Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 50 of 85123 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 838485
Author


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2039
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 14, 2019
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:25 pm 
 

Seller gamedesign4u has some really interesting JG items including a character codex, Installments K and I, Journal 8, and some unique items.

eBay listings

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 266
Joined: Aug 26, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2017
Location: Nevada, TX

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:43 pm 
 

I was very please to win the auction for the Judges Guild button.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... amp;ih=019

It is such a rare piece to come by for a JG collector.  I was bumbed when I got stomped in the auction for the first pin that Bill Owen put up.

Anyway, I recieved the pin today.  I was surprised to find it is about the size of a half dollar.  For some reason the photos I have seen have always left me with the impression that the button was much bigger.  Funny how you get such impressions without any real basis for them.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4475
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:49 pm 
 

leadjunkie wrote:I was very please to win the auction for the Judges Guild button.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... amp;ih=019

It is such a rare piece to come by for a JG collector.  I was bumbed when I got stomped in the auction for the first pin that Bill Owen put up.

Anyway, I recieved the pin today.  I was surprised to find it is about the size of a half dollar.  For some reason the photos I have seen have always left me with the impression that the button was much bigger.  Funny how you get such impressions without any real basis for them.


Wear it with pride, or well probably display it someplace safe.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 266
Joined: Aug 26, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 04, 2017
Location: Nevada, TX

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:57 am 
 

Any idea what Bill is offering here?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... amp;ih=019

There is no installment I.  The contents he lists don't match Initial Package (formerly identified as Initial Subscription).

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 482
Joined: May 12, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2020

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:32 am 
 

leadjunkie wrote:Any idea what Bill is offering here?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... amp;ih=019

There is no installment I.  The contents he lists don't match Initial Package (formerly identified as Initial Subscription).


Looks like the City State of the Invincible Overlord Playing Aid without the Thunderhold and Sunstone Caverns parts, the Player's City Map, or the Cover Sheet, plus the Men & Monsters Attacking Charts. See:

City State of the Invincible Overlord Playing Aid

This campaign setting includes:
Guide to the City State (Included in auction)
orange/brown Booklet I (Included in auction)
Huge City State Map (Included in auction)
Dungeon Level Maps I: Levels 1-5 (Included in auction)
Booklet J (Not included in auction)
City State Player Map (Not included in auction)
Thunderhold/Sunstone Cavern Map (Not included in auction)
Dungeon Level Maps J: Levels 1-4 (Not included in auction)
Men & Monsters Attacking Charts (Not in 0012, but included in auction)

By the looks of it, this is what Bill has left of his personal copy of 0012, minus the Thunderhold (sold separately in an earlier auction, IIRC), and the player's map (probably long gone in a game somewhere). And he threw in the M&M sheets as a bonus or because he had then filed with this and doesn't remember any different (after nearly 30 years, I can see that happening)...

Oh, and if it was his personal copy, he may never have had the cover sheet or plastic bag... he probably got the first off the press or out of the box...


James

*************
James Mishler
James Mishler Games

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2020

Post Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:20 pm 
 


** expired eBay auction **



RPG Realms edition of Dark Tower.  On Buy-It-Now


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2039
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 14, 2019
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:39 pm 
 

Bill has put up a lot more unique pre-pub JG items. It would be worth copying down all the item descriptions as there is a lot of JG history in there:

eBay listings

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4475
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:34 pm 
 

I've been doing that, he's a font of knowledge on and off Ebay.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 17, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:15 pm 
 

Another Judges guild button 8O


** expired eBay auction **


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2020

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:12 pm 
 

Arrrgh!  I've been foiled by that fiend named i***i!


** expired eBay auction **


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2039
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 14, 2019
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:16 am 
 

Check this out. Seller Ousmay is selling 100 + JG items starting at 99 cents. I bought a fair few items from him maybe three years ago and had not seen a listing for ages. Looks like he is going to sell off his stock in bulk:


** expired eBay auction **


Shipping for fifty pounds of books to Australia is ....hmmmm.... let me see $200!  If I win the lot for 99c, I could probably fill some gaps in my collection and make it pay for itself as long I could sell the extras for about $5 each!   :scratch:

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:29 am 
 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Check this out. Seller Ousmay is selling 100 + JG items starting at 99 cents. I bought a fair few items from him maybe three years ago and had not seen a listing for ages. Looks like he is going to sell off his stock in bulk:


** expired eBay auction **


Shipping for fifty pounds of books to Australia is ....hmmmm.... let me see $200!  If I win the lot for 99c, I could probably fill some gaps in my collection and make it pay for itself as long I could sell the extras for about $5 each!   :scratch:


not a bad lot - its pretty much all the common stuff and a few nice bits. a perfect item to buy if someone wants the majority of the stuff in one foul swoop for sure!

Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4475
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:05 pm 
 

Yeah, good starting lot..not so for breaking up to sell though.

Oh and shipping is only $25 for me :)

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4475
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:09 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:Another Judges guild button 8O


** expired eBay auction **


Am asking Bill Owen about the sticker, mainly to see if its original or something newer.  While not to surprised about the button given how well the others did, am almost glad to see people saved them for this long.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:41 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:Am asking Bill Owen about the sticker, mainly to see if its original or something newer.

The sticker should be genuine enough even if it's not apparently a perfect match from the low-res scan. It would be interesting to know where the seller got that from since at a casual glance in a miscellaneous lot it might be more likely to be taken for a homebrew item.
I'm guessing it might've been acquired at a con (interesting dating given their only other JG item listed?) but double-checking with them to see whether the other "distinguishing feature" matches with the possibility that it might be a "production run" (!) if those here are test copies.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4475
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:15 pm 
 

Well learned something again from Bill, its the newer title: It is the ‘newer' Olde English logo. The original logo was a bit finer and less ‘bold'. It had 2 serifs on the left side of the "J" and a high serif on the top of the "s' ...the newer version had 1 serif on the J and not much of a serif on the "s".
Which got me to checking quick and seems #113 began the change (the older version does still make its way into later years due to reprints)
Also the shield around the flying Pegasus was added with #114.

Owen said this about that sticker: "The main thing that makes the bumper sticker look fishy is the tight register ...the ‘g' is almost off the edge & not centered... And black ink. You can see a sticker I made for Bob just a few years ago at: https://www.cafepress.com/judgesguild.19057817 "

So hope to find out any info from the seller about it, or the winner of the auction.  But really, the sticker is not the main draw for that auction :)

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:04 pm 
 

Thanks for checking, Shane.

Plaag wrote:Owen said this about that sticker: "The main thing that makes the bumper sticker look fishy is the tight register ...the ‘g' is almost off the edge & not centered... And black ink. You can see a sticker I made for Bob just a few years ago at: https://www.cafepress.com/judgesguild.19057817 "

Hmm... didn't think to look there first! Rather smoother font, somewhat closer to the one up for sale.

Edited pics of known "genuine items", fwiw (was on the list to check for official vs. semi-official status, along with a few other bits-and-bobs). Will let you know if I hear back from the seller on those other queries for the record.

Image


"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:49 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:So hope to find out any info from the seller about it, or the winner of the auction.

OK; I've heard back from the seller and regardless of being off-centre and slightly different in minor details, will stick with that being genuine albeit of uncertain date and relationship to those other bumper stickers.
They correctly described the other features I was looking for which gets a "thumbs up" in conjunction with those other JG items for sale and that they believed it had been sent with one of their mail orders. (For obvious reasons, it's probably best not to mention those "features" just now, especially if there's more than one type of genuine bumper sticker).

Ah; I love the smell of JG trivia in the morning... :D

Regards,
David.


"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2020

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:11 am 
 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Check this out. Seller Ousmay is selling 100 + JG items starting at 99 cents. I bought a fair few items from him maybe three years ago and had not seen a listing for ages. Looks like he is going to sell off his stock in bulk:


** expired eBay auction **


Shipping for fifty pounds of books to Australia is ....hmmmm.... let me see $200!  If I win the lot for 99c, I could probably fill some gaps in my collection and make it pay for itself as long I could sell the extras for about $5 each!   :scratch:


IF you had no other JG stuff...and wanted to kick your collection off in a big way....the $200 shipping would still be a bargain...if anything in game collecting can be called a "bargain."


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4475
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:53 am 
 

faro wrote:OK; I've heard back from the seller and regardless of being off-centre and slightly different in minor details, will stick with that being genuine albeit of uncertain date and relationship to those other bumper stickers.
They correctly described the other features I was looking for which gets a "thumbs up" in conjunction with those other JG items for sale and that they believed it had been sent with one of their mail orders. (For obvious reasons, it's probably best not to mention those "features" just now, especially if there's more than one type of genuine bumper sticker).

Ah; I love the smell of JG trivia in the morning... :D

Regards,
David.


Indeed!

Looked up the company and paper info the seller provided and seems that company was bought in 1994 so that puts a date before Bill Owen's sticker and so seems like its the real deal.  And to think I have a page started for these things already. ;)
Well since you have one, could you tell me the dimensions on it and also does the sellers new information confirm the same company/paper printed on the back of yours?

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 50 of 85123 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 838485