Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:34 am 

killjoy32 wrote:oh arent we just :)

this really is gonna be a lot of fun :D

*watches the marker bid being placed*. Good timing...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:41 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:oh arent we just :)

this really is gonna be a lot of fun :D

*watches the marker bid being placed*. Good timing...

well its like everything else, i know how much i wanna pay and will go to that. some things i want more than others, so...who knows.

all good fun.

Al :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:10 am 

1st print runequest: broken tree inn - not often you see one of these....a lot scarcer then the 2nd prints:

Judges Guild: Role-Playing | eBay

a nice astigars lair (shameless plug)

Ad&d Module: Advanced Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

another ot terry's map sets

new wilderlands of high fantasy d20 box set

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:53 am 

harami2000 wrote:May be of interest...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5240655846

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5240639723 *g*

(Means that I can ditch my snipes, too... ;))

Dang...did not see the second one here.  Would have loaded up a snipe for sure.

:lol:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:03 am 

well i had already thought about bidding on that one, but i only wanted the 1st print under the storm giants castle and could really justify the cost for just that one item.

if youre in the US, its not a bad little heist there....quite a few first prints, although the conditions are not what i would have liked to get them in.

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:10 am 

Thats actually a 2nd print for Under the Storm Giants castle (I've got all 3 printings). I posted someplace before about the white border, but here it is again:

1st printing: (1979) black border around cover. States ‘Designed & Approved for Use Especially with Dungeons & Dragons' along with a large white '#93' and price on cover.

2nd printing: (1980) white border around cover. States ‘Created For & Approved for Use With Dungeons & Dragons' along with a large white '#93' and price near the bottom left corner.

3rd printing: (1980) black border around cover. States ‘Created For & Approved for Use With Dungeons & Dragons' along with a small '93' and price on cover.

Still I think it is the rarest to find.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:15 am 

Plaag wrote:
1st printing: (1979) black border around cover. States ‘Designed & Approved for Use Especially with Dungeons & Dragons' along with a large white '#93' and price on cover.

2nd printing: (1980) white border around cover. States ‘Created For & Approved for Use With Dungeons & Dragons' along with a large white '#93' and price near the bottom left corner.

3rd printing: (1980) black border around cover. States ‘Created For & Approved for Use With Dungeons & Dragons' along with a small '93' and price on cover.

Still I think it is the rarest to find.

ShaneG.

yeah well thats kinda what i was pointing at anyway shane - you see the black ones a damn lot more than the white one - i think thats only the 2nd i have seen in a real long while.

thanks for the pointer on prints tho - more reason why i want your site up quicker :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:22 am 

Am ready to go (though still have things to do with the site in time) save for Foul needing to get everything done on his end. He's busy though so it'll be a bit.

As for the white border, I'd say I've seen 3-4 in the past two months, but before that I don't recall any on Ebay for quite sometime.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:20 pm 

anyone looking for a C.S World Emperor city map?

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:20 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I did not win this map set:   :cry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

But I plan to keep bidding until I do win one from this seller. Fencert has been promising this set for a while and I presume that others will appear.

8)

eBay.com Item Bid History

Erm, I've been deliberately not bidding on those despite a few of the maps being of use to myself (plus the Modron book, of course). :?

Please let me know whether you'll be bidding higher next time! ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:10 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Erm, I've been deliberately not bidding on those despite a few of the maps being of use to myself (plus the Modron book, of course). :?

Please let me know whether you'll be bidding higher next time! ;)

that guy phillwizard has just bought some stuff off me on ebay and on my site too....obviously new to collecting.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:17 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:that guy phillwizard has just bought some stuff off me on ebay and on my site too....obviously new to collecting.

I wonder whether he realises how good a deal he snagged? :D

Oh well, if a certain <MShipley88> doesn't actually appear to want to win any of these, I guess it's open season. :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:22 am 

I have a snipe posted on that Fencert map collection.    :evil:

I mean to get one...maybe I can beg and whine Fencert into giving me a BIN price?   :cry:  He has given me a couple of deals in the past.  (Terry is one cool guy.)

Don't hold off bidding just to be nice to me.  I have a price in mind and I have been sniping it.      :lol:

I have been considering raising my snipe amount, but my finances are limited until next month.   8)   That is probably for the best, as my "small" collection of Judges Guild items now fills two bookshelves and my wife has been...just...patient...enough....that I don't want to push it.   8O

I do appreciate, however, that some of you might have held off for my sake.  That was nice of you.   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:28 am 

By the way......

I just acquired the booklet for Wilderlands of the Magic Realm from a dealer who shall go unmentioned (Titan).  :x

The book came without maps, but I also just acquired copies of those maps from RichardMaloney, all the way from Australia.   8)

I have placed the proper maps with the proper book...but does that really count?  If the items were not originally packaged together, does that make it a cobbled-together set that is worth less?     :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:03 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
  I have placed the proper maps with the proper book...but does that really count? If the items were not originally packaged together, does that make it a cobbled-together set that is worth less?   :?

why would it be worth-less? if its complete and the maps are the right ones its a complete item....unless there are different dates on the maps (shane?)...

of course...what print is it? is it one book covering both books? there are two, instalment V and instalment W, which were later combined into one.

if you have one of the instalments, o course you HAVE to get the journal to go with it, JUST to make it complete..

you are a collector right? :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:06 am 

Fair number of lowish to mid-range White Dwarf magazines being sold individually. Price seem reasonable if not low for what I have seen in the past.

jimincleveland in Toys & Hobbies > Games| eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:46 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:
 I have placed the proper maps with the proper book...but does that really count? If the items were not originally packaged together, does that make it a cobbled-together set that is worth less?  :?

why would it be worth-less? if its complete and the maps are the right ones its a complete item....unless there are different dates on the maps (shane?)...

Al

Should be (c)1979 for 11/14 and 12/13 (now if its different I'd like to know :) )

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:31 pm 

My Wilderlands of the Magic Realm is one book....blue ink on cover....now placed with the correct maps...11/14  and 12/13.

There is no date on the maps that I can see. They are pristine, and the booklet is pretty darn near pristine.   :)

PreviousNext