Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 88 of 95123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 939495
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:02 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I found that things 'go missing' a lot if you ship to Italy and you declare the value of stuff. If you send registered there is no requirement for the recipient to sign for stuff, so unless you're gonna use UPS or some such, there is no way to protect yourself from the Italian corruption there.

Things got slightly better from the UK now that we don't need to make customs declarations to Italy, but theft is rife and their public still refuse to acknowlege receipt of mail even when shipped registered.

Don't ever ship to Italy unless you know and trust the guy you're shipping to. It's not worth losing your money with no recourse. Too much crime in the system.

Thanks Ian for your words!

As i have always asked (and this caused me some strives in the past...) i dont want to cheat/fraud while declaring a different value on the duty custom form... i want to avoid additional troubles.

My 2 cents in order to better explain the italian case:

all in all, the italian postal system is not the best in the world but i have not thjat much to complain about it... ok, timing is not performing properly and costs are extremelty high, but i rarely had issues with losses or damages...

what is awful, to avoid as much as possible are the italian duty customs!!! they are likley the main cause to losses, delays and damages on item! now, if you declare your goods below a certain threshold (say less than 20 bucks) then the process bypasses the duty custom and this is smtg vital if you dont want to have neverending issues with them.

i will leave you just a single case to better understand: i bought from the US a divine right game. this, of course, had a final value igher than 20 bucks... so it stopped to the duty customs... they found that in the box there was a metallic box (the seller used to keep all the counters in an old metal candy box) and they opened the box, they inspected the game and the candy box and... they closed and TAPED all the 4 sided of the game box with the brown tape!!!!

when i found it, i was totally astonished... i opened a claim and the claim is still there... it happended in 2005...

At the end of the day, if you want to have stressless deal with italian guys, it is sufficient to keep a low value of the goods... this will reduce by nearly zero your risks of troubles! in apprxo 8 years of trading with the US i had one loss only.

Thanks for your patience and ciaooo
axel

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:22 am 

At least there is no 'customs' problem now within Europe, but the problem the US guys have is, if they ship something to Italy worth $100, and it 'goes missing' or 'shows as delivered but not signed for' (the two most common fraudulent chargeback claims), the very best the schmuck in the US can hope for is the declared value of the package back from the postal system. So if the idiot downgraded the value to $20, the onbly loser is himself. I don't think most established US sellers are that stupid, and it's pretty rediculous to ask a seller to take the risk and rip himself off just to avoud the theft and fraud in the italian postal service.

Now, if he were to say, "I know this guy and I know that guy, so I'll ship to them using the conventional method, but all others get shipped to safely with UPS at $220", at least he's being fair to those he knows and trusts, and covering his back with those he doesn't and reducing his exposure to the criminals who run the systems in Italy.

The problem is the level of crime in Italy that is build into the very fabric of society at all levels. Right up to Government. There is no way of removing it, any more than you can remove the italian crime families from the New York construction industry or Miami docks. It is what it is. All an eBay seller can do is keep himself safe.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:03 am 

aia wrote:
Thanks Ian for your words!

As i have always asked (and this caused me some strives in the past...) i dont want to cheat/fraud while declaring a different value on the duty custom form... i want to avoid additional troubles.

My 2 cents in order to better explain the italian case:

all in all, the italian postal system is not the best in the world but i have not thjat much to complain about it... ok, timing is not performing properly and costs are extremelty high, but i rarely had issues with losses or damages...

what is awful, to avoid as much as possible are the italian duty customs!!! they are likley the main cause to losses, delays and damages on item! now, if you declare your goods below a certain threshold (say less than 20 bucks) then the process bypasses the duty custom and this is smtg vital if you dont want to have neverending issues with them.

i will leave you just a single case to better understand: i bought from the US a divine right game. this, of course, had a final value igher than 20 bucks... so it stopped to the duty customs... they found that in the box there was a metallic box (the seller used to keep all the counters in an old metal candy box) and they opened the box, they inspected the game and the candy box and... they closed and TAPED all the 4 sided of the game box with the brown tape!!!!

when i found it, i was totally astonished... i opened a claim and the claim is still there... it happended in 2005...

At the end of the day, if you want to have stressless deal with italian guys, it is sufficient to keep a low value of the goods... this will reduce by nearly zero your risks of troubles! in apprxo 8 years of trading with the US i had one loss only.

Thanks for your patience and ciaooo
axel

We have the same issue here in Canada, claiming the true value is an exuse for customs to open up and ruin your item.  I have no problem paying the extra duties but it is a shame when a fine collectable is destroyed by some dough head at the border.  

Putting a low value for the cutoms sheet may be "illegal" but it is practicle.  I once had an item I pruchased on Ebay for over $4,000 shipped as a used book for $20,00.  I had it in my hand in a few days.  If this was declared at the true value the item surely would have been opened and wrecked  :( .  No thanks!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:45 am 

Difference in Canada is, if I ship something to you International SIgned-For, or Airsure, I can be sure your postal service will get a signiature at your address at your end, and that is all I need as proof of receipt of goods to cover me with PayPal's Seller Protection Policy.

In Italy there is no such assurance, and this allows a lot of buyers in that country to deny they received their goods and claim their money back through PayPal. At the same time, if the italian postal monkeys say it was delivered, PayPal say FU, sue the buyer.

So fraud is rife in Italy and they know there is nothing you can do about it as a seller. I've had exactly the same issue with Greece. I know there are honest buyers, and I know there are honest postal workers in Italy and Greece, but it's a complete turkey shoot, and crime and corruption are far more acceptable in italian culture. It's no big deal screwing foreigners, and the moral upstanding citisens are figting an uphill battle to try to get their country to be less corrupt.

I'd sooner send unrecorded to Canada than I'd send recorded to Italy unless I knew the person receiving the goods and trusted them.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:07 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Difference in Canada is, if I ship something to you International SIgned-For, or Airsure, I can be sure your postal service will get a signiature at your address at your end, and that is all I need as proof of receipt of goods to cover me with PayPal's Seller Protection Policy.

In Italy there is no such assurance, and this allows a lot of buyers in that country to deny they received their goods and claim their money back through PayPal. At the same time, if the italian postal monkeys say it was delivered, PayPal say FU, sue the buyer.

So fraud is rife in Italy and they know there is nothing you can do about it as a seller. I've had exactly the same issue with Greece. I know there are honest buyers, and I know there are honest postal workers in Italy and Greece, but it's a complete turkey shoot, and crime and corruption are far more acceptable in italian culture. It's no big deal screwing foreigners, and the moral upstanding citisens are figting an uphill battle to try to get their country to be less corrupt.

I'd sooner send unrecorded to Canada than I'd send recorded to Italy unless I knew the person receiving the goods and trusted them.

Yes I see your point, I never ship to strangers in Italy. When I was active on Ebay a few years ago I stopped selling to Italy due to a few "lost" shipments.  I also stopped shipping to a few other european customers as well (like Spain and France) for the same reasons.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:21 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Yes I see your point, I never ship to strangers in Italy. When I was active on Ebay a few years ago I stopped selling to Italy due to a few "lost" shipments.  I also stopped shipping to a few other european customers as well (like Spain and France) for the same reasons.

LOL. Of all the countries I#d have picked, those are the same two that I ship to that'd be top of my list too. Spain has a p!ss poor postal system, and France has privacy laws that prevent you from using tracking in their postal system. Both also do not require signiatures if the recipient refuses to sign, but to date, I've only 'lost' two packages in Spain, and whilst I've had a few hiccups in France, I've not lost a package, nor had reason to believe a buyer were being dishonest.

Italy and Greece are the bad boys on Europe when it comes to eBay fraud, and most people won't have an issue with Greece because so few people are currently active on eBay from that country.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:23 am 

Gentlemen, pls dont misunderstnad my words:

1) i am well aware that fraud in italy is a plague... its never clear whether the fraud is done buy the buyer or someone else in the distribution chain... hence: trust is truly a value whenever you need to decide to ship to italy!

2) i clearly wrote that italy postal system is not the best in the world... i am well aware that tracking is not possible from the US with "ordinary" options...

This however cannot be generalized into: the assumptions the posts in italy dont work and everybody in italy is a criminal... I'd like to remind that generalization in such terms brought huge disasters in the society of last century... Do you think that every man living in palestine who is not a jew is a terrorist?

Ok, dont want to start a fire, i just wanted to provide you with an obejctive assessment of italian situation and dont want to end up with the usual things like: "pizza, mafia and..."

I kindly ask you to stop this topic here (it is OT BTW).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:44 am 

It's a management of risk thing. It is safer for the majority of people not to ship to Italy or Greece. They have no way of protecting themselves from those two countries, and the countries will not change their systems to be honest or trustworthy.

I don't think there is anyone here who wouldn't ship to any of our fellow Acaeum membersm regardless of which country we're in. So it's not a personal thing.

But the issue with Italy, regardless of protestation, is that the system is corrupt and fraud within it is rife, and we all know that this is a ribbon of corruption that pervades every aspect of Italian life, through both law and politics and public service, and if an entire culture permits that sort of corruption within it, there can be no doubt that those moral standards and practices filter down to the lesser educated and more loosely moralled members of society. The lower the education, the more they are likely to learn by examples, and the examples in society are not great.

The difference between Greece and Italy, is that the lowly educated, morally dubious and less well off, have access to eBay and Credit Cards. In Greece they tend not to be as active online, hense a large number of people don't have experience with Greek buyers yet.

Italy's morals as a country will not change. They haven't changed fundimentally in the past two centuries. It's just something we all have to live with. Naturally that cannot be prescribed to specific individuals, but if you don't know the individual, you have to play the odds, and the odds say, don't ship to italian buyers unless you send by courier and you can guarantee a signiature at the other end (hense UPS or DHL).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:16 am 

aia wrote:Ok, dont want to start a fire, i just wanted to provide you with an obejctive assessment of italian situation and dont want to end up with the usual things like: "pizza, mafia and..."

It's a management of risk thing. It is safer for the majority of people not to ship to RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACISTS. They have no way of protecting themselves from those RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACISTS, and RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACISTS will not change their systems to be honest or trustworthy.

I don't think there is anyone here who wouldn't talk to any of our fellow Acaeum membersm regardless of which NEAR-AUTISTIC MENTAL STATE OF INFANTILE SELF-CENTEREDNESS [SEE AYN RAND OR ANY OF HER FANS] we're in. So it's not a personal thing.

But the issue with RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACISTS, regardless of protestation, is that the system is corrupt and fraud within it is rife, and we all know that this is a ribbon of corruption that pervades every aspect of RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACIST life, through both law and politics and public service, and if an entire culture permits that sort of corruption within it, there can be no doubt that those moral standards and practices filter down to the lesser educated and more loosely moralled members of RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACIST society. The lower the education, the more they are likely to learn by examples, and the examples in RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACIST society are not great.

RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACISTS' morals will not change. RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACISTS haven't changed fundimentally [NOR HAVE THEY LEARNED TO SPELL] in the past two centuries. It's just something we all have to live with. Naturally that cannot be prescribed to specific RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACISTS, but if you don't know the individual RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACIST, you have to play the odds, and the odds say, don't ship to RIGHT-WING NUT JOB RACISTS unless you send by courier and you can guarantee a signiature at the other end (hense UPS or DHL [WHO REGULARLY CONTRIBUTE TO P.E.T.A.]).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:34 am 

:lol:  :D
You completely missed the point; and you need to look up the definition of 'racist'.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:45 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote::lol:  :D
You completely missed the point; and you need to look up the definition of 'racist'.

I'm not sure about that - I thought the whole point of hysterical political rants would be to abandon all sense of reason or decorum, preferably in a public forum, while flopping around & speaking in tongues. This shows one's enemies that one is possessed by the gods, an ancient warning that the flinging of monkey poo nears commencement. DAMN DIRTY APES!!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:47 am 

ROFLMAO.
You crack me up.  :lol:  :lol:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:03 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:ROFLMAO.
You crack me up.  :lol:  :lol:

Seems like uncharacteristically Americanized phrasing. If I didn't know better I'd think it was intended with sarcasm. Oh well, tanto va la gatta al lardo chi ci lascia lo zampino, I suppose.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:19 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:10 pm 

stratochamp wrote:i won the 1023 & 1026.

Did you ever get around to scanning/taking a picture of these?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:34 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Goodman version of Thieves Fortress - .99c min bid

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:57 pm 

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Citadel of Fire and Trial by Fire $9 min bid

Seller also has other JG lots but most are very common items.

Mines of Custalcon in another lot is harder to find

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:03 pm 

Nice looking Tegel Manor:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Comes with a Judges Guild order form.  Don't think I've seen one of those before.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 88 of 95123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 939495