in bulk:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Shipping for fifty pounds of books to Australia is ....hmmmm.... let me see $200!  If I win the lot for 99c, I could probably fill some gaps in my collection and make it pay for itself as long I could sell the extras for about $5 each!   :scratch:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:29 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Check this out. Seller Ousmay is selling 100 + JG items starting at 99 cents. I bought a fair few items from him maybe three years ago and had not seen a listing for ages. Looks like he is going to sell off his stock in bulk:

Shipping for fifty pounds of books to Australia is ....hmmmm.... let me see $200!  If I win the lot for 99c, I could probably fill some gaps in my collection and make it pay for itself as long I could sell the extras for about $5 each!   :scratch:

not a bad lot - its pretty much all the common stuff and a few nice bits. a perfect item to buy if someone wants the majority of the stuff in one foul swoop for sure!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:05 pm 

Yeah, good starting lot..not so for breaking up to sell though.

Oh and shipping is only $25 for me :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:09 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Another Judges guild button 8O

Am asking Bill Owen about the sticker, mainly to see if its original or something newer.  While not to surprised about the button given how well the others did, am almost glad to see people saved them for this long.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:41 pm 

Plaag wrote:Am asking Bill Owen about the sticker, mainly to see if its original or something newer.

The sticker should be genuine enough even if it's not apparently a perfect match from the low-res scan. It would be interesting to know where the seller got that from since at a casual glance in a miscellaneous lot it might be more likely to be taken for a homebrew item.
I'm guessing it might've been acquired at a con (interesting dating given their only other JG item listed?) but double-checking with them to see whether the other "distinguishing feature" matches with the possibility that it might be a "production run" (!) if those here are test copies.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:15 pm 

Well learned something again from Bill, its the newer title: It is the ‘newer' Olde English logo. The original logo was a bit finer and less ‘bold'. It had 2 serifs on the left side of the "J" and a high serif on the top of the "s' ...the newer version had 1 serif on the J and not much of a serif on the "s".
Which got me to checking quick and seems #113 began the change (the older version does still make its way into later years due to reprints)
Also the shield around the flying Pegasus was added with #114.

Owen said this about that sticker: "The main thing that makes the bumper sticker look fishy is the tight register ...the ‘g' is almost off the edge & not centered... And black ink. You can see a sticker I made for Bob just a few years ago at: https://www.cafepress.com/judgesguild.19057817 "

So hope to find out any info from the seller about it, or the winner of the auction.  But really, the sticker is not the main draw for that auction :)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:04 pm 

Thanks for checking, Shane.

Plaag wrote:Owen said this about that sticker: "The main thing that makes the bumper sticker look fishy is the tight register ...the ‘g' is almost off the edge & not centered... And black ink. You can see a sticker I made for Bob just a few years ago at: https://www.cafepress.com/judgesguild.19057817 "

Hmm... didn't think to look there first! Rather smoother font, somewhat closer to the one up for sale.

Edited pics of known "genuine items", fwiw (was on the list to check for official vs. semi-official status, along with a few other bits-and-bobs). Will let you know if I hear back from the seller on those other queries for the record.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:49 pm 

Plaag wrote:So hope to find out any info from the seller about it, or the winner of the auction.

OK; I've heard back from the seller and regardless of being off-centre and slightly different in minor details, will stick with that being genuine albeit of uncertain date and relationship to those other bumper stickers.
They correctly described the other features I was looking for which gets a "thumbs up" in conjunction with those other JG items for sale and that they believed it had been sent with one of their mail orders. (For obvious reasons, it's probably best not to mention those "features" just now, especially if there's more than one type of genuine bumper sticker).

Ah; I love the smell of JG trivia in the morning... :D

Regards,
David.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:11 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Check this out. Seller Ousmay is selling 100 + JG items starting at 99 cents. I bought a fair few items from him maybe three years ago and had not seen a listing for ages. Looks like he is going to sell off his stock in bulk:

IF you had no other JG stuff...and wanted to kick your collection off in a big way....the $200 shipping would still be a bargain...if anything in game collecting can be called a "bargain."

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:53 am 

faro wrote:OK; I've heard back from the seller and regardless of being off-centre and slightly different in minor details, will stick with that being genuine albeit of uncertain date and relationship to those other bumper stickers.
They correctly described the other features I was looking for which gets a "thumbs up" in conjunction with those other JG items for sale and that they believed it had been sent with one of their mail orders. (For obvious reasons, it's probably best not to mention those "features" just now, especially if there's more than one type of genuine bumper sticker).

Ah; I love the smell of JG trivia in the morning... :D

Regards,
David.

Indeed!

Looked up the company and paper info the seller provided and seems that company was bought in 1994 so that puts a date before Bill Owen's sticker and so seems like its the real deal.  And to think I have a page started for these things already. ;)
Well since you have one, could you tell me the dimensions on it and also does the sellers new information confirm the same company/paper printed on the back of yours?

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:52 am 

Yep; that was one of the details I was checking on to confirm genuine, above.

IMHO probably best not to note (in full, at least) that or other relevant points on the listing since these bumper stickers would be absurdly easy to duplicate to "eBay auction picture" standards, especially if there are already known to be at least two genuine "varieties".

(Spot on) 10 3/4" x 1 3/4" for those other two.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:15 am 

Spring 1980 catalog, with (unaddressed) mailing cover:  

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:12 am 

This is a great JG lot. It has 19 items including: Dark Tower, Tegel Manor, Temple of Ra, Tower of Ulission and a Revised CSIO.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:51 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:This is a great JG lot. It has 19 items including: Dark Tower, Tegel Manor, Temple of Ra, Tower of Ulission and a Revised CSIO.

Grrr... I just wish they broke up the auction.  I always get annoyed when I see something I want, but I would also have to buy tons of stuff in the lot that already own or don't want, in order to get it.

Oh well.  :)

~Kat  ^_^

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:13 pm 

Holy monkey! If I could buy RPG stuff, I would be buying that! But, alas, I have to wait until November...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:14 pm 

Katchoo wrote:
Grrr... I just wish they broke up the auction.  I always get annoyed when I see something I want, but I would also have to buy tons of stuff in the lot that already own or don't want, in order to get it.

Oh well.  :)

~Kat  ^_^

That's be Inferno then?  :D  :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:15 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:That's be Inferno then?  :D  :lol:

ahem

there will be quite a few folk stomping all over that lot

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:18 pm 

You don't need one, Alan. You've got enough already.  :D
Whatever happended to that illeged reprint/expansion thing? Was it just a pipe dream?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 56 of 95123 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 939495