Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 88 of 95123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 939495
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:18 pm 

Plaag wrote:
You might not want to bid on that one..we have a thread on that person.  Plus the thing is Frankensteined with the ref sheet being wrong for a 1st print, plus I would ask to see the back of the cover sheet.

ShaneG.

*sigh*

Another small-town Virginia seller...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:24 pm 

Plaag wrote:
You might not want to bid on that one..we have a thread on that person.  Plus the thing is Frankensteined with the ref sheet being wrong for a 1st print, plus I would ask to see the back of the cover sheet.

ShaneG.

Hey Shane,

Ouch, I had forgotten that this seller's name was on that list in one of the other threads.

Well I should count myself lucky that I got outbid. :P

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ronald

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:19 am 

Hey everyone,

Wanted to check if anyone here is familiar with this Ebay seller?
nancaras

eBay listings

He's selling off a lot of really nice Judges Guild items, along with TSR early monos.

I figured with a collection like that, someone must be familiar with him.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ronald

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:03 am 

Seller's feedback is sound. I notice though s/he only ships to USA and Canada. Specifically states. 'This Seller does not ship to Australia'

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:33 am 

rhynne wrote:Hey everyone,

Wanted to check if anyone here is familiar with this Ebay seller?
nancaras

eBay listings

Seller states it is a 1st pring.
Not true.

1st prints have a blank box bottom with a one-sided insert sheet that is the same as the printed data shown on the later printings box bottom.
Also the two prints are slightly different sizes. (about 3/8").
I have had several copies of both printings.

That set does look very nice though.

After looking at several of the sellers other listings I suspect seller might be wrong about the printings for other items as well.

If you are looking for 1st prints and even more importantly if you intend to bid as if they are 1st prints, then I strongly suggest asking that seller some specific questions to determine if the item or items you plan to bid on are indeed 1st prints.

For Judges Guild, that is easily determined based on the highest numbered items listed in the treasure vault, or booty list at the back of most of the books.

For Tegel Manor, ask the seller for a picture of the back side of that cover sheet.
Same for the Cover sheet of the CSotWE.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:14 am 

Hey everyone,

So I picked up a couple of JG items from sigmarschest.

I had a question for one of them:
Dragon Crown by Judge's Guild

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I've been informed that the plastic map with the module is not standard.

Does anyone know what it belongs to?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ronald

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:13 am 

The book map is on page 13.
It appears to me that a previous owner photocopied/printed the map on to a plastic overhead projector sheet.  Or something similar.  I've seen that before.  It can be useful to mark up the map with dry erase markers, then clean it for next time.  Until it ages :)

rhynne wrote:Hey everyone,

So I picked up a couple of JG items from sigmarschest.

I had a question for one of them:
Dragon Crown by Judge's Guild

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I've been informed that the plastic map with the module is not standard.

Does anyone know what it belongs to?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ronald

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:19 am 

Scathaigh wrote:The book map is on page 13.
It appears to me that a previous owner photocopied/printed the map on to a plastic overhead projector sheet.  Or something similar.  I've seen that before.  It can be useful to mark up the map with dry erase markers, then clean it for next time.  Until it ages :)

Hey Scathaigh,

Nice, thank you for the explanation. :)

Best regards,
Ronald

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:22 am 

Hey everyone,

Revised City State of the Invincible Overlord

Seller will ship internationally with one rule which I found interesting.

"I accept paypal will combine shipping and will ship international except to countries with dodgy postal service."

Which countries was he referring to?
Just for my future reference. :)

Best regards,
Ronald

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:33 am 

It has been well established that Italy has a terrible postal system.

Martin

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:14 pm 

How about this?

Hector.

Habent sua fata libelli 8)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:10 pm 

Chucho68 wrote:How about this?

Hector.

Those maps belong to the revised CSIO

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:38 pm 

Prufrock wrote:It has been well established that Italy has a terrible postal system.

Martin

Brazil doesn't have the most pristine reputation, either.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:41 am 

Prufrock wrote:It has been well established that Italy has a terrible postal system.

Martin

I found that things 'go missing' a lot if you ship to Italy and you declare the value of stuff. If you send registered there is no requirement for the recipient to sign for stuff, so unless you're gonna use UPS or some such, there is no way to protect yourself from the Italian corruption there.

Things got slightly better from the UK now that we don't need to make customs declarations to Italy, but theft is rife and their public still refuse to acknowlege receipt of mail even when shipped registered.

Don't ever ship to Italy unless you know and trust the guy you're shipping to. It's not worth losing your money with no recourse. Too much crime in the system.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:02 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I found that things 'go missing' a lot if you ship to Italy and you declare the value of stuff. If you send registered there is no requirement for the recipient to sign for stuff, so unless you're gonna use UPS or some such, there is no way to protect yourself from the Italian corruption there.

Things got slightly better from the UK now that we don't need to make customs declarations to Italy, but theft is rife and their public still refuse to acknowlege receipt of mail even when shipped registered.

Don't ever ship to Italy unless you know and trust the guy you're shipping to. It's not worth losing your money with no recourse. Too much crime in the system.

Thanks Ian for your words!

As i have always asked (and this caused me some strives in the past...) i dont want to cheat/fraud while declaring a different value on the duty custom form... i want to avoid additional troubles.

My 2 cents in order to better explain the italian case:

all in all, the italian postal system is not the best in the world but i have not thjat much to complain about it... ok, timing is not performing properly and costs are extremelty high, but i rarely had issues with losses or damages...

what is awful, to avoid as much as possible are the italian duty customs!!! they are likley the main cause to losses, delays and damages on item! now, if you declare your goods below a certain threshold (say less than 20 bucks) then the process bypasses the duty custom and this is smtg vital if you dont want to have neverending issues with them.

i will leave you just a single case to better understand: i bought from the US a divine right game. this, of course, had a final value igher than 20 bucks... so it stopped to the duty customs... they found that in the box there was a metallic box (the seller used to keep all the counters in an old metal candy box) and they opened the box, they inspected the game and the candy box and... they closed and TAPED all the 4 sided of the game box with the brown tape!!!!

when i found it, i was totally astonished... i opened a claim and the claim is still there... it happended in 2005...

At the end of the day, if you want to have stressless deal with italian guys, it is sufficient to keep a low value of the goods... this will reduce by nearly zero your risks of troubles! in apprxo 8 years of trading with the US i had one loss only.

Thanks for your patience and ciaooo
axel

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:22 am 

At least there is no 'customs' problem now within Europe, but the problem the US guys have is, if they ship something to Italy worth $100, and it 'goes missing' or 'shows as delivered but not signed for' (the two most common fraudulent chargeback claims), the very best the schmuck in the US can hope for is the declared value of the package back from the postal system. So if the idiot downgraded the value to $20, the onbly loser is himself. I don't think most established US sellers are that stupid, and it's pretty rediculous to ask a seller to take the risk and rip himself off just to avoud the theft and fraud in the italian postal service.

Now, if he were to say, "I know this guy and I know that guy, so I'll ship to them using the conventional method, but all others get shipped to safely with UPS at $220", at least he's being fair to those he knows and trusts, and covering his back with those he doesn't and reducing his exposure to the criminals who run the systems in Italy.

The problem is the level of crime in Italy that is build into the very fabric of society at all levels. Right up to Government. There is no way of removing it, any more than you can remove the italian crime families from the New York construction industry or Miami docks. It is what it is. All an eBay seller can do is keep himself safe.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:03 am 

aia wrote:
Thanks Ian for your words!

As i have always asked (and this caused me some strives in the past...) i dont want to cheat/fraud while declaring a different value on the duty custom form... i want to avoid additional troubles.

My 2 cents in order to better explain the italian case:

all in all, the italian postal system is not the best in the world but i have not thjat much to complain about it... ok, timing is not performing properly and costs are extremelty high, but i rarely had issues with losses or damages...

what is awful, to avoid as much as possible are the italian duty customs!!! they are likley the main cause to losses, delays and damages on item! now, if you declare your goods below a certain threshold (say less than 20 bucks) then the process bypasses the duty custom and this is smtg vital if you dont want to have neverending issues with them.

i will leave you just a single case to better understand: i bought from the US a divine right game. this, of course, had a final value igher than 20 bucks... so it stopped to the duty customs... they found that in the box there was a metallic box (the seller used to keep all the counters in an old metal candy box) and they opened the box, they inspected the game and the candy box and... they closed and TAPED all the 4 sided of the game box with the brown tape!!!!

when i found it, i was totally astonished... i opened a claim and the claim is still there... it happended in 2005...

At the end of the day, if you want to have stressless deal with italian guys, it is sufficient to keep a low value of the goods... this will reduce by nearly zero your risks of troubles! in apprxo 8 years of trading with the US i had one loss only.

Thanks for your patience and ciaooo
axel

We have the same issue here in Canada, claiming the true value is an exuse for customs to open up and ruin your item.  I have no problem paying the extra duties but it is a shame when a fine collectable is destroyed by some dough head at the border.  

Putting a low value for the cutoms sheet may be "illegal" but it is practicle.  I once had an item I pruchased on Ebay for over $4,000 shipped as a used book for $20,00.  I had it in my hand in a few days.  If this was declared at the true value the item surely would have been opened and wrecked  :( .  No thanks!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:45 am 

Difference in Canada is, if I ship something to you International SIgned-For, or Airsure, I can be sure your postal service will get a signiature at your address at your end, and that is all I need as proof of receipt of goods to cover me with PayPal's Seller Protection Policy.

In Italy there is no such assurance, and this allows a lot of buyers in that country to deny they received their goods and claim their money back through PayPal. At the same time, if the italian postal monkeys say it was delivered, PayPal say FU, sue the buyer.

So fraud is rife in Italy and they know there is nothing you can do about it as a seller. I've had exactly the same issue with Greece. I know there are honest buyers, and I know there are honest postal workers in Italy and Greece, but it's a complete turkey shoot, and crime and corruption are far more acceptable in italian culture. It's no big deal screwing foreigners, and the moral upstanding citisens are figting an uphill battle to try to get their country to be less corrupt.

I'd sooner send unrecorded to Canada than I'd send recorded to Italy unless I knew the person receiving the goods and trusted them.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 88 of 95123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 939495