Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 95123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 939495
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I saw the movie Snatch, so I consider myself an expert on UK gypsies.

I couldn't figure out how they all just disappeared in the end, and were considered untraceable.  Why not just look for groups of squatters with trailers?

The $18 price for Inferno was an awesome win for that bidder.  I got mine last year for $20 or so.  Inferno is over-priced, partly based upon interest by this specific group of collectors.  If no one here were bidding on Tegel and Inferno, those prices would drop by half overall, at least.

Mark   8)

I think that is exactly what happened. I had a snipe of $40 set on that auction for the Inferno alone.  I ended up cancelling it with 2 hours to go after it got posted here. I assumed it would go for more than my snipe and if it did not it would go for $30+ and I deceided I really did not need another copy of Inferno just on the off chance it was in better shape than the one I have now. I regret the decision now of course.

It would be nice if we could test that theory. All agree to not bid on a midrange item like Tegel or Inferno and see what the prices are. I am guessing this will never happen though. We could also try the reverse....but I think you have mentioned something similar to that before. Where discussion here inflates or causes runs on items like Thieves Guild.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:19 pm 

I swear that Thieves Guild thing really happened.  A lot of the bidding came from guys on this site.

There are probably some, however, who just bid on everything anyway.

BUT on the flip side, when I mentioned wanting one of the rarer Thieves Guild items, a member on this site sent me a copy and would not take anything in payment.  That was just too amazingly nice.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:26 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I swear that Thieves Guild thing really happened.  A lot of the bidding came from guys on this site.

There are probably some, however, who just bid on everything anyway.

BUT on the flip side, when I mentioned wanting one of the rarer Thieves Guild items, a member on this site sent me a copy and would not take anything in payment.  That was just too amazingly nice.

Mark   8)

I think I was one of the ones who bid against you on some of those. I do bid on just about everything though. Seeing it discussed here probably just put it in the forefront of my brain and got me thinking I needed it. Recently I have been fixating on Traveller items. I am eventually going to try and get into buying miniatures in a serious way.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:47 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:The $18 price for Inferno was an awesome win for that bidder.  I got mine last year for $20 or so.  Inferno is over-priced, partly based upon interest by this specific group of collectors.  If no one here were bidding on Tegel and Inferno, those prices would drop by half overall, at least.

Mark   8)

sorry mark i have to disagree with you there. i have sat and watched at least a half-dozen tegels where nobody i know on this site has gone near them and they have STILL sold for a pretty amount. inferno imo is not quite as premier an item as maybe a nice tegel is, but its still very decent and again, i have seen a good 4-5 of them go for very good prices without an acaeum member near them.

i think ebay is a lottery anyway. sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you dont. you get the odd few at a lower amount, but generally the prices for these stay good.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:39 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I saw the movie Snatch, so I consider myself an expert on UK gypsies.

They were Irish Travellers, not Roma Gypsies.  It's probably a good idea not to confuse the two.  Sort of like asking a Kiwi if he's Australian!!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:24 pm 

otherworld wrote:
They were Irish Travellers, not Roma Gypsies.  It's probably a good idea not to confuse the two.  Sort of like asking a Kiwi if he's Australian!!

Hmmmm?

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:26 pm 

Is that like an Irish Rover?

No, no.  I must protest.  I saw a movie and therefore I now know all about the topic.  I am an expert.   :)

Roma gypsies would have been much redder, smaller than other varieties, and oblong shaped.  They are very tasty in salads.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:00 am 

White trash is white trash. It doesn't really matter if they live in a van, or a trailer or a council flat. It's all about education and attitude. If you don't have any of the first, and too much of the second, you're dangerously close to being white trash.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:34 am 

very nice looking Caverns of Thracia - US auction:  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

scan looks trimmed tho, but i think he offers an option of seeing it in a bigger resolution - does look good tho....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:21 am 

Couple more Dark Towers

SWed:  

1st:  

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:59 am 

Plaag wrote:Couple more Dark Towers

SWed:  

1st:  

ShaneG.

:roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:02 am 

Marlith wrote:

must admit guys, i didnt think dark tower ever got shrinked, unless its a LOT later print or something.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:23 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
must admit guys, i didnt think dark tower ever got shrinked, unless its a LOT later print or something.

Al

You'll find many are not shrinked probably due to this being at a GenCon convention (stated in a Journal I know). Having the store sticker could mean reshrink, but it looks like Judges Guild SW (would need a better scan of the whole thing - i.e. not cropped)

However from the scan of the back of the module:
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43f3cc9ema ... EBFve1kiz9
I am able to say that it is a 4th (you can make out the Treasure Vault from the product list and also the R.R. 8, Box 9, 1221 N. Sunnyside Rd Decatur, IL 62522 address) the 2nd print has the 1165 N. University Ave Decatur, IL 62526 address.

ShaneG.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:30 am 

Marlith wrote:

We may as well go ahead and point out the other two auctions of his that I was high bidder on when posted...

eBay listings

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:40 am 

Marlith wrote:

We may as well go ahead and point out the other two auctions of his that I was high bidder on when posted...

eBay listings

The Dark Tower is the one that has interest it seems recently.
Though odd Caverns of Thracia auction doesn't provide printing since seller knows about the Booty List.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:02 am 

Plaag wrote:
The Dark Tower is the one that has interest it seems recently.
Though odd Caverns of Thracia auction doesn't provide printing since seller knows about the Booty List.

ShaneG.

was actually the caverns i spotted first - didnt mention the other cos i saw marls name on it - being the good guy that i am :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:44 pm 

titan have some JG journals up, and multiples of each too, if you can stomach dealing with them:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:15 pm 

FIRST FANTASY CAMPAIGN!

FIRST EDITION!

GOING CHEAP BECAUSE IT IS POORLY DESCRIBED!

GET OVER THERE NOW!

FOUR HOURS TO GO!

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 25 of 95123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 939495