Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 71 of 95123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 939495
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:39 pm 

ZVAB.com (Millions of Used Books, Rare Books and Out-of-Print Books)

This one is not on Ebay exactly, but it is a Dark Tower for $30 including shipping, in case anyone here is interested.  :wink:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:41 pm 

FormCritic wrote:ZVAB.com (Millions of Used Books, Rare Books and Out-of-Print Books)

This one is not on Ebay exactly, but it is a Dark Tower for $30 including shipping, in case anyone here is interested.  :wink:

This is a quicklink Dark Tower, not Judges Guild. Just so people don't think they are getting the old one.

NOTE: There was a quicklink copy on ebay last week for $23 and free shipping.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:44 pm 

Oh, Geez.  Good catch, Jason.

Sorry everyone  :oops:   Not worth it.

I was tricked because the search engine that got me there was linked to the name "Jaquays."

Paul Jaquays' name does not appear on the first D20 try at Dark Tower.  The publishers acted like Jaquays did not even exist...a discourtesy to an author that seems well nigh inexcusable.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:54 pm 

Lot of 7 Judges Guild books for a reasonable BIN.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:48 pm 

The Maltese Falcon is in there.  It is much less common of late.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:53 pm 

FormCritic wrote:The Maltese Falcon is in there.  It is much less common of late.

I loved that book (and the movie, and the spoof)

But this is the Maltese Clue.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:56 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
I loved that book (and the movie, and the spoof)

But this is the Maltese Clue.

Right again, dangit!  :oops:

Just keep on correcting me, Jason.  I'll pretend that I meant to set you up...like a comedy team.  :D

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:59 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
Right again, dangit!  :oops:

Just keep on correcting me, Jason.  I'll pretend that I meant to set you up...like a comedy team.  :D

That's two drinks ya owe me.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:40 pm 

This seller has a bunch of JG items up including a Dark Tower, but some of the listings say "sealed"???

eBay listings

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:18 am 

misterspock wrote:This seller has a bunch of JG items up including a Dark Tower, but some of the listings say "sealed"???

eBay listings

I'm guessing that "sealed" is a way to not say "shrinkwrapped," as in:

"These have been re-sealed, but since a thing that has been re-sealed is, in fact, sealed, I am not really lying.  Right?"

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:00 am 

The "seals" seem genuine to me. For instance, his JG items appear to have the sort of looser S/W I've noticed as characteristic of Judges Guild items I've purchased in the past (and those I can vouch for as new, I always remove S/W). The S/W on the TSR mods looks right too, as does that on his Role Aids stuff (too tight, F'ed up).

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:03 am 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:The "seals" seem genuine to me. For instance, his JG items appear to have the sort of looser S/W I've noticed as characteristic of Judges Guild items I've purchased in the past (and those I can vouch for as new, I always remove S/W). The S/W on the TSR mods looks right too, as does that on his Role Aids stuff (too tight, F'ed up).

Agreed.

JG items never really had a tight shrink wrap. It was more like a sealed bag than a shrink wrap, and hence him calling it sealed...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:06 am 

Yeah that's Judges Guild shrink wrap.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:40 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Are these tac cards?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:52 pm 

Don't think so. Think they are Arduin.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:06 pm 

Yes, they are Arduin.  I spotted those last night.  I can't tell if they are bits from these cardstock items or bits from the Dungeon Modules.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:01 pm 

Plaag wrote:Yeah that's Judges Guild shrink wrap.

ShaneG.

As I remember it, we got quite heavy plastic bags that were heat sealed with this little machine that had a guillotine arm that caused the the two heated strips to come together. It was one of the first capital expenses we had. Bob Jr reminded me that the first Selectric typewriter was leased not purchased.

My father had bought several Selectric typewriters for the travel agency in the past because it allowed us to type through the 7 copies of airline tickets and still be legible--that got us a surprising amount of business because typically the travelers couldn't read handwritten tickets. Anyway, they were around $1000 per typewriter so think $3800 in today's money! Talk about a barrier to getting into business.

Indeed they were not run through a shrink wrap "tunnel". Because with relatively few pieces of paper, I figured they would buckle without a cardboard sheet. And why spend the gamers' money on useless packaging? We were really gamers and not big business men or professional publishers so perhaps we did some pretty weird stuff by comparison.

Ready Ref sheets were in a paper envelope. And then later they were re-released as a booklet because it eliminated all the collating and handling and we could provide more sheets for no more money.

That became the standard MO where possible (i.e. no separate maps). And eventually after I left the cost was reduced further by making the covers be "self covers" i.e. not separately printed and stitched onto the web(s) of 16 page sections.

It may not be much of a disclosure but the darned covers were a relatively high proportion of the physical cost of the product. But with just 2 colors of ink they usually looked nice. And I say physical cost because it omits the cost of the work the author and graphics people!

Bob's buddy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:08 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Don't think so. Think they are Arduin.

I probably shouldn't add this but we were typically opinionated about things we knew little about. I used to refer to Arduin Grimore as Hard Doing Cry More. Maybe it was just a Decatur thing but making a mockery of names was pretty typical.*

Then karma came around had my players warp one of my NPC's name, Brinna Birget, into Brenda Beergut. Sigh.

*But then one should consider the biblical recommendation:
Proverbs 19:25 Proverbs 19:25 NIV - Flog a mocker, and the simple will - Bible Gateway

Bob's buddy

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 71 of 95123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 939495