Nice JG findings
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:19 am 

man i am well pissed....if i had gone, they would have been miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine - i have been after them for bloody ages.

bah :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:44 am 

killjoy32 wrote:man i am well pissed....if i had gone, they would have been miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine - i have been after them for bloody ages.

Wasn't there a set on eBay a few months back. Went for about $90? :D

invincibleoverlord wrote:what do you mean by uncut? were they in a sheet/sheets, like uncut baseball cards?

Yeah. That one threw me too. 8O

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:43 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:man i am well pissed....if i had gone, they would have been miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine - i have been after them for bloody ages.

Wasn't there a set on eBay a few months back. Went for about $90? :D

invincibleoverlord wrote:what do you mean by uncut? were they in a sheet/sheets, like uncut baseball cards?

Yeah. That one threw me too. 8O

ya know, you can quickly go off ppl :)

i will get the next one rest assured!

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:46 am 

And that's before you find out whether there was a green or yellow cover card with the set. Yeah... :?

btw. was quite a bit more than $90, Al.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:17 am 

harami2000 wrote:

And that's before you find out whether there was a green or yellow cover card with the set. Yeah... :?

well like i said, when you want something enough, you will go after it chummer :)

mind you, yeah, when you stop and think about it - you think "well i may well want it but do i wanna pay that much" - normally i have bought it impulsively by that point :D

but in todays day where i am skint, i prb would have given it a miss at half the cost :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:09 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

well like i said, when you want something enough, you will go after it chummer :)

mind you, yeah, when you stop and think about it - you think "well i may well want it but do i wanna pay that much" - normally i have bought it impulsively by that point :D

but in todays day where i am skint, i prb would have given it a miss at half the cost :)

Al

We'll have a good fight over them then  :wink:  :D

I'm currious over the uncut sheets, becasue that adds another 'print'/'preprint' to that item.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:40 am 

Plaag wrote:
We'll have a good fight over them then :wink: :D

I'm currious over the uncut sheets, becasue that adds another 'print'/'preprint' to that item.

ShaneG.

ohhhh you are so on! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:46 am 

got these off reiny today:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWN:IT

real pleased with them and as i have maps to go with the Tegel and the 1st CSIO book (which incidentally bar for the slight stain on the front cover, is immaculate), these are a real nice purchase!

cheers Reiny!! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:21 pm 

What was it that drove this one so high?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:45 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:What was it that drove this one so high?

Had Installment I with it. I think that is the City State and that may have been the reason but then there could have been something buried in there that the average JG buyer might not recognize. I am still not up enough on the earlier JG identification and rareity to know what is worth bidding on and what is not.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:55 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:What was it that drove this one so high?

Me! I'm Balarnega on eBay, BTW...

Seriously, the original Thunderhold and original Tegel are like the top two of five or six items I need to complete my JG collection, including catalogs. This auction not only had Thunderhold and the City State Initial offering in sweet condition, from what I could tell it also has *all* of the original installment sheets plus the Judges Guild Journals... all in near-minty condition (my "I" is neither minty nor complete). Silly me, I figured no one would go as high as $25 each, which is my top rate on those sets each... sigh. It'll be a while before a set that nice pops up. I'll know to bid a bit higher next time...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:10 am 

I dropped my snipe when the deal got too rich.  Maybe I should have stayed in the game.   :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:22 am 

i spoke to mike who won it in the end - as per usual i am punting myself around the room for not bidding higher - i really didnt think anyone else would have bidded, hence my high bid. if i thought someone was gonna snipe, i would have gone to about $80-90.

some stuff in that lot you don't see that often and the condition was superb!

a nice catch mike, well done! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:51 am 

just a further note on the LOT that BTB won for me:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

looks as though most of the books in there are 1st prints, which makes me happy. the conditions are remarkable too. the D&D character sheets were just a pure bonus.

however, was looking through them just now - i was checking out the CSIO book (2nd print?)...i opened it....and you aint never gonna guess what was inside it - a 1st print Tegal Manor in amazing condition!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  i just went from being pleased with the lot to totally over the moon :D

yay!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:21 pm 

I was looking to get the All The Worlds Monsters II out of that lot.  It came up on EBay later as a separate item, but I was just out-sniped.  :evil:

I have All The Worlds Monsters I and III already...bought them in the University of Washington "U District" back when I was in college...$5 apiece.   8)

Through various quirks in Ebay purchasing I now have three (3) copies of Caverns of Thracia ....one of which is a first print.    :)

I also just bought a copy of Dark Tower for $5...but we'll see if I actually get it, because the seller seems a bit twitchy.   :?

My Judges Guild collection seems to lack only an item here or there.  I have collected a couple of the Runequest modules and I got a couple of Traveller modules in a lot.   :o

The Traveller modules came in an Ebay lot that included a Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde with maps....but the maps were not in the package sent.  Instead, I got the booklet for a revised City State of the Invincible Overlord, tucked inside the Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde cover.  I have complained to the seller, but he is slow to respond....I suspect that he just assumed the maps were present and now does not know what to say.    :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:02 pm 

hey folks, dunno if these are fun finds or not, but i have had a pile of stuff sat in the back room for a while and have been adding stuff to it on a regular basis. a sort of "oh i will get to look at them sometime" kinda thing. well i did that last night and from what i have sorted, this is what there was:

judges guild journal M
judges guild journal T
blank wilderness hex maps x 25
blank war terrain maps x 3
wilderlands of the magic realms (2nd print complete)
city state of the invincible overlord (presuming JG 62 2nd print with all maps - complete)
judges guild instalment M (modron) - with journal M and two maps
judges guild instalment M (modron) - with one large map
2 x modron large maps (with estuary on)
guidelines booklet L - tegel manor (has ende at the end)
guidelines booklet L - tegel manor (hole punched - feckin muppet who did that) (has ende at the end)
guidelines booklet L - tegal manor - shrinkwrapped!!! with maps, front sheet, character checklist etc
tegel manor - blue cover - complete with maps
tegel manor - blue cover - complete with maps
guidelines booklet L - tegel manor (complete with maps, front sheet and character checklist - no ende)
guidelines booklet L - tegel manor (complete with maps, front sheet and character checklist - no ende - this front sheet has a treasure vault on the back)
guidelines booklet N - wilderlands of high fantasy (complete with map 2 & 3)
guidelines booklet O - wilderlands of high fantasy (complete with maps 1, 4 and 5)
guidelines booklet N - wilderlands of high fantasy (complete with map 2 & 3)
guidelines booklet O - wilderlands of high fantasy (complete with maps 1, 4 and 5)
guidelines booklet N - wilderlands of high fantasy (complete with maps 2 & 3)
guidelines booklet O - wilderlands of high fantasy (complete with maps 1, 4 & 5)
spare maps:
judges map 2/3 (barbarian altanis/valley of the ancients)
players map 4 (tarantis)
judges map 4 (tarantis)
players map 4 (tarantis) - has writing on it
players map 4 (tarantis) - has writing on it
players map 2/3 (barbarian altanis/valley of the ancients) - has writing on it
city state of the invincible overlord (JG62 2nd print - book only)
city state of the invincible overlord (JG12 A5 booklet) x 2
initial guidelines booklet I
initial guidelines booklet J
2 parts of the 4 part CSIO map - 1976
thunderhold map - 1976
fantastic wilderlands beyonde (1st print) (complete with maps 7/8/9/10 desert lands/sea of the five winds/elphand lands/lenap)
fantastic wilderlands beyonde (2nd print) (complete with maps 7/8/9/10 desert lands/sea of the five winds/elphand lands/lenap - players maps 7 & 10 has writing on them)
Judges Guild instalment W - wilderlands of the magic realm (complete with maps 11 & 14 - Ghinor/Ament Tundra)
Judges Guild instalment W - wilderlands of the magic realm (complete with maps 11 & 14 - Ghinor/Ament Tundra)
Judges Guild instalment V - wilderlands of the magic realm (complete with maps 12 & 13 - Ebony Coast/Isles of the Blest)
Judges Guild instalment V - wilderlands of the magic realm (complete with maps 12 & 13 - Ebony Coast/Isles of the Blest)
Judges Guild instalment W - wilderlands of the magic realm (complete with maps 11 & 14 - Ghinor/Ament Tundra) - has some pencil writing in the book
Judges Guild instalment V - wilderlands of the magic realm (complete with maps 12 & 13 - Ebony Coast/Isles of the Blest) - has some pencil writing in the book
spare maps:
players maps 11 & 14 - Ghinor/Ament Tundra x 2
players maps 11 & 14 - Ghinor/Ament Tundra - has some writing on it
judges maps 11 & 14 - Ghinor/Ament Tundra x 3
judges maps 12 & 13 - Ebony Coast/Isles of the Blest x 2
players maps 12 & 13 - Ebony Coast/Isles of the Blest x 4
JG city state of the world emperor - city book only (spine a little cack)
JG city state of the world emperor - shops book only (spine a little cack)
JG city state of the world emperor - complete with three books, guidebook map 6, shops, city - colour map of viridistan, players/judges map 6: city state of the world emperor - judge map has pencil writing on it
JG city state of the world emperor - complete with three books, guidebook map 6, shops, city - colour map of viridistan, players/judges map 6: city state of the world emperor
JG city state of the world emperor - complete with three books, guidebook map 6, shops, city - colour map of viridistan, missing players/judges map 6: city state of the world emperor

phew!!! finally all sorted :)

sorry for the massive post - any comments/thoughts/help with the missing maps etc, most welcome :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:22 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:hey folks, dunno if these are fun finds or not, but i have had a pile of stuff sat in the back room for a while and have been adding stuff to it on a regular basis. a sort of "oh i will get to look at them sometime" kinda thing. well i did that last night and from what i have sorted, this is what there was:

JG city state of the world emperor - complete with three books, guidebook map 6, shops, city - colour map of viridistan, players/judges map 6: city state of the world emperor - judge map has pencil writing on it
JG city state of the world emperor - complete with three books, guidebook map 6, shops, city - colour map of viridistan, players/judges map 6: city state of the world emperor
JG city state of the world emperor - complete with three books, guidebook map 6, shops, city - colour map of viridistan, missing players/judges map 6: city state of the world emperor

phew!!! finally all sorted :)

sorry for the massive post - any comments/thoughts/help with the missing maps etc, most welcome :)

Al

First you selling anything from that long list..2nd those CSWE listed above do they all the same cover or are they different printings? (all the books that is)
Also those installments with envelopes?

ShaneG.

Oh forgot..nice lot there :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:38 pm 

yeah everything on that list will be for sale when i get round to it chummer.

gotta get round to doing pics next.

the CSWE books all look the same yea - 1980

and no i aint got no envelopes with the instalments either - which is a bummer

Al

btw. modrons...all the ones i got - i didnt have any of them monster sheets you mentioned. the one i am getting off ian hasnt got one either. i've never seen em before either.

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext