Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 28 of 95123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 939495
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:24 am 

Marlith wrote:

Yes that is the reason I am sorry and I will continue to be but won't speak more on the subject. Again sorry!

don't worry! for those who have larger wallets than mine i can suggest this:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

btw, here's another case in which i  had the feeling that this item could be valuable but i had no mean to have confirmation of what i though!
will the JG subweb be updated at least with the rarity grade as D&D products are? if yes, when?

ps: is 59 USD too much? or is it a fair value?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:01 am 

Zohwar's $59.95 First Fantasy Campaign is slightly high, but it is also mint, in shrinkwrap, from a totally reliable seller.  I don't know how many more shrinkwrap copies you will see.  If you want it enough, the price is right.

The First Fantasy Campaigns are moderately rare...more so because the members of this forum snap them up every time they appear.
We Judges Guild collectors have certain fixations, and this is one of them.
It feels like owning a chunk of history...and it's yours, all yours.

It has the things we game collectors like....parchment paper maps, parchment paper cover, a classic writer's name and a link to the olden days...the long ago...the times before.

Mark   8)

aia wrote:

don't worry! for those who have larger wallets than mine i can suggest this:

btw, here's another case in which i  had the feeling that this item could be valuable but i had no mean to have confirmation of what i though!
will the JG subweb be updated at least with the rarity grade as D&D products are? if yes, when?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:08 am 

MShipley88 wrote:The First Fantasy Campaigns are moderately rare...more so because the members of this forum snap them up every time they appear.
We Judges Guild collectors have certain fixations, and this is one of them.
It feels like owning a chunk of history...and it's yours, all yours.

It has the things we game collectors like....parchment paper maps, parchment paper cover, a classic writer's name and a link to the olden days...the long ago...the times before.

even if i'm not a JG collector (but i could become since i have few items to end up with my D&D stuff) i want it!!! i think you've cast a charm spell on me and now i want it!!! it must be mine!!! ...my...treassssureee...

tnx and ciao

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:36 am 

aia wrote:btw, here's another case in which i  had the feeling that this item could be valuable but i had no mean to have confirmation of what i though!

Aia...as mentioned, i AM working on a loose schedule to give to Shane, then we can work on it over time.

The FFC is semi-rare, but its value goes up and down a lot. a shrinkwrapped one is rare as you do not hardly see them. If you are unsure of rarity in a JG item, come here and ask. plenty of the guys here know more than enough of what they are talking about.

i work all day, then i go and train for next year for about 3 hours each day (sometimes more) and if there is time left, or i have a spare day, i have a life :D if there is time left, i do D&D things whatever they are.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:29 pm 

Marlith wrote:
Yes that is the reason I am sorry and I will continue to be but won't speak more on the subject. Again sorry!

I read all the hullabaloo over on the General forum and it seems much ado about nothing. Over here at the JG forum, we're *way* more loose and easy going. Right guys? *laugh*

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:49 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:
I read all the hullabaloo over on the General forum and it seems much ado about nothing. Over here at the JG forum, we're *way* more loose and easy going. Right guys? *laugh*

Yeah :D

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:27 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Yeah :D

ShaneG.

we are??!!

pfft

:P  :P

trouble here is you KNOW all the good stuff is gonna get challenged so we dont fight in these here parts :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:57 pm 

Yes.

Judges Guild is a lot smaller pond and the good items are generally right in front of everyone.

Aia...did you end up buying that shrinkwrapped First Fantasy Campaign from Zohwar?

Mark  8)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:33 pm 

Indeed
It is rare something doesn't pop up on usual searches - I only know of the Tac Cards being with a OD&D white box.

oh and Zohwar still has it up, though pretty good number of views there is 2 other auctions up for the same thing and http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0012565872 in SW may also hurt the chances of a sale (but heck only cost 20 cents to post it.)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:30 pm 

I see that djb_astro is all over that one.  He and I are often mirror bidders.  Occasionally, I wonder if possibly we could be the same person...like in a Philip K. Dick novel where the cop finds out that he is the one who actually did the murder.   :lol:

Isn't he an Acaeum member?

Mark  8)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:58 pm 

On the Acaeum he is obiter.  The potato.  :wink:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:03 pm 

red_bus wrote:On the Acaeum he is obiter.  The potato.  :wink:

Ach! So oi've beeen stalked by yon wild Irishman!  I can'nah shake the parnishus rover!

Mark   8)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:15 pm 

Yes, I put that FFC campaign auction up last Friday on a 0.20 list day. So if it doesn't sell, no problem.

$60 may be high, but I did sell two other shrinkwrapped copies earlier this year for ~$50 each, and they went fast. The first was a BIN through Ebay, but I advertised it here & Dragonsfoot, and it went quick:

As Plaag has posted above, there's another shrink one up for auction, so we'll see how that goes - it should determine the real price that's warranted right now.

I don't think it's the rarest item in the world (after all I found all three of these shrink copies in the last 6 months), but generally there is only one FFC on Ebay at a time, and it's uncommon to see it in shrink. This is the first time I've seen two in shrink up at the same time.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:22 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Aia...did you end up buying that shrinkwrapped First Fantasy Campaign from Zohwar?

not yet... for the time being, i have to receive an education about JG stuff... (i think that now Al is going to be upset because he prob knows the question i'm going to ask him... eheheh...  :lol: no, not this time! )
but, don't worry! i started in filling a list of "most wanted" and looking in ebay to the various items i spotted... i'll be back with 2 or 3 thousands of question in the next future...  :wink:

ciao

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:34 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I see that djb_astro is all over that one.  He and I are often mirror bidders.  Occasionally, I wonder if possibly we could be the same person...like in a Philip K. Dick novel where the cop finds out that he is the one who actually did the murder.   :lol:

Isn't he an Acaeum member?

Mark  8)

yeah Obiter the Potato boy :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:40 am 

aia wrote:
not yet... for the time being, i have to receive an education about JG stuff... (i think that now Al is going to be upset because he prob knows the question i'm going to ask him... eheheh...  :lol: no, not this time! )
but, don't worry! i started in filling a list of "most wanted" and looking in ebay to the various items i spotted... i'll be back with 2 or 3 thousands of question in the next future...  :wink:

ciao

hey listen, most of the guys here know a ton about JG products Aia....it isnt just me. The main man is Shane here...he lives, eats, sleeps Judges Guild.

Zhowars SW FFC i think is slightly on the high-side maybe, BUT that said, its very nice to have a SW item that doesnt come round often at all. i count that (incl. Zhowars) about 8-9 in the last 2 years, which is pretty good. non-shrinked they are obviously more common than that. i have two on my site that are non-sw. the better copies having sold some time ago.

if you have the $ go for it i say. i cant talk after shelling tons on some of stuff i have :D (its only money anyway)

I think you will find though, thats its only the latter print FFCs that are shrinked. Still damn nice to have though imo and a superb product.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:29 pm 

Well, the latest non-shrink FFC sold for $44...

(Only $3-5 less than the shrink copies I sold a few months ago).

We shall see what the current shrink auction copy goes for:

US $19.62 + ~$7.00 shipping to U.S. right now, 4 days left.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:46 am 

3 old JG journals - in australia & condition aint that great:

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 28 of 95123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 939495