Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 86 of 95123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 939495
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:14 am 

Duck Tower is a Runequest module.  I've been meaning to pick up a copy just for the sake of being a completist.

I keep forgetting to look out for it.

Invincible Overlord wrote:
I was bidding on a JG module called Duck Tower at Gencon against the Burntwire Brothers and got it for $12 or $15...

... As God as my witness I swore the auctioneer was saying Dark Tower as I had my bidder card raised high in the air...  :lol:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:56 am 

seller has some limited ed JG packs.. some I can't remember seeing before

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:17 am 

beasterbrook wrote:seller has some limited ed JG packs.. some I can't remember seeing before

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

Hopefully Shane will get these entries filled in:

Fantasy Campaign Booster Pack
Treasure Pack
Adventure Scenario Pack

I dont recall ever seeing auctions for these before either.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:38 pm 

Aaron is selling the original manuscript for Inferno.  Very cool, but as usual for NobleKnight, a bit on the pricey side.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:58 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:seller has some limited ed JG packs.. some I can't remember seeing before

Hey Brette,

Thanks for the heads up.
That 1023 pack is really interesting to me.

Best regards,
Ronald

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:01 am 

They've been hawking this for well over a year now. Someone is badly deluded about how valuable the work is. It's just another module banged out by JG. If it were the original MS for CSIO, I could see someone thinking it were a fair price, but this is a case of someone thinking they've got ahold of a landmark MS when in fact they've got just regular pulp dungeon work.

I've been buying from NKG for many years, always when they screw up and get the price wrong. They never really seem to be able to learn and either price things way overboard or they badly underprice their stock and throw their priofits away.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:17 pm 

The manuscript is a unique item and there's obviously no hurry to sell low and take a lesser amount.

When it comes to manuscripts of the D20 era...say, two decades from now...there mostly won't be any manuscripts because everything was done on computer, including maps.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:56 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I've been buying from NKG for many years, always when they screw up and get the price wrong. They never really seem to be able to learn and either price things way overboard or they badly underprice their stock and throw their priofits away.

These sound like calculated moves - the expensive items are meant to sit there forever & look cool, essentially a museum to attract attention. The bargains encourage customers to look through more of the catalog in hopes of finding stuff cheap. In any event, you say you've been buying from them for years, so they must be doing something right.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:27 pm 

FormCritic wrote:When it comes to manuscripts of the D20 era...say, two decades from now...there mostly won't be any manuscripts because everything was done on computer, including maps.

Interesting point!  I can just see someone hawking, "The original .DOC file for XYZ1 - NM !"

:?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:21 pm 

sauromatian wrote:
These sound like calculated moves - the expensive items are meant to sit there forever & look cool, essentially a museum to attract attention. The bargains encourage customers to look through more of the catalog in hopes of finding stuff cheap. In any event, you say you've been buying from them for years, so they must be doing something right.

Not really.

If I buy soemthing from them because there's a $10-20 profit in it for me, that's an item that's underpriced by $10-20. I don't think I've ever bought anything from NKG that I haven't been able to turn a profit on. It's just a case that they don't employ anyone to monitor or follow the market. Unlike T&T who overprice everything and use that to cempensate for the ignornace of their staff, NKG are probably ignorant of the money they are losing, and at the same time, probably wonder why their rediculously priced items won't sell.

But as a buyer, there's always money to be made if sellers don't know what they are selling. That's how eBay resellers make their money after all.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:24 pm 

DMF wrote:
Interesting point!  I can just see someone hawking, "The original .DOC file for XYZ1 - NM !"

:?

Well I don't know. Let's say some printer somewhere had the original CZ:UW printing files on a CD. That'd fetch a lot of money if it went up for sale. There's also a backup digital image for the Acaeum print somewhere, be it known or unknown, maybe on a tape backup or an external harddrive at some printers somewhere, and the same sorts of files exist for may things.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:33 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Hopefully Shane will get these entries filled in:

Fantasy Campaign Booster Pack
Treasure Pack
Adventure Scenario Pack

I dont recall ever seeing auctions for these before either.

Asked seller, shall see what the response is.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:31 am 

FormCritic wrote:The manuscript is a unique item and there's obviously no hurry to sell low and take a lesser amount.

When it comes to manuscripts of the D20 era...say, two decades from now...there mostly won't be any manuscripts because everything was done on computer, including maps.

I don't know how other RPG authors do their workflow but I have various printouts of all my projects at various stages including maps. Mind you it isn't a manuscript like back in the day but still they are pre-print items.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:55 pm 

Hey everyone,

About an hour left for three JG books, but note that 2 of them are not complete.

3 Vintage Dungeons & Dragons Judges Guilds

My question is how do you value something like this, when 2 of the booklets do not have the maps with them?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ronald

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:39 am 

Survival of the Fittest is an earlier print run. Quite a hard one to come by. The other two are supplement releases without their maps. Unless the buyer was after Survival of the fittest or had a specific hole to fill in an early supplement edition, I suspect they over paid for what they've got.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:22 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Survival of the Fittest is an earlier print run. Quite a hard one to come by. The other two are supplement releases without their maps. Unless the buyer was after Survival of the fittest or had a specific hole to fill in an early supplement edition, I suspect they over paid for what they've got.

The maps are easy to pick up and frankenstein...  :D

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:03 pm 

rhynne wrote:Hey everyone,
About an hour left for three JG books, but note that 2 of them are not complete.
3 Vintage Dungeons & Dragons Judges Guilds

My question is how do you value something like this, when 2 of the booklets do not have the maps with them?
Thank you. Best regards, Ronald

Invincible Overlord wrote:The maps are easy to pick up and frankenstein...  :D

The Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde are not easy to find at all.
But if you have a stash of them please let me know.

From my limited experience, those maps are the toughest to find of all the Tan/Brown Judges Guild Wilderlands Maps (Not counting 1st prints, over others).

Even so, I would have spent that much on that lot and then some.
The SofF book is a 1st print and tough to find in decent condition and although that one is not minty at all; Still worth +/- $10 IMO.
The two Wilderlands books would also be worth around $10 each to me.
That is if I did not already have plenty of all those items.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:10 pm 

Hey everyone,

So whose in the running for these?

I'm tempted to buy them just to open the shrink. :P

Best regards,
Ronald

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 86 of 95123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 939495