Interesting Judges Guild Items on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 66 of 95123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 939495
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:32 pm 

obiter wrote:i've bought more than most from cougar and i've always received the items as photographed. If it's been described as SW then it comes in all its crinkly JG SW glory

I've never had a problem buying from Cougie either. Always received my items well packages, quickly shipped and as described. He's always been a good communicator with me also.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:55 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I've never had a problem buying from Cougie either. Always received my items well packages, quickly shipped and as described. He's always been a good communicator with me also.

Please note that everyone here who has not had a problem with Cougie has one glaring item in common (HINT:  They do not have US addresses).  Cougie is a piece of shit, but he's smart enough not to crap where he eats....all his more egregious sins seem to fall upon his American buyers/sellers, not his countrymen.  If you're in the UK you are probably ok dealing with him (doesn't want any irate buyers showing up on the doorstep of his hovel); if you are from the US, I'd just pass him buy and purchase anything you need from an American source rather than take any chances....It's not worth the chance of being BLOCK WIPED.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:16 am 

Mike speak truth.

I've never personally had a problem with DM Dave - as a buyer or a seller; but Mikes point about US ebayers (sellers and buyers) has been proven time and again I'm afraid.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:39 pm 

well I'll buy off Dave and send on to US for cost if that helps

given the new exchange rate that means 1c for a module and 2c postage :roll:

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:54 pm 

well i am trying to offload loads of my common JG stuff as i dont have the space to store it basically. have gotten rid of lots but there is some more. if anyone wants any cheap (even multiples), then PM me.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:50 pm 

Thanks for the comments everyone. I wanted to mention that the "coffee table" version of the book will have larger versions of photos/scans in many cases. Sometimes though the scans were already maxed out and so not all will be larger.

There was practical maximum page count on the booklet at 36 pages... but with 40 hardbound pages and 50% more page real estate, should make a difference.

I don't expect to sell many because the cost of 11x13" hardbound books via print on demand is rather excessive but figured "why not give it a shot?"! Maybe I'll be the only with a copy! And then I'll have to buy a coffee table! And learn to drink coffee...

PS the hardbound book is likely to go through blurb.com and so possibly instead of ebay, it's safest to look for it at Bill Owen, Judges Guild's co-founder

JohnGaunt wrote:The photos and scans add useful information to the stories.  Certain things (Woody, the psychedelic Playboy bag, game notes and maps) are impossible to describe with words.  The color is also necessary, even for the monochrome items.  I wish the photos and scans could have been larger, though that would have increased the page count and broken up the flow/cohesiveness of the articles.

Nitpicking: The book is nearly free from typos.  I found one place where the singular "stand" is used instead of the plural "stands".  Some commas are missing in places.  And that's all I can find to nitpick.  :)

The book is a great read that is amusing, informative, and touching.  Thanks for making an honest, down-to-earth recollection of Judges Guild.

Bob's buddy

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:18 pm 

I'm in

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:49 pm 

Ditto.
Would also be interested in a PDF purchase.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:50 am 

I hope someone knows which version of Dark Tower they are bidding on here ...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0276727040

Steve

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:11 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Ditto.
Would also be interested in a PDF purchase.

In case I didn't already say... I am planning to have a pdf version of the letter-size edition but not the coffee table version. It will be up at Bill Owen, Judges Guild's co-founder either shortly or late January... LL and his amazons are going to Costa Rica early in January!

Bob's buddy

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:36 pm 

Bill Owen wrote:In case I didn't already say... I am planning to have a pdf version of the letter-size edition but not the coffee table version. It will be up at Bill Owen, Judges Guild's co-founder either shortly or late January... LL and his amazons are going to Costa Rica early in January!

thought ian said purchase as in i-am-willing-to-pay-$$ :lol: :lol:
others probably too even if not big money

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:08 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:thought ian said purchase as in i-am-willing-to-pay-$$ :lol: :lol:
others probably too even if not big money

Oh, my goal is to have BOTH a coffee-table edition ON PAPER and a letter-sized PDF on electrons.

Bob's buddy

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:49 am 

Here is a nice JG lot with a low starting bid:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:16 am 

Bill Owen wrote:
You're welcome! Did the photos, scans etc. add much? And same with the articles; I mean did you try to read the tiny print in those articles? For me, I'd have to take off my glasses and hold 2" from my nose!

I'm considering a couple of new projects but will let you know if they get to a point of imminent release.

Got mine today! Thanks Bill.

I was really touched by the memorial but boy did it make me sad.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:50 pm 

Large lot with low starting bid:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:35 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Got mine today! Thanks Bill.

I was really touched by the memorial but boy did it make me sad.

You're welcome. It's a strange thing because I personally miss Bob VERY much but I was also relieved that he returned to faith so strongly that he exhibited great strength to go and open the next door that most of us want to pretend isn't in there.

Of course, he borrowed the strength from an unlimited source.

I'm so pleased that there are still so many JG fans interested in the world that Bob started and I got be Woody the Ogre in.

Bob's buddy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:37 am 

Just so you know, I have decided to make the big 'coffee table' hardbound book version of my JG history have more pages (80 instead of 36 in the booklet). The first half of the book will be the same as the booklet but then the latter half will be mostly scans of original items and vintage photos.

Therein lies the problem with this approach. I have sold virtually all of my original items and now are left to beg from the purchasers for scans of them!

If you bought something from me ancient and especially if unique, would you consider scanning it at 240 DPI (ideally) and send to me at [email protected] ?

I already have a few people who have volunteered to do this and I will give you credit for the scans you send. THANKS!

Bob's buddy

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:38 am 

Oh, I was using sloppy terminology when I said DPI, that's 240 pixels per inch resolution!

Bob's buddy

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 66 of 95123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 939495