Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 95123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 939495
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:12 pm 

1ST PRINT TEGEL MANOR:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

I missed the opportunity to bid on this lot, which only contained one thing of value . . . the Tegel Manor. The seller responded to my question about completeness & condition as follows:
"There is a map in the back that is part of the book. Yes it has pencil markings through out."

Not a very thorough answer :roll:  and the Acaeum subweb does not have values, so I did not know how to handicap my bids, so I decided against it. Can someone (Al or Shane) please give me a sense of its value?

Thanks in Advance,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:33 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:1ST PRINT TEGEL MANOR:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

I missed the opportunity to bid on this lot, which only contained one thing of value . . . the Tegel Manor. The seller responded to my question about completeness & condition as follows:
"There is a map in the back that is part of the book. Yes it has pencil markings through out."

Not a very thorough answer :roll:  and the Acaeum subweb does not have values, so I did not know how to handicap my bids, so I decided against it. Can someone (Al or Shane) please give me a sense of its value?

Thanks in Advance,

Should have an update this weekend (not everything has come up for auction though, so will still have some 0's in rows)

Hard to tell what print of the booklet this is, but that is all it is (the maps inside are for the dungeon levels, so no larger map of the manor/area included in that lot) Being pencil marks it maybe able to be erased depending on how hard it was marked.
The lot is probably not worth that much (missing covers, and who knows the condition of the other items).

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:46 pm 

i had spotted that auction myself some days ago. would have gone for it maybe if the maps were with it too (as i would have wanted the maps), have some spare books, so didnt really want just another book.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:45 pm 

Hi Al & Shane,

Thanks for the replies and I gathered that it was incomplete, another reason not to bid, but can you guys give me an estimated value?

If another one comes up that is complete & not scribbled on, what would you guys estimate the value to be?  :?  Just a rough guess or range woud be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:48 pm 

Even I, who do not have a TM, did not bid on it. Incomplete is not good at all. For a real, full, one, though... I don't know what its worth, but I'd probably pay about $40 (max) for one, and hope to get it for about $25. Maybe I'm low-balling, but I never see the damned thing on eBay anyway...

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:26 am 

PM-Knight wrote:Hi Al & Shane,

Thanks for the replies and I gathered that it was incomplete, another reason not to bid, but can you guys give me an estimated value?

If another one comes up that is complete & not scribbled on, what would you guys estimate the value to be?  :?  Just a rough guess or range woud be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

well the book itself is hard to say, because tbh the value bounces up and down like a yo-yo. for the book itself, if it was in damn fine condition, i might shell out $20 for it, but that would be tops and if it was a print i was specifically after etc. other than that, i think its like everything else, nominallish $5-10, as its incomplete, but yet, still an item off the beaten track so to speak.

i have a few tegels which i will list when i get round to it, but have just got so much to do, i simply havent got the time.

i will prb just list the spare books first to get them out the way.

as for value on an older, complete tegel, well, they again vary quite drastically, depending on who wants one at the time, but its not often you see one of the older ones for $40 or less.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:29 am 

I'll concur..$40-70 for a complete Tegel, while book would go for what Al said.

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:01 pm 

1982 Judges Guild 'Portly Pomp' Catalogue

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am 

Shrinkwrapped City State Warfare - which does not seem to come up as often as other JG items.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:38 am 

yo chapsters, most of my auctions are done now, but the pegasus 2 is still to finish soon and its still quite slow - its pretty hard to get hold of if anyone is still after it...

sorry for listing it here. i didnt put it in classifieds as i wanted to answer any questions if anyone had one.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:21 am 

killjoy32 wrote:yo chapsters, most of my auctions are done now, but the pegasus 2 is still to finish soon and its still quite slow - its pretty hard to get hold of if anyone is still after it...

sorry for listing it here. i didnt put it in classifieds as i wanted to answer any questions if anyone had one.

Al

You probably shall have a sniper or two.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:16 pm 

Plaag wrote:
You probably shall have a sniper or two.

ShaneG.

as its one off the beaten track i would rather it go to someone who will appreciate it - well you know the drill

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:43 pm 

I picked up a Pegasus #2 a couple of weeks ago from Noble Knight for $7.  I was ordering a bunch of other stuff and this seemed like a reasonable amount since it had its own poll here.  Any idea what the expected price is going to be?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:44 pm 

Mars wrote:I picked up a Pegasus #2 a couple of weeks ago from Noble Knight for $7.  I was ordering a bunch of other stuff and this seemed like a reasonable amount since it had its own poll here.  Any idea what the expected price is going to be?

will its not "rare" but most definately uncommon. i dont personally think pegasus' demand great prices cos they aint such an in demand item, but well worth it to the collector imo.

yours would only be the 2nd i have now seen sold in a year, though i have been overly vigilant of them though. other one went for about twice that.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:26 pm 

character codex - US only:

pegasus #1

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:41 am 

killjoy32 wrote:character codex - US only:

I'm all over it.  One of the few items I don't have.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:28 am 

Mars wrote:I picked up a Pegasus #2 a couple of weeks ago from Noble Knight for $7.  I was ordering a bunch of other stuff and this seemed like a reasonable amount since it had its own poll here.  Any idea what the expected price is going to be?

$7 was a fairly good price, particularly if you were also ordering other items.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:44 am 

FormCritic wrote:$7 was a fairly good price, particularly if you were also ordering other items.

Yes I was, I had finally broken down and ordered the TSR stained glass items.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 45 of 95123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 939495