Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 33 of 95123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 939495
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8268
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2024
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:51 pm 
 

obiter wrote:Al,

me neither

8)


ohhh like that is it :)

*throws down the gauntlet*

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4586
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2024
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:07 pm 
 

eBay listings

Seller has some good stuff, in nice condition (price for some of it maybe high) Though the FFC is a 1st.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 357
Joined: Feb 21, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 07, 2021
Location: Donaghadee

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:37 pm 
 

OK then chummer ...

(sounds expensive)

what about paper, scissors, stone

best out of 3 ??

:wink:


An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8268
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2024
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:51 pm 
 

obiter wrote:OK then chummer ...

(sounds expensive)

what about paper, scissors, stone

best out of 3 ??

:wink:


nah i am crap outta that - lets roll a D20

oh look i got a 20


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 357
Joined: Feb 21, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 07, 2021
Location: Donaghadee

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:59 pm 
 

Or percentile ... RM triple extended 356

Oh that's gotta hurt. :D


An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4586
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2024
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:08 pm 
 

Oh its getting ugly here in the Dice Rolling Match 2006

Killjoy32 has got a master of an arm with his trusty d20 stone, but his opponent is no sloutch with his high rolling style..

Who will come out ahead in this match? Can England make it to the final round? Or is Ireland gonna take the prize!

Now a word from our sponsor:
Hate it when players try and fudge the rolls, make it a TPK day, because a Judge has to bring the hammer down sometime.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8268
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2024
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:23 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:Oh its getting ugly here in the Dice Rolling Match 2006

Killjoy32 has got a master of an arm with his trusty d20 stone, but his opponent is no sloutch with his high rolling style..

Who will come out ahead in this match? Can England make it to the final round? Or is Ireland gonna take the prize!

Now a word from our sponsor:
Hate it when players try and fudge the rolls, make it a TPK day, because a Judge has to bring the hammer down sometime.

ShaneG.


well i havent been able to type as i have been rolling 2 D20s for the last two hours...amazing really as i keep rolling 20s - strange really.

so it must be about 570 20's on 2 x d20's at the moment :)

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 357
Joined: Feb 21, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 07, 2021
Location: Donaghadee

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:30 am 
 

What do they say about buses???

Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches

** expired/removed eBay auction **


Same seller has:
Wilderlands of High Fantasy
Wraith Overlord
Tarantis
Wilderlands of the Magic Realm
City State of the World Emperor
City State of the Invoncible Overlord


An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4586
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2024
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:41 am 
 

obiter wrote:What do they say about buses???



That the wheels on them go round and round?

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 357
Joined: Feb 21, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 07, 2021
Location: Donaghadee

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:14 am 
 

"all day long" chimes in my 2 year old daughter


An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 30, 2022

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:45 am 
 


** expired/removed eBay auction **


Perspective on Zohwar's shrink-wrapped copy?


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4586
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2024
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:52 pm 
 

MShipley88 wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **


Perspective on Zohwar's shrink-wrapped copy?


Think they just put the same amount for most of the Judges Guild auctions.
The FFC though looks good for a 1st print, so I suspect 1 or 2 people may try for it near the end (price is to high right now for those that like to bid just to keep a reminder sent to their email)

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1704
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 03, 2024
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:30 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **


That auction now has a bid...though it's from a '0'.

Perspective on Zohwar's shrink-wrapped copy?


My copy was clearly overpriced for the current market, because it didn't sell and then another shrink'd one (in the UK) sold for $41 shortly thereafter:

** expired/removed eBay auction **


Though a non-shrink'd 2nd print sold for $44 right before that:

** expired/removed eBay auction **


If anyone is interested, there's a $47 shrink'd copy available here on Abebooks:
first fantasy campaign - AbeBooks
"Book Description: Judges Guild. 1977., 1977. Softcover. Still in original plastic, never opened. Some shelfwear to corners otherwise a Tight sound unmarked copy in very good condition. Bookseller Inventory # 113226"
Don't know anything about the seller - Tacoma Book Center in Tacoma, WA. $4 US shipping which is reasonable.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4586
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2024
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:07 am 
 

A little off topic, but the Dungeons of Blackmoor (d20) is not that great: numbers not on map - yet have areas described for them, secret doors described - yet they are not shown and don't fit the description well anyway, plus only the first 10 levels were taken from the FFC.
What was good is Arneson notes early on about some aspects of the dungeon and the relationships of each dungeon level to those above or below is pretty good.

On topic: FFCs still seem to do well, a good sign that those few items Arneson wrote stay up in value.

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 30, 2022

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:20 pm 
 

zhowar wrote:

My copy was clearly overpriced for the current market, because it didn't sell and then another shrink'd one (in the UK) sold for $41 shortly thereafter:

** expired/removed eBay auction **


Though a non-shrink'd 2nd print sold for $44 right before that:

** expired/removed eBay auction **


If anyone is interested, there's a $47 shrink'd copy available here on Abebooks:
first fantasy campaign - AbeBooks
"Book Description: Judges Guild. 1977., 1977. Softcover. Still in original plastic, never opened. Some shelfwear to corners otherwise a Tight sound unmarked copy in very good condition. Bookseller Inventory # 113226"
Don't know anything about the seller - Tacoma Book Center in Tacoma, WA. $4 US shipping which is reasonable.


I bought my copy of City State of the Invincible Overlord there...in person...$30.  At the time I thought I was going out of my mind to pay that price.

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 30, 2022

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:24 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:A little off topic, but the Dungeons of Blackmoor (d20) is not that great: numbers not on map - yet have areas described for them, secret doors described - yet they are not shown and don't fit the description well anyway, plus only the first 10 levels were taken from the FFC.
What was good is Arneson notes early on about some aspects of the dungeon and the relationships of each dungeon level to those above or below is pretty good.

On topic: FFCs still seem to do well, a good sign that those few items Arneson wrote stay up in value.

ShaneG.


I think that some buyers perceive First Fantasy Campaign as being fairly rare.  In fact, they come up for auction all the time.  

But, people are getting their high asking prices for this publication.  I think this is mostly due to the fact that the number of Ebay RPG collectors is sharply rising...and will rise for the near future.  The new guys (says the 18 month "veteran") are willing to pay the premium prices.

Zowhar ought to keep his price up there....he'll get someone to pay it.

In the context of these high asking prices, the low asking prices and somewhat high shipping costs of some other sellers are starting to look really good.

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 20, 2023

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:39 pm 
 

First Fantasy Campaign, First Print:


** expired/removed eBay auction **


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4586
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2024
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:58 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:First Fantasy Campaign, First Print:


** expired/removed eBay auction **


Wow, these are becoming common :)

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 33 of 95123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 939495