Nice JG findings
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 1412, 3, 4, 5 ... 121314
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4475
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:12 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:hey shane



well done on that gencon IX win. my feckin bid of $311 didnt register :?



ah well never mind - i did get beastmaker mountain so it wasnt such a disaster :)



Al




Yeah seen you win the Beastmaker..watching that to see if it would go for what I paid..you got it cheaper :)

And 311 would not have mattered  :wink:

Beyond the win, am really happy for that coupon code..saved $25  :D



ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:15 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:hey shane



well done on that gencon IX win. my feckin bid of $311 didnt register :?



ah well never mind - i did get beastmaker mountain so it wasnt such a disaster :)



Al




Yeah seen you win the Beastmaker..watching that to see if it would go for what I paid..you got it cheaper :)

And 311 would not have mattered :wink:

Beyond the win, am really happy for that coupon code..saved $25 :D



ShaneG.




yeha i am gonna go find that coupon thingy myself. that will come in kinda handy eh :)



now all i want is kobold hall now - anyone got one they wanna offload?



:)



Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4475
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:46 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8729931164

Interesting in that its a great product, yes..
Proves there are at least 5 printings now, yes..
That the character checklist is like Al's (though double sided).. :roll:
Yeah, another kink in the printing debate. Makes me :cry: but I'm :lol: to hard.

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:07 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8729931164

Interesting in that its a great product, yes..
Proves there are at least 5 printings now, yes..
That the character checklist is like Al's (though double sided).. :roll:
Yeah, another kink in the printing debate. Makes me :cry: but I'm :lol: to hard.

ShaneG.


good win chummer - shows the tegels are holding very high prices for quality complete items!

the character list in the book itself? or does it have a seperated character checklist?

in the back of my 4th, the back page inner and outer is a charactre checklist. inside is white, outside is purple.

Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4475
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:54 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Plaag wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8729931164

Interesting in that its a great product, yes..
Proves there are at least 5 printings now, yes..
That the character checklist is like Al's (though double sided).. :roll:
Yeah, another kink in the printing debate. Makes me :cry: but I'm :lol: to hard.

ShaneG.


good win chummer - shows the tegels are holding very high prices for quality complete items!

the character list in the book itself? or does it have a seperated character checklist?

in the back of my 4th, the back page inner and outer is a charactre checklist. inside is white, outside is purple.

Al


That Tegel have a Treasure Vault with highest # being 750? (if so its a 5th..if not I'll need to know more info  :wink: )
The characters checklist is a seperate sheet (you can see only a bit of it under the color cover sheet in the photo). Oh, and is the white/purple checklists in your copy like the one from #14?

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:04 am 
 

ooh another print eh :) i really dont see the point of reprinting the same book like that do you?

so on yours, whats on the back pages then?

the font on the character checklist is the same as #14 but thats all.

and yes #750 is the last item....

Al



  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1649
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 05, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:22 am 
 

First Fantasy Campaign in shrink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8737754839

I thought the $20 BIN was a good price whether or not it was in shrink.

I received it yesterday & it looks good. Now my dilemma is - do I remove the shrinkwrap? I've been looking for this for a while & I want to read it. I normally don't buy shrinked items.

The shrink is loose and baggy. I can't see any defects on the booklet cover under the wrap. The map(s) are at the back, with the portion stating "First Fantasy Campaign" facing out. Any chance it's been re-shrinked? Please tell me yes...then I won't feel guilty about taking it off! :D

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:37 am 
 

that looks like its at least a 2nd print, maybe 3rd...still very nice for $20. very decent bargain there.

seems a shame to take it out the shrink tho chummer...

Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4475
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:35 pm 
 

That shrink appears original.

As for printing:
First Fantasy Campaign

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2020

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:21 pm 
 

Don't take it out of the shrink!  I will trade you a copy of my own just to keep it from getting opened!  (Heh!)   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:25 pm 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Don't take it out of the shrink! I will trade you a copy of my own just to keep it from getting opened! (Heh!)  8)


i have two 3rd prints (just found them)....i would trade one plus $ for a shrink one :D

heh MS look what youve started ;)

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2020

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:29 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:Don't take it out of the shrink! I will trade you a copy of my own just to keep it from getting opened! (Heh!) 8)


i have two 3rd prints (just found them)....i would trade one plus $ for a shrink one :D

heh MS look what youve started ;)

Al


   So!  My toootally innocent offer to trade has been moved in on by Alan the Big Dog?   :lol:


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1649
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 05, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:40 pm 
 

Thanks for the help, guys. I won't open it. I bought some other stuff last week, all non-shrink, so that will help me resist.

I can't tell from the scans on the FFC page whether mine is a 2nd or 3rd printing. The price at the bottom is $7.98.

I might consider trading it for an open FFC and an open Tegel Manor (any print except Gamescience), but I'll have to wait until after Christmas to decide. I won't have time to ship it until then anyway.

Here's another Judges Guild auction I won last week:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8732983368

CSOI for $5.50 from reindeergamez. No maps but I can't complain for that price. Plus it included a copy of War Cry (2nd) which I'd never even heard of.

Just getting into the Judges Guild stuff...never had any when I was younger. I remember one hobby shop in town that had a bunch of their stuff. I only had Dark Tower until this week.

Boy is the art terrible in CSOI...much worse than the D&D white box art.
War Cry actually has decent pics!
:D

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2020

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:43 am 
 

Unproffessional art, bad editing, poor layout....brilliant!  CSIO and other Judges Guild gems were the heighth of RPG technology when they came out.  Judges Guild was willing to take on themes and types of adventures that TSR seemed to conservative to try until much later.  Enjoy!

Mark     :lol:


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:00 am 
 

zhowar1 wrote:

I can't tell from the scans on the FFC page whether mine is a 2nd or 3rd printing. The price at the bottom is $7.98.

I might consider trading it for an open FFC and an open Tegel Manor (any print except Gamescience), but I'll have to wait until after Christmas to decide. I won't have time to ship it until then anyway.


*splutters on cup of coffee and nearly falls off chair* :D

i think its quite likely that its a 3rd myself. just going back over trying to remember what the differences are. iirc the 2nd i have (lying around someone) actually SAYS its a 2nd print on the 1st inner page. other than that the 2nd and 3rd covers look very similar. i dont remember the 2nd's being shrinked. 2nd's 1978? 3rd's 1979? must try and find my books and sort this before shane nags me more :)

zhowar1 wrote:
Here's another Judges Guild auction I won last week:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8732983368

CSOI for $5.50 from reindeergamez. No maps but I can't complain for that price. Plus it included a copy of War Cry (2nd) which I'd never even heard of.


yeah thats not a bad buy. if youre canny enough, you can find the maps (fencert has a map set up which i think has the CSIO maps in it) to go with your CSIO 2nd book and then the set is worth something a fair bit more than the book on its own. the war cry book is quite cool, but its never been much of a draw with regards to collectible JG products.

i havent looked at that for ages, but i think its like miniature rules for EPT?

zhowar1 wrote:
Just getting into the Judges Guild stuff...never had any when I was younger. I remember one hobby shop in town that had a bunch of their stuff. I only had Dark Tower until this week.


well bar for the infividual 1st print instalments and a smattering of others, dark tower and inferno, remain 2 of the more collectible JG items. most here will tell you that you dont normally come across them cheap and pristine condition copies will generally set you back a fair bit.

well worth keeping hold of that one chummer.

zhowar1 wrote:
Boy is the art terrible in CSOI...much worse than the D&D white box art.
War Cry actually has decent pics!
:D


welcome to the world of JG :) as MS states, this is what JG was like. it was a cheap, affordable product, which was amazing in its day. it was a small company and that was always the attraction of the product. it gave you just enough of what you needed and then it was all down to the DM to mould it to their way of doing things. imo, it still remains some of the best ever material out there which is worth collecting....not all of it mind, but some of it :)

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2020

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:25 pm 
 

Unprofessional work is a part of the charm of Judges Guild.  I have many great TSR products which have been edited and redacted into very neat and harmless publications....but which lack any soul and are so minutely crafted they cannot be used.

    I collect Judges Guild because in my mind they represent the spirit of the old gaming world.  Also, I could not afford to collect them back when I was in high school and now...I can.

    Still need a few odds and ends to round out my collection!   :)

Mark


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:53 pm 
 

MShipley88 wrote:   Still need a few odds and ends to round out my collection!  :)

Mark


like what....



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:54 am 
 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

nice win there bri! i had flagged that to bid and forgot :D

oh well at least it goes to a good home!

Al



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:00 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

nice win there bri! i had flagged that to bid and forgot :D

oh well at least it goes to a good home!

Al


I was actually just coming to post this one right now. :) I got a message from David last night so he was watching this as well. I actually only put in a token bid, fully expecting to at least get sniped by Shane, if not someone else. :wink: Shane must be slipping in his old age. :P


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4475
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:26 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

nice win there bri! i had flagged that to bid and forgot :D

oh well at least it goes to a good home!

Al


I was actually just coming to post this one right now. :) I got a message from David last night so he was watching this as well. I actually only put in a token bid, fully expecting to at least get sniped by Shane, if not someone else. :wink: Shane must be slipping in his old age. :P


Please..I already have one :P
I'm not one to try and grab every copy of something like others :wink: :wink:

ShaneG.

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 1412, 3, 4, 5 ... 121314