Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 84 of 95123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 939495
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:59 am 

rhynne wrote:Hey everyone,

Lot of Dungeon TAC cards from Judges Guild

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

I was looking at them but shipping to Hong Kong is ridiculous for these.

Best regards,
Ronald

At least they shouldn't be photocopies! :)
(Same seller had photocopies of Character Archaic that they refused to withdraw from sale and ended up costing me $$ to purchase/destroy...).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:13 pm 

Hey everyone,

Seller has a lot of JG products up for bid.

But the two items that really caught my eye:

Tegel Manor1980 RARE Judges Guild D&D

** eBay auction listing blocked.  Please enable cookies in your browser for this site and for eBay! **

DARK TOWER 1st Edition Judges Guild D&D

Dark Tower looks a bit warped though.

Best regards,
Ronald

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 pm 

His starting bids overvalue the Dark Tower and undervalue the Tegel Manor.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 pm 

FormCritic wrote:His starting bids overvalue the Dark Tower and undervalue the Tegel Manor.

Hey FormCritic,

So then just bid for the Tegel Manor then? :)

Thanks for the advice.

Best regards,
Ronald

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:15 am 

rhynne wrote:Hey everyone,

Seller has a lot of JG products up for bid.

But the two items that really caught my eye:

Tegel Manor1980 RARE Judges Guild D&D

DARK TOWER 1st Edition Judges Guild D&D

Dark Tower looks a bit warped though.

Best regards,
Ronald

Agree with formcritic.
The starting price for the Dark Tower is too high; Seller might as well BIN it.
Looks nice though, even if it was bent in half at some point.
Those are VERY tough to find in Mint Condition.
That starting Price is not rediculous, but I would not pay that much for it even if it was a BIN of $48.39 (USD) rather than just a starting price.
I know of another copy that is in nice condition in the US with a BIN for $50.
It has been listed on e-Bay for a VERY LONG TIME....

This seller has a LOT of rediculous prices for his Judges Guild items.
Only a VERY few are even close to reasonable, and many of those JG Books can be found for a couple of bucks almost any day on e-Bay.

And a lot of those books look like they were bent in half too.

Do not want to embarress the guy, but here are more examples:
Village Book 1 for $64 and change?   8O
cgi.ebay.com/Village-Book-1-VERY-RARE-J ... 2eb6096b9a
It AINT even nearly that rare.

Ravenscrag is admittedly selling for more than usual of late, but this one is Almost twice what I would be willing to pay for his copy.
$64.53
cgi.ebay.com/Ravenscrag-Judges-Guild-D- ... 2eb604177f

An example of an item that you can find for a few dollars and this book is constantly listed on e-Bay through local sellers.
Seller listed it for over $16.
cgi.ebay.com/Nightmare-Maze-Jigresh-Jud ... 2eb6041668

Here is a MINT looking copy of that same book with a BIN of just $6...
cgi.ebay.com/JUDGES-GUILD-NIGHTMARE-MAZ ... 588e682f02
Another minty looking copy with a BIN at just $2 USD... and you can buy at least 10 of them at that price from this seller.
(I suspect the seller has a lot more than 10 of them)
cgi.ebay.com/Judges-Guild-Nightmare-Maz ... 3a44308f0a

After looking many of those items over, it seems to me his starting prices would be at about the MAX limit if he turned those Pound amounts in to US Dollars instead.

So about 150-165% of actual value.... for most of those items.
Though for a few of the items listed, the starting prices are about right for the max value...

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:54 pm 

Maybe he's fishing for suckers?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:51 am 

I don't know anything about JG stuff, but this looks like a set of early stuff:

RARE D D Judges Guild 1st 11 Issues More Complete | eBay

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 pm 

TheHistorian wrote:I don't know anything about JG stuff, but this looks like a set of early stuff:

RARE D D Judges Guild 1st 11 Issues More Complete | eBay

I guess if you dont mind the condition it could be a potentially good deal.  Some of it looks pretty beat up.  Stored in an attic for 20+ years, probably smells too.  But there is what looks to be a 1st print of Booklet I in there as well as Booklets J and K.  Some other pretty hard to find stuff as well.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:05 am 

I think you're seeing the beat up envelopes rather than the beat up contents.

This lot has good historical value...if each of the installments is indeed complete and in its original envelope.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:08 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I think you're seeing the beat up envelopes rather than the beat up contents.

Not sure what you are looking at but there are no mailing envelopes (seller confirmed in Q&A).  What I do see is a significant amount of heat damage to the journals which causes the paper to become brittle (and is stated in the description).  There also seems to be some staining on some of the maps.  Possibly due to heat reacting with residue from 20 year old fingerprints.  Booklets look pretty decent though.  I just worry that whoever wins the auction may also have to deal with mildew or mold as well.  Norman, OK gets pretty humid during the summer.  One good thing is that there doesnt look to be any apparent damage from silverfish and other bugs or rodents.

FormCritic wrote:This lot has good historical value

No doubt about that.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:30 am 

Dungeon Tac Cards - 1st...

Sweetness!  I just scored a package of these in a baggy in the used game section at a store.

Awesome condition for the cards, only issue being a small letter penned on one side of alot of the cards.
Should be complete, card count matched 135, though I have to do a more thorough card count later.

One doesn't find that every day <gryn>

~Scathaigh~

~Scathaigh~
~Lord Nobody~

Last edited by Scathaigh on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
 YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:31 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
No doubt about that.

Hey everyone,

Was just wondering did anyone from the Acaeum win that auction?

In case anyone forgot, it was this one:

RARE D&D Judges Guild 1st 11 issues + more COMPLETE

The final price was US$310.00

Best regards,
Ronald

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:35 am 

Hey everyone,

Revised City State of the Invincible Overlord.
I think it's complete and looks in decent shape too.
I think it's either a first or second print.

D&D~DUNGEONS DRAGON~JUDGES GUILD~INVINCIBLE OVERLORD

Seller won't ship out of USA though.

Best regards,
Ronald

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:17 pm 

rhynne wrote:

Hey everyone,

Was just wondering did anyone from the Acaeum win that auction?

In case anyone forgot, it was this one:

RARE D&D Judges Guild 1st 11 issues + more COMPLETE

The final price was US$310.00

Best regards,
Ronald

Whoa!  I just last week ran across my complete run of early JGJ - in better condition than these - and was wondering if they have any value.  Apparently so!

Anyone wanna make an offer?  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:05 pm 

DMF wrote:Whoa!  I just last week ran across my complete run of early JGJ - in better condition than these - and was wondering if they have any value.  Apparently so!

Anyone wanna make an offer?  :D

I believe the white booklet I was the main reason this went for so much.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:18 pm 

Hey everyone,

Ok I've been following some JG items as I was interested in getting a hold of these. But the prices are going higher than what I was willing to pay.

So I just wanted to get some opinions on this board, are these prices going higher than what they should be?

Or am I missing something?

Judges Guild CITY STATE INVINCIBLE OVERLORD D&D Gaming

It's a revised City State, I think 5th or 6th printing, and currently at US$61.00 with under an hour to go.

1980 Judges Guild D&D Game Book TEGEL MANOR Fantasy

It's a 3rd print Tegel Manor at US$43.00 and 2 1/2 hours to go.

Are these prices right for these items?

Best regards,
Ronald

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:50 am 

rhynne:  

You are looking at two auctions for the most popular and hard-to-get Judges Guild items.

Tegel Manor is much sought-after and this is a good copy of that edition.

City State of the Invicible Overlord is another prime item and this copy is in good condition.

If you look at how many bids there are for each of those two auctions you'll get an idea of the interest in them by a number of collectors.

Most Judges Guild items are out there for much less.  If you are just a bit patient, you can find the bulk of the Judges Guild modules and other items for around $5 or less.

A few Judges Guild items have gone up in value recently as buyers have perceived the availabilty as going down.  Escape from Atigar's Lair and Temple of Ra Accursed by Set are two examples of this trend.  I believe that Restormel and Demons of Dundurn will soon join this list.

Sooner or later, all Judges Guild items that were abandoned in storage containers and warehouses will sell out.  Then you will see virtually every item go up in price.  Some will remain at $10 or less for some time because of the large number printed, but most will rise to the $20 range.

So...now is the time to snap up Judges Guild commons and look about diligently for the pricier items.  Chances are, if you search online and keep an eye open, some of the more expensive Judges Guild items will fall into your hands.  (My two copies of Dark Tower cost $10 and $5...at a time when $30 was the norm.)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:24 am 

FormCritic wrote:rhynne:  

You are looking at two auctions for the most popular and hard-to-get Judges Guild items.

Tegel Manor is much sought-after and this is a good copy of that edition.

City State of the Invicible Overlord is another prime item and this copy is in good condition.

If you look at how many bids there are for each of those two auctions you'll get an idea of the interest in them by a number of collectors.

Most Judges Guild items are out there for much less.  If you are just a bit patient, you can find the bulk of the Judges Guild modules and other items for around $5 or less.

A few Judges Guild items have gone up in value recently as buyers have perceived the availabilty as going down.  Escape from Atigar's Lair and Temple of Ra Accursed by Set are two examples of this trend.  I believe that Restormel and Demons of Dundurn will soon join this list.

Sooner or later, all Judges Guild items that were abandoned in storage containers and warehouses will sell out.  Then you will see virtually every item go up in price.  Some will remain at $10 or less for some time because of the large number printed, but most will rise to the $20 range.

So...now is the time to snap up Judges Guild commons and look about diligently for the pricier items.  Chances are, if you search online and keep an eye open, some of the more expensive Judges Guild items will fall into your hands.  (My two copies of Dark Tower cost $10 and $5...at a time when $30 was the norm.)

Hey FormCritic,

Thank you for the detailed reply.

I was comparing the final prices for these items compared to what is listed in the ACAEUM price list for the same items. As I use that to get a ballpark figure of what they should be going for.

I noticed an increase of about 50% comparing the Ebay price and the ACAEUM price list. So because of this difference I was wondering whether or not they went for too much? Or is it the correct price?

Best regards,
Ronald

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 84 of 95123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 939495