Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:18 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:
Just because it is cheap does not mean it is not good.
(IMO) Each of these adventure books prove that theory wrong.

Too True!

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:07 am 

Hey everyone,

Surprised no one has mentioned this one.

Or are we trying to keep it on the down low? :)

Judges Guild - City State of the Invincible Overlord - D&D

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Or maybe it's the shipping from Australia?

Best regards,
Ronald

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:14 am 

Some auctions for Judges Guild items that look to be in pretty good condition, including tarantis, first fantasy campaign, quest for the silver empress, and tegal manor, along with what look like some tasty non-judges guild items.

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I put in a bid for the tegal manor; it's a 3rd print that looks to be in pretty good condition and complete according to the information here.  It had a BIN of $59.99 and I'm curious if collective wisdom here is that I should have hit the BIN, or not.  I looked up the 3rd print in the valuation guide and it looked high, but that was a 2010 valuation.  

Maybe if I'm outbid, a member here has one available.  I would want it for table play, not to seal away in a bag, so a mint copy would probably be a waste for me.  Of course I don't log onto the Acaeum until the day after Gnat's giveaway!  My luck   :)

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:37 am 

This is not the first seller to try this trick, hoping some bidders think it is a rare Judges Guild offering.
I would not buy the Quest for the Silver Princess, for even at $9.99 it is higher than the magazine it came from would cost.
It was removed from issue 5 of Pegasus magazine.
You can see the word Pegasus and a page number at the bottom right corner in the picture in that sellers listing.

Here are the Acaeum Index Pages:
Index by Title
And the specific Page for Issue #5.
Pegasus 05

With some patience, you can find entire magazine (Pegasus 5) for less than the starting bid for that listing, maybe much lower.
If nothing else send a PM to Badmike here.
I bet he has MANY copies of it and other issues of Pegasus Magazine.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Scroll to near the bottom where the ALWAYS present City State Installments in Every copy of Pegasus Magazine are listed in the JG Index here.

IMO most of this sellers starting prices (in general) are close to top value, and the BINs are well over top value.
At the least this seller leaves almost no room for bidding after someone hits the starting price.
At $29.99 that copy of Tegel Manor 3rd Print is about right I think, maybe a little high, but not too much.
The BIN at $59.99 was way too high for an incomplete 3rd print (missing the color Cover sheet at the least).
I bought a complete 1st print Tegel Manor in NM condition for $49.99 last week on e-Bay, and for some reason I was the only bidder on it.
I think I was danged lucky that no one else had the Tegel Manor itch (or the want to) at the time, as I would value a complete 1st Print Tegel Manor at twice what I paid for it.

Sorry you missed the giveaway... Perhaps there will be another in the future.

For some reason the links I am posting for the Judges Guild Index are not working.
I am doing a copy paste method for posting them.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:41 pm 

FWIW: and not just to toot my own horn (though I am about to).
The copy of The First Fantasy Campaign this seller has listed is a third print.
(I asked)
His starting price is $59.99 with a BIN of $99.99.

I have a very nice copy (same print) listed that started at 99 cents (not dollars) and it is currently still at just half of his starting price.
My copy is complete and the only major issue is a name neatly printed on the front cover and small liquid stains on rear cover.
Most of my other items start at 99 cents too.

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:43 pm 

Good thing I didn't jump on the BIN then; I was tempted, because it seems Tegal's go so fast when they BIN.  But it's not a need purchase, so I'm better off being patient if someone outbids the open.  

Thanks for your info, Gnat!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:25 pm 

Seller amandadub has a white booklet I and various early pieces of Judges Guild items up for auction.

Good if they get bids because then I'll have pricing data ;) 8)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:01 pm 

Couple of questions:  so why is the white copy Booklet I listed as rarity 5, but no values are given; and, is the hole-punching in Amandadub's copy not original?

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:28 pm 

bombadil wrote:Couple of questions:  so why is the white copy Booklet I listed as rarity 5, but no values are given; and, is the hole-punching in Amandadub's copy not original?

Hole-punched by the owner: most other copies have appeared along with along items, hence no "value" could be taken from those sales. I didn't add up the total value from a would-be reseller p.o.v. the stack of the first 11 installments (complete, but without mailers) from the white I onwards that went for $310 last August was probably a better deal.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:27 am 

City State Warfare Box Set.
Looks unpunched and in nice condition.
One of amadadubs listings, good shipping from this seller is almost a lock.

As for the White Booklet I.
I have only ever seen two sold....
amandadubs copy and the one I have (my copy is also hole punched)
The sale of the Installments mentioned by faro above are assumed to have included the White Booklet I, but we have no way of knowing for sure, unless the buyer tells us.
It might have had the yellow version instead.

My copy was hiding inside a plastic top load sheet holder wich was in turn inside a three ring binder (with other items) as part of a large lot I purchased last year.
That lot also included a complete NM set of the Goldenrod Greyhawk Sheets (only 2 other sets known to exist and one of those other sets is missing a sheet).

The White Booklet Is were sent only to new subscribers who signed up for subscriptions at the 1976 GENCON.
IIRC: After the convention, the remaining copies of the White Booklet I were destroyed once the convention orders were mailed out.
Then the yellow Booklet I's were sold with the Initial Installments and through individual sales.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 am 

This guy has a number of JG items that look really nice, although I think that $100.00 each for a starting bid is a little high...

I'd like to know what you guys think about these starting prices.

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:41 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote:** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

This guy has a number of JG items that look really nice, although I think that $100.00 each for a starting bid is a little high...

I'd like to know what you guys think about these starting prices.

High on most everything - though the 1st print Ref Sheets Package (incomplete) might get a bid.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:07 pm 

He has a few $100 items mixed in there, but not the Judges Guild items.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:04 pm 

If I did not have a copy, I  might hit that listing, then again... maybe not as the cover has some front damage.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:28 am 

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone here won these JG auctions?

Thought I had them but got outbid at the last second.

I guess I didn't bid as high as I should have on them.

Best regards,
Ronald

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:01 pm 

rhynne wrote:Hey everyone,

Best regards,
Ronald

I sniped the one with the Dark Tower.  Paid too much, but so it goes.  I was late and low on the other.  The seller knew what they were doing by splitting The Caverns of Thracia from Dark Tower.  Anybody need a Corsairs of Talibar?

LB

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:39 pm 

Lurker Below wrote:
rhynne wrote:Hey everyone,

Best regards,
Ronald

I sniped the one with the Dark Tower.  Paid too much, but so it goes.  I was late and low on the other.  The seller knew what they were doing by splitting The Caverns of Thracia from Dark Tower.  Anybody need a Corsairs of Talibar?

LB

One story.  Last night I was reading "The Hobbit" to my kids to put them to bed, when the alarm on my phone went off notifying me that it was time for a bid on the lot with The Caverns of Thracia.  (I prefer a manual snipe.)  I was reading about Bilbo and the Trolls (in my best Troll voice) and trying to bid at the same time.  It really increased the suspense level for me.  It was too much though and I misfired.

LB

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:14 am 

Hey everyone,

Nice looking lot of JG products.

D&D Judges Guild Lot - 6 Books City State of the World Emperor and more!

Really like the Tegel Manor in the lot. Not sure if it is complete or not.

Unfortunately no international bidders.

Best regards,
Ronald

PreviousNext