Request for Cover Scans
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:57 pm 

Its that time...warm up your scanners, get out your digital cameras...I need scans of every Judges Guild item!
Now to make this process painless on my email (do not post them in the forum), I am going to do this in 'blocks'. So with that in mind please send anything from item 0 to item 25.

Note on Images: Height should be 585 pixels, 72dpi, and named like so: (item #)(Item name)(printing if known)(Item part- i.e. cover, cover insert, map, sheet). If you have multiple copies :wink: :) try and send the best one in the photo. And I am fine with getting the same item sent multiple times as it gives me a selection to choose from, and you never know it may just show a never before seen item.
Concering maps: At this time send a photo of only a 'quadrant' from the map please, showing map name, Judge/Player, date, etc.

Thanks,
ShaneG.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:49 pm 

For those unsure about the size of the scans -- just send what you have, and I'll help Shane scale it to the correct size.  It usually results in a better image if we scale down a bigger scan, anyway.

Foul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:40 am 

Just a stupid question (I'm sure) but...

Would u mind to send an actual list of the material you need?

:wink:

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:52 am 

rosenkav wrote:Just a stupid question (I'm sure) but...

Would u mind to send an actual list of the material you need?

:wink:

If i find some time tonight (mega busy atm), i will scan what i can chummer and just mail it over...if its over 25 tough :D

havent got the time to go over things with a fine toothcomb, so will just scan what i can.

Al

ps. big e-mail beware!

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:57 pm 

Okay, big emails no problem. As for list - its everything JG (I really should invest in a scanner  :oops: ) As for those who posted photos prior or sent them to me before the announcement...I'm using them and Thank You! I'll try and get a breakdown of all the printings later today, and other items (envelopes, etc) I'm looking for.

Thank You all, and yes for the near future it means less questions about JG while I play with the web design. (Honest  :wink: , course if you could answer any posted earlier that would be great!)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:29 pm 

some scans on the way....hope some are good enough for you to use chummer!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:20 pm 

I want to take this time to thank those that have sent scans, or shall be doing so in the near future. Keep them coming  :)
List has been updated, if you sent something and it does not have a * by it, reasons are I do not know the printing at this time, or am hoping for a little better scan.  :oops:

Thanks,
ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:44 am 

shane

have sent some more scans - my scanner is shit really and i dont have a lot of time, so whacked some together quick to just keep the ball rolling....hope they will suffice...if they don't, well at least i tried :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:54 am 

killjoy32 wrote:shane

have sent some more scans - my scanner is shit really and i dont have a lot of time, so whacked some together quick to just keep the ball rolling....hope they will suffice...if they don't, well at least i tried :)

Al

Just got them..and ya know, something is better then nothing.

Thanks,
ShaneG.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:53 pm 

An idea you might want to consider -- ask sellers of JG material on eBay if you can use their scans (after their auction is complete, if they wish).  Just get their full name for the credits.  Most sellers will happily oblige -- this is how I obtained a vast majority of my scans in the early days.

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:59 pm 

In the unlikely event that any of these are useful, just let me know and I'll scan 'em and send 'em.

Dungeoneers Journal #25  Feb/March 1981
F'Dech Fo's Tomb
Heroic Expeditions
Lara's Tower
Operation Ogre (not NM)
Masters of Mind
Field Guide to Encounters (Vol 1+2)
Druids of Doom
Corsairs of Tallibar

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:51 pm 

Shane, I will scan everything I have and send them to you either tonight or first thing in the morning. Taking Foul's suggestion I will do high res scans and you two can size them to your needs since he is right about starting with good scans and working from there.

John

P.S. If you plan on adding some good reviews or descriptions of the modules/accessories let me know and I would be happy to do that with what I have as time permits.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:31 pm 

FoulFoot wrote:An idea you might want to consider -- ask sellers of JG material on eBay if you can use their scans (after their auction is complete, if they wish). Just get their full name for the credits. Most sellers will happily oblige -- this is how I obtained a vast majority of my scans in the early days.

Foul

Have been contacting sellers on Ebay, and either got some or can expect some..I've contacted the main sellers and others.
And as to those asking, check the list for scans needed (sticky post) and if it doesn't have a * beside the item then send it in. (A few cases I have a scan but could either use a better one, or I have only one book out of two scanned for example)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:50 pm 

pleveich wrote:P.S. If you plan on adding some good reviews or descriptions of the modules/accessories let me know and I would be happy to do that with what I have as time permits.

Descriptions I could use. For the time being I am using the JG catalogs and what other sites have written about them, but intend to eventually make them uniform (or try at any rate)

Maybe down the line the site can incorperate a price guide, reviews, who knows...but thats not my focus at this time.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:55 pm 

Is:
475: Installment 25 (Dungeoneers Journal 25 and Castle Book II)

the same as:

Dungeoneers Journal #25  Feb/March 1981

I'll send scans of:
F'Dech Fo's Tomb
Lara's Tower
Operation Ogre (not NM) (I'll check the printing, you've got 3rd)
Masters of Mind
Field Guide to Encounters (Vol 1+2)
Druids of Doom

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:50 am 

GraysonAC wrote:Is:
475: Installment 25 (Dungeoneers Journal 25 and Castle Book II)

the same as:

Dungeoneers Journal #25 Feb/March 1981

470 is the Dungeoneers Journal #25 Feb/March 1981. I included the installments on the list to get the envelope scans, plus for completeness.

I still need Dungeoneers Journal #25 Feb/March 1981 though.

ShaneG.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:15 pm 

where r u gonna use all these scans?
i just got a box of stuff i am going through and have 2 different tegel mannor, the 3 world emperor city shop maps6, spies of lightelf,  fortress badabskor, castle book 2,  the illhiedren book, 2 large maps city of state of the invinceable overlord (don't know what they go in 2 same maps) also have allot of d&d mods and nanorien stones, if you still need any let me know i can takes some pics of them.
also do you know where i can find out the value of any of these? none are mint they are used books
 tanx

Thondor

YIM  

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:51 am 

dah i am stupid
search just sent me in this forum
went to main page of this site
and found listings
just call me stupid
no wonder no replies to
my stupid question :?